• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Gurl...this episode felt kind of overwhelming and I'm not sure why lol
I loved the photoshoot; despite the fact that we just came off of All Stars, it was so fun seeing all the alumni again.
Brooke's superhero-esque eleganza was a fuckin' TOOT! I liked Ariel's poison Ivy meets Laganja outfit too, thought that was really cute. The rest of the runway was fine. Scarlet and Plastique's outfits were cute but I expected a little more; I'm waiting for them to bring it.
Also...Silky is funny, but I'm gonna need her to turn it down just a little fuckin' bit because she was becoming a bit TOO MUCH. And this is only the first episode...
I Wasn't the biggest fan of that strangely edited, brief, Oppression Olympics-y convo in untucked...like, I hear what they're saying, but there's so many places in the modern USA where "looking gay" (i.e effeminate, flamboyant, gender nonconforming) will get you beaten or killed regardless of color.
Makeup is a magical substance! ;) I was more surprised that Shuga had only started doing drag so recently.
Honestly, every time a queen says "I've only done drag for a year, tee hee!" I'm like "GuurI, I know yo gay ass snuck into yo mamma's closet more than once, you ain't foolin' nobody."

Last edited:

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised Soju was the first out, I was expecting her to ends up like Blair StClair. Tought Mercedes was gonna ends up going out first.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
That was a typical first episode. Lots of stuff going on. Lots of personalities to filter out.

This level of unprofessionalism would never be seen on Drag Race Thailand.

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
That was really something. I think my fav is Yvie, and Vanjie is really killing it. I definitely think she has the advantage coming in, and I see her as at least making top 4. Silky needs to calm down, seriously. But she will be unforgettable after this, she knows what she is doing. Soju......soju.....soju......wow...even if you excuse the cultural crutch, the oversharing and thirstiness was just horrible. The whole world now knows your business. The other queens were laughing when she repeated it in untucked, but Soju didn't realize they were laughing at her stupidity for even repeating that shit. Its really unfortunate. I wish her the best. Honestly, I feel like inviting her on was a way to show the internet queens that this is serious business and that they will get played if they come on the show thinking its cute.

Gigan

Oct 27, 2017
Urgh... As a fan of Shot with Soju, this first episode was just the worst. Bad entry look, bad runway look, way TMI, meh lipsync... I mean, I was glad when I learnt she joined RPDR11 even if I knew she wasn't winner material. But I was not expecting her to go home first. 8__8
Semi-related, speaking of Shot with Soju, Dixie Lynn Cartwright for season 12 pls.

Rooting for Brooke Lynn Hytes now. She is so polished it's crazy ! + I like her quiet personnality.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Kahanna is cute (out of drag), so I'm rooting for her now.

But she's not going to win so I'm actually rooting for Vanjie or Plastique.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Also Silky was so desperate for her moment. She wants to be a catchphrase queen so bad, but she doesn't realize people like that just do it without having to be...all over the place.

See:

I missed the premire tonight, what's the deal with Soju?
Flop with no actual talent and told the entire world about her ass cyst.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Silky is way obnoxious. Sucks all the air out of the room. I'm eager for her to shut up and go the hell away. Sadly, loudmouths tend to outstay their welcome on this show, so I'm sure she'll be supplying insufferable drama for many episodes to come.

Yvie Oddly is hot out of drag and I like her head ridges. I've always enjoyed the weirder conceptual queens. Hope she sticks around for a bit.

I expected to be more impressed by Plastique. She faded into the background until the final runway. I've got nothing against talented introverts though. If she keeps turning the looks, I'll be all for it.

Brooke's drag seems very cool so far. I want to see more.

Thanks for that fascinating info about your gross health issues, Soju.

Ru looked like a grandma this week. Not sure what was up with that dress and wig.

Last edited:

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm obsessed with Plastique even though she's not really done anything to stand out yet. My god is she gorgeous.

SO glad that Vanjie really killed it this episode. I can't wait to see what she brings this season.

My biggest disappointment was Soju. From the previews I was totally rooting for her, but yikes at her performance.

Can't wait to see what else Yvie does. I love that type of weird drag.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
At first, I was rooting for Brooke, Plastique and Silky. I'm not so sure about Silky anymore.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
From the cast reveal I was rooting for Brooke, Silky, and Soju.

I'm still rooting for Brooke.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I love Yvie and I can't wait for her to get sent home just short of the top 4 with the "lovable weirdo" edit that Ben, Katya, and Cracker received.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
#TeamSilky, but I fully reserve the right to change this because she has the potential to get annoying.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
Curious what bothered you to this extent, unless you meant her graphic oversharing... which is fair, lol.
She treated this entire thing as a joke and was already cutting corners in the first challenge.

Girl, you're on the biggest platform for drag in the world and you're fawning over boys, wearing FLATS(?????), and resorting to Korean silhouettes so you can skip the basics and then an 11th hour sob story hoping that would grant you sympathy?

She can fuck all the way off, in my opinionata.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After the promo I was all in for Silky and Soju.

Welp.

Loving Vanjie and I'm curious to see more of Honey Davenport. Her reaction faces and derisive laughs in Untucked were giving me life. Brooke Lynne is fucking hot as a boy but her drag, while polished, feels like it has a low ceiling on how interesting it can be-- her looks were sort of like Katya's without the wit. I want to like Yvie Odly more than I do but I loved that she referenced Christeene!

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
good first episode. i felt like i was done with drag race but turns out i'm just done with all stars. a good group of girls, and it makes it even better that most of them are not actually that good, if that makes sense.
shame that soju had to be the first one, i was looking forward to her on the show. before the premiere i was feeling silky but now i dunno, i don't think i can take all that personality for more than a few episodes. she's probably going home soon tho.
just based on the first episode, i don't have any clear favorites tho, which isn't really a bad thing.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly was gagged. Great first episode. Great queens. Loved that the queens actually had to make their own outfits.

Personally would've given Vanjie the win, she looked amazing imo. Personally feel that Soju did a better job in the sync, though Kahanna is hot in boy mode so I ain't that mad.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Silky sweetie, no...its so obvious that she came with a plan, trying hard to be a meme queen to sell he merch and it just doesn't work that way. One episode in and we're already tired of her over the top-ness. Stacey Lane Mathews was a loveable friendly unpolished queen that became a drag race legend because she was herself, you can't just fake and self-produce that. I, too think she's not gonna make it very far though.

Ariel feels like she'll be the bitch of the season (so far), and I don't get the love for Plastique (I actually do, it's cause she's "pretty").

My favs so far are Brooke, Vanjie and Yvie. Akeira is also stunning. Nina might be the queen who's disadvantaged by her runway. Scarlet's entrance look is probably the worst entrance look I've seen.

Edit: I bet Soju is gonna be the returning queen of S12 (after she get sewing lessons)

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Silky at first, but about halfway through the episode I was like please stop. I also really didn't like her runway look, I honestly thought she'd be in the bottom with Soju. Bottom three should've been Silky, Nina, and Soju. The weird pass they gave to Nina kinda bugged me.

Not gonna lie though, I was rooting for Soju. It would've been interesting to see her growth over the course of the season.

Vanjie definitely impressed me. I'm glad that she came back and showed that she could be more than just a meme.

croc

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis
Honestly I hope they cool it on returning queens for a season. We've had one the last 3 seasons now and Soju was all around completely forgettable. Not exactly the type they will be scrambling to put back on the show again.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
We need gifs of Miss Vanjie hiding and Brooke's reaction to Soju oversharing about her ass cyst on Untucked

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Soju bitch I got a cyst too but like bitch you ain't gotta share that and it seemed like a lame attempt at becoming a meme with cysters girl no

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Soju bitch I got a cyst too but like bitch you ain't gotta share that and it seemed like a lame attempt at becoming a meme with cysters girl no

She's tried to play for sympathy, but... I don't know what having a cyst had to do with her just throwing some tulle around her body for a runway challenge. Is it absorbent?

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
OMG watching the watch party for EP 1 and Soju has not learned a thing! It's very telling (and also incredible) that none of her friends strategized with her to be better prepared for dealing with interviews and the public on her embarrassing elimination. Silky kind of redeemed herself in the viewing party in my opinion.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
LMAO it was actually lowkey shady to have some of these queens show up but to not have their stuff in the boxes... then again a lot of them weren't drag race royalty no shade. I loved seeing Adore though, she served it too.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Silky is too obnoxious.

Vanjie is definitely more than a meme. So entertaining without being annoying and so much Star quality. And she's gorgeous in and out of drag with a friendly personality to boot. Crown ha!

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I love Vanjie so much, im so glad that she's doing great so far on ep 1 and not a one meme wonder. I could see from her response after season 10 that she wouldn't run Vanjie into the ground.

I'm sad Soju bombed. Definitely happy with this episode, it was really fun. All Stars really dampened me on Drag Race but this episode was good.

I'm really routing for Nina and I want her to do better, sad to see her falter this episode.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jasmine had her chance in AS4.
Hello 👋 ☺️I am Jasmine Masters👸🏾💅🏾and I have something to say🎤😁 I went on a date with this guy❤️ 🥘 and when he called me back📞 ☎️ for another one☝️✌️I said, "Hell no."🙈❌And he asked me why 😭😩I said, "'Cause, baby👶🍼 your breath smells😗💨 exactly like your ass 🍑💨 Your breath stinks." 😷🤮 [exhales and inhales] 😣🤢 Honey, I don't know 🍯 🤔what you been doing 🤯😱what you been eating 😮🌮 but your breath smells like 💩💀you have been doing nothing 😬😹but eating on asshole😋🍴I need you to fix that👩🏾‍⚕️🦷Don't eat no more asshole🙅‍♀️🕳️Go see a dentist👨‍⚕️👀and then come back👸🏾🔙and say hello to me 👋 👸🏾I am Jasmine Masters👸🏾💅🏾and I have something to say🎤😁Thank you🙏👋

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Jasmine looked bomb tonight tho. Her drag is usually pretty low rent but she turnt it tonight. I'm surprised she's still invited back all the time, didn't she drag drag race forever ago

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Some comments

Silky: just shut up or go away.
Plastique: needs to prove she's more than a pretty face/body, but damn she's pretty. I won't be surprised if she comes out as trans.
Nina: looks hot as a man, her drag is poor
Brooke: looks hot as a man too, I am not sure I like her drag, it looks so... simple and way too 90's and not in a good way.
Vanjie: Silky should learn from her how being loud without being annoying is done
Envy: surpisingly good looks on runway after that disastrous entrance get up
Sugah Cain: Strong queen all around, top 4, easily
Ariel Versace: meh, need more episodes to see if she's so good as she claims
Oddly: I hope she stays long, I want to see her crazy looks.
Soju: keep doing youtube reviews