• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Rewatching the lip sync and I realize why I'm not crazy about it. The camera work is all over the place. Makes me think neither of them knew the lyrics.

Pretty sure Kahanna fell at around 1:08. With all the flips and intensity, it's still the best "second episode lipsync" to me.

Yvie hasn't done anything new or interesting within these first two episodes other than show her head ridges to the world in high definition.

You know those head ridges is a medical condition, right?

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Kahanna fell at around 1:08. With all the flips and intensity, it's still the best "second episode lipsync" to me.

I don't remember seeing someone do gymnastic flips like that in a lip sync before. I felt kinda bad for her because she pulled out these stunts that were kinda cool even with her stumble, and the crowd just goes mild.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
I was relieved the acting challenge was actually pretty good, at least by the show's exceptionally low standards. Much better than the last few seasons and didn't make me cringe. But now I'm kinda worried we're getting another acting challenge next episode and that one's probably gonna suck.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was relieved the acting challenge was actually pretty good, at least by the show's exceptionally low standards. Much better than the last few seasons and didn't make me cringe. But now I'm kinda worried we're getting another acting challenge next episode and that one's probably gonna suck.
I'm thinking next episode will be improv like the Bossy Rossy episode.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this looks like a group improv challenge.

The problem is going to be a lack of familiarity with the format for some queens I think cause this is a bit of a dated reference.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
The runway this week was great for the most part. Nina though, I think her runway is gonna be her downfall. And seems like we're not gonna get rid of Silky for quite a while, she totally deserved to be bottom 3 instead of Ariel but production wants her there for as long as possible for reality TV drama.

I gotta say I was put off by Yvie this episode when she started that shit about queens being fed up with silky, when you know damn well that if she was in the other team she'd agree that silky is becoming annoying and camera hungry. Although Ra'jah was clearly unprepared for that whole altercation lol.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Scarlet looked INCREDIBLE on the runway. One of the best looks in the series? Me thinks so.

Wtf was up with all the girls being Aries Leo or Pisces shit no cancer?

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Wow roast us 😂😂😂

8258.jpg

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
Just watched the episode and the untucked. I was surprised by the results of the acting challenge. I thought they were going to be horrible, but I actually liked them. As for the runways, I think Scarlet and Yvie deserved the win hands down. The elimination was definitely predictable. I'm just glad ya gurl turned it out! Mercedes truly had a different aura about her during the lip-sync.

The drama that went down between Yvie and the earring wrangler was some editing magic. Only in the very last time they play the exchange, possibly in untucked, do they show that Ra'jah's face, and Yvie was right, it looked like she had barely started her makeup. Also how you trying to be a bully and a sheep all at once. Ra'jah would not own up to talking about silky right to her face. She wants to put Ariel out there, but won't say her own name. True sign of a shit starter. If you were criticizing too, the only name that should come out of your mouth (or at least first) should be your own. Then she wants to snap at Yvie for calling her on it. How about you pop off on the one that you claim is agitating you so...? Then she didn't accept Yvie's apology (editing?). Come on now. That's nothing but nastiness.

EDIT: I guess she has to live up to the O'hara name...

Last edited:

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I loved the runway but now I do think they should've waited until they had 12 girls left and just had them all represent one tbh.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I loved the runway but now I do think they should've waited until they had 12 girls left and just had them all represent one tbh.

Well the girls get the potential Runway lists before they start filming, so they can prepare their garnments... they can't really do a whole 12-zodiac unless it's a sewing/design challenge.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Well the girls get the potential Runway lists before they start filming, so they can prepare their garnments... they can't really do a whole 12-zodiac unless it's a sewing/design challenge.

Right but I just think it would've been cool to see all the signs represented.

Also I thought Nina's outfit was awful, Girl is not serving lewks at all. Her performance was good tho. I'm surprised they didn't do the winning/losing team but it was refreshing.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I liked a lot that we get to see different sides of all the queens.

some of them REALLY stepped up their game and are turning into my personal favorites

Plastique, Oddly, Envy, Brooke, Shuga, these are top 5 queens

.- I was starting to get bored by plastique's cute looks then she slayed the runway and was funny and talented at acting, go girl
.- Oddly's Leo look was the winner for me personally, I mean this is season 11 looking like a pretty girl won't cut it, you gotta stand out. Electronic lion? fuck yeah.
.- Brooke had a messy acting performance but she's at home on the runway. she looked stunning. Her Canadian (entrance) and Detox looks didn't really resonate with me. Today, I said wow.
.- Shuga, yeah scorpio was ok but she was fun in the challenge and I think she's all around fierce.
.- Envy, she was the star performer in the acting challenge and her runway was spectacular, she and Oddly winning was sooo deserved. I will try to forget her entrance look which was trash.

As for bottom tier queens,

.- I think Nina was great in the acting challenge but her runways are a complete disaster.... she won't last long.
.- Mercedes nailed the lipsync, she showed a ton of personality. she needs to get out of her introspective self and stop with the excuses, she better work bitch.
.- Kahanna, I am not sure what to think. I think her runway was solid, certainly not the worst.

Meh queens are eveyone else, so I will comment on them next episode.

anybody knows where's the untucked episode online???? I can't find it :´(

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I feel like I'm the only one that hated that acting challenge. I'm probably not but I don't go to reddit much.

The runways were stunning. I really enjoyed the star sign runway. Love how good they've been already.

re: drama. I feel like that was the most direct shit stirring Rupaul has ever done on the show and I was kinda over it. I didn't expect the Rajah / Yvie fight so that surprised me.

I love Vanessa so much get that bitch to the end.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Vanjie really is slaying but did the bitch adopt the color red like girl your name ain't scarlet

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Man, what a fun episode and Untucked. Really entertaining. Actually laughed at various bits of the acting challenge, and there were some killer looks on the runway. Normal seasons are so much better than All Stars, and this one is turning out great already.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I usually find the acting challenges super cringey but this episode had me absolutely rolling. So good

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
The episode was better than I expected. Top 2 were the right choices and so was the elimination, although I felt really bad for Kahanna after watching untucked.

The whole Yvie and Rah'jah bit made me uncomfortable. I will say that I think Yvie was in the right for asking the girls to step it up. Like, the episode will air the names will be public, so talk it out here instead of Twitter cause I can't be bothered following that shit.

Calling out Rah'jah's make up was stupid, but I can't believe how hung up she was about it. Calling her ugly in the confessional? Go back to highschool, bitch. Watching untucked, I just felt bad for Yvie. You can tell she was vulnerable and it was getting to her. Also, in the pre-commercial preview I could swear Yvie mentioned something about "mean girls" but when they came back it wasn't brought up.

Anyhow:
- Rah'jah can go
- Here for Yvie
- Ru should crown Vanjie and save the money. She's checking all the boxes for me.
- I need the final tee on Silky because I'm getting more uncomfortable with how she's being favored by production
- Brooklyn is cool
- Plastique is two notches better than I expected, but sis that was racist and done before
- I felt for Iman, the stroke story felt a bit random and the production felt forced. I was more uncomfortable with Michelle digging into her accent, and that lip sync was quality
- Ariel is pretty but blah so far
- Scarlet is stunning but she's too close to Milly's Twilight Zone
- Shuga is an underdog and I want to have her over for dinner
- Akeria is somewhat fun to watch but her drag isn't giving me feels
- Everyone I didn't mention is forgettable.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Yvie butt in in a fight that didn't concern her? She was a lot worse than Rajah, that's for sure.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I was gonna ask how we felt about Plastique's performance/accent. I was getting heavy Manila S3 flashbacks (although I think Manila was being more racist by being another country's stereotype, not her own lmao)

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Plastique is a Vietnamese drag queen who emphasized her accent during a comedy challenge. I didn't get the sense she was mocking her accent or her culture.

Besides, I'm not Vietnamese. If anyone should have a problem with her portrayal, it's them.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Oh I ain't got no problem with, I'm curious if anyone else did. But it's her own culture unlike Manila.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Yeah I was gonna ask how we felt about Plastique's performance/accent. I was getting heavy Manila S3 flashbacks (although I think Manila was being more racist by being another country's stereotype, not her own lmao)
You're allowed to make fun and comment on your own culture. It's just a form of satire. Rupaul does it all the time, impersonating his mom for example. White people do it too, impersonating posh people or trump voters.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else get major "long haired Bayonetta" vibes from Shuga Cain's runway?

Nista

Oct 26, 2017

Nice reference, goes along with the Argonian maid from DRT.

As for Plastique, she can make fun of her home culture all the wants. My comment is more on the side of the judges/producers showing a narrower view of Asian comedy and acting. It's really only been that annoying with Gia and Manila, Yuhua and Soju weren't around long enough. I can't actually remember Phi Phi or Kim Chi's acting, heh.

Then again, most of the scripts are so bad in these challenges, you have to be a lovable goofball like Vangie to make them memorable.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
liked the episode. but damn, not everyone is gaga. they should really stop letting judges go take up time in untucked.

silky was a bit more tolerable this episode. the drama between yvie and rajah, i didn't really care for.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
All the standing for Drag Race Thailand got me curious. Is there a legal way to stream it?

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
At least after that tedious argument this week, I know who Ra'jah is, last week I don't think I noticed he was even there, but now I've got a sense of who he is.

There's still a few folk who are just completely fading into the background such as Honey Davenport, Sugar Cain, they're not leaving any kind of impression on me whatsoever.

It's a good cast overall, though. Scarlet Envy is growing on me.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Just watched the last episode, is Plastique wearing the outfit that Aja got sent home in in season 9? Looks sooo similar.