• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
wW23EE7l.jpg
Man that's amazing, is that OC?

As an aside - looks at those hands fanning out like that; I'm not even sure I could do that if I sat there and tried. It's actually a very convincing part of the "female impersonation" in that shot

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
Silky should be done now. Those allegations about sexual assault should be taken very seriously, and the show should consider these allegations and silky's behaviour in their decision making for win. Someone who is so unaware, attention hungry, and power hungry should not be reigning or even representing the drag world. We all have had one two many and possibly engaged in questionable activity, but silky shows an unmitigated propensity to disregard others' space. This seems more like habitual action rather than a one off occurrence.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Monet was kicked off of the haters roast and Trinity quit in solidarity.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Silky's attitude problems are not going to do her any favors even if nothing comes of this sexual assault talk. The producers are probably praying that doesn't get traction, lest they be in the position to have to decide whether to even invite her back for the reunion (doubly awkward if she was in the final set of contestants). In any case, she's a hot mess and totally annoying so I really don't give a crap about her.

Is what Ariel said about Soju correct? I got the impression (as I don't know who she is) that Soju only did drag on her Youtube show and has never actually done traditional drag performance of any kind (never done the clubs or anything). Still, trying to shortcut it just so you don't have to pad the first week is a pretty bad look overall.
I'm no expert in drag but from what I've seen Soju is very unprepared to be on the drag race and it shows. I've watched Watcha packin episode with her and her top 3/top 4 gown was displayed, whcih she has wore in one of the preseason promotional stuff and looked so fucking cheap, like if that's your best drag you have no business being in such competition. I also tried to watch some of her YouTube content...boring and uninteresting are words that come to mind. I don't mean to be an asshole but if you're gonna make some silly excuses for your misses, well...

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This minichallenge (from the preview) is so awkward to watch re: Silky in the context of the stuff that's come out.

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017
You can read all about it here.

Omg, thank you. Holy fucking shit, this person came with abundant receipts. I'm so sorry for Monet but I'm glad to hear it's cause she's booked with fucking Madonna, holy shit (she just had that Pepsi commercial too, get it sis.) What a bunch of assholes. I was wondering if I ought to try to go to one of these events sometime just to see the queens but Christ, they can keep it. Their promos are cut so annoyingly on top of it all.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Omg, thank you. Holy fucking shit, this person came with abundant receipts. I'm so sorry for Monet but I'm glad to hear it's cause she's booked with fucking Madonna, holy shit (she just had that Pepsi commercial too, get it sis.) What a bunch of assholes. I was wondering if I ought to try to go to one of these events sometime just to see the queens but Christ, they can keep it. Their promos are cut so annoyingly on top of it all.
Yeah, Haters Roast is great and all, but working with Madonna is a career opportunity of a fucking lifetime. I could understand them letting her go, but on better terms for sure.

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
Happy that Yvie and Scarlet both won that challenge they absolutely deserved it. I also loved both their looks in the runway.

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yvie and Scarlet definitely deserved the win, but I do think the Black Panther team was funnier.

croc

Oct 27, 2017
Indianapolis
This episode was so damn good. Kinda thought Nina deserved top placement but everyone was really good this episode. Nina this episode was giving me like...Mimi Imfurst but actually good and not cringey

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
This episode was so damn good. Kinda thought Nina deserved top placement but everyone was really good this episode. Nina this episode was giving me like...Mimi Imfurst but actually good and not cringey

I think her runway knocked her out of the top.

Vanjie was so stunning on the runway. I was a little disappointed that she ended up safe and didn't get critiques, but the best part of her challenge performance was the back and forth with Ross and Michelle, not the final product. I was ROLLING.

Hello, hello, hello Christine!

Oh, and...

xptgrom.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was expecting Plastique to win, she was very entertaining in the acting challenge. But I'm fine with Scarlet and Yvie winning as they also did well.

Last edited:

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
My biggest issue with this episode was that the black panther script just seemed so much worse than the get out script.

Also Get Out felt more like "You might be the killer" at times.

Oct 27, 2017
I really like Shuga Cain.
Ariel didn't deserve to be in the bottom 4 imo...
Also Vanessa's idea of dorky dad is one of my favorite things to come out of this show. Oh, and Ra'Jah reading Yvie on her smell in the confessional was funny af lol
I'm so happy to see my gurls Plastique and Scarlet do so well tonight, they stepped it up like I hoped they would! I hope they keep it up.

Ru looked like a dream tonight, serving that glamorous African queen realness. Yes, mama!
LOVED the runway theme! My fav lewks came from Plastique, Vanessa, Ariel (CUTE af), and Scarlett (loved the blue color scheme and bubbles). Honorable mention goes to Yvie, I'm not really into the unconventional (i.e "weird") aesthetic, but her costume was fun and creative.

Last edited:

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
Decent episode. I am getting a little tired of Asian queens using stereotypical tropes in acting challenges, and the judges reacting like it's hilllaaarioous. The lack of shadows in the green screen of Black Panther made it look like a terrible 90s FMV game at times too.

Also VH1 has bizarre blurring standards, cause all that Silky is much safer than a fake female nipple or two. 😝

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the episode. The skits were a little funnier than they normally are. Still struggling to remember some of the queens, but that's normal for this early in the season. I have to say my favorite looks on the runway were Brooke, Plastique, and Vanessa. Can't wait to see more from them. As for the bottom two, I agreed with it, but I also felt kinda bad for them. I swear their roles had like one or two lines. There didn't seem to be much to do with those parts or who knows maybe they really were that forgettable.
Decent episode. I am getting a little tired of Asian queens using stereotypical tropes in acting challenges, and the judges reacting like it's hilllaaarioous. The lack of shadows in the green screen of Black Panther made it look like a terrible 90s FMV game at times too.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I kinda feel uncomfortable watching stuff like that. It's not always a home run though; it really didn't work for Gia on All Stars.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rewatching the lip sync and I realize why I'm not crazy about it. The camera work is all over the place. Makes me think neither of them knew the lyrics.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Really good runways this episode, especially being so early in the season
Team Yvie, not sure why Raja is getting her panties in a twist about getting called out on her shit

Rewatching the lip sync and I realize why I'm not crazy about it. The camera work is all over the place. Makes me think neither of them knew the lyrics.

Drag queens not knowing the words to Work Bitch? Not possible

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Yvie going off over people stating objective facts about Silky felt like some producer manufactured mess. It wasn't that serious.

I'm sad Benikahanna wen't home because she's a very attractive man.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Plastique, Yvie, and especially Scarlet did a surprisingly good job in that acting challenge. We love a talented queen.

Scarlet, Brook, and Vanjie had great runway looks. RuPaul looked cool too. I thought Vanjie was going to be a gimmick in this season, but she came to compete, and it's been great to watch.

Silky was protected for reality TV purposes. Her performance was blah and her runway was trash. She continues to be obnoxious and sloppy. And she has the nerve to get huffy when people give a factual description of her behavior? She needs to go.

I'm rolling my eyes at Mercedes' stroke story. Why do the producers think this is compelling entertainment? In the space of two episodes I've heard about someone's oozing taint cyst, and someone else's racial profiling and debilitating health scare. What kind of misery will we wallow in next week, I wonder?

Last edited:

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Yvie going off over people stating objective facts about Silky felt like some producer manufactured mess. It wasn't that serious.

I'm sad Benikahanna wen't home because she's a very attractive man.
Yeah, I felt the same. It also seems like she didn't really feel that into it but did what they wanted her to do. She's still a front runner for me. Her look and how well she did in the acting challenge just elevated her even more.

My girl Plastique killed it again this episode. Although I do worry if she keeps serving thigh high boots and a leotard. Although this one was sculptured, so that's nice.

I really don't get how Nina can think the looks she's pulling are worthy of Drag Race. Like someone else said, she has loads of experience so I feel like the way she pads (does she even?) should be better. Her boobs are always way too high up on her chest, but I guess that is an OG look too so maybe it's just a taste thing for me.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Just watch Yvie Oddly become another Sharon Needles. Someone with a very new aesthetic to Drag Race, that no one was giving it much thought before the season started, but quickly became a frontrunner, manages to win the season and shake the mainstream drag for a few years.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Just watch Yvie Oddly become another Sharon Needles. Someone with a very new aesthetic to Drag Race, that no one was giving it much thought before the season started, but quickly became a frontrunner, manages to win the season and shake the mainstream drag for a few years.
Yvie hasn't done anything new or interesting within these first two episodes other than show her head ridges to the world in high definition. This reminds me of when people were saying Sasha Velour was revolutionary for having some fashion history knowledge and for ~fucking with gender~ because she was the "1st bald drag queen ever".

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Honestly, if Brook can keep up the looks and nail the challenges she'll be a winner baby. These two weeks of runway have been PHENOMENAL, really bringing out the quality ala Kameron. Also Oddly is so good, that runway look was just jaw dropping. For the first two episodes they've got some stellar people who know how to sew that's for sure.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Yvie hasn't done anything new or interesting within these first two episodes other than show her head ridges to the world in high definition. This reminds me of when people were saying Sasha Velour was revolutionary for having some fashion history knowledge and for ~fucking with gender~ because she was the "1st bald drag queen ever".

The fact that people have been saying Yvie belongs in Dragula is proof enough that people perceives her as if she doesn't fit in the Drag Race aesthetic.