• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017
The problem I have with Plastique doing that accent is that one of the white queens asked her to do it--but I also feel like there is sort of a thing where you're doing this kind of accent for a white audience... it just feels a little bit like not everyone there is laughing in the right way, if that makes any sense. I also am surprised that no one was really bothered by them having these majority non-black queens do black cinema. I was expecting at least a few people to be kinda put off by it but no one seemed to mind... maybe I'm just over-sensitive.

There are still a couple of queens I keep forgetting about or confusing until I see them in Untucked... but Vanjie is far and away my favorite right now. But it always takes me a few to several episodes to start really feeling everyone out, so we'll see where things go.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The problem I have with Plastique doing that accent is that one of the white queens asked her to do it--but I also feel like there is sort of a thing where you're doing this kind of accent for a white audience... it just feels a little bit like not everyone there is laughing in the right way, if that makes any sense. I also am surprised that no one was really bothered by them having these majority non-black queens do black cinema. I was expecting at least a few people to be kinda put off by it but no one seemed to mind... maybe I'm just over-sensitive.

There are still a couple of queens I keep forgetting about or confusing until I see them in Untucked... but Vanjie is far and away my favorite right now. But it always takes me a few to several episodes to start really feeling everyone out, so we'll see where things go.
If they weren't comfortable doing the accent then they wouldn't have done the accent.

And what were the non-black queens supposed to do? opt out of the challenge?

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017
If they weren't comfortable doing the accent then they wouldn't have done the accent.

And what were the non-black queens supposed to do? opt out of the challenge?

I don't blame them for participating, it's just not a situation I feel like is great on the show's end. Drag plays with the lines on these things a lot, but I just feel like this could have gotten pretty awk.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Don't remember that one. Screenshots please?

This is the one it reminded me of. The corset and collar. Plastiques corset is different after seeing them both but I think the neck piece is the same.

d79ddc5bcefe259fe10837875d639591.jpg

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
This is the one it reminded me of. The corset and collar. Plastiques corset is different after seeing them both but I think the neck piece is the same.

d79ddc5bcefe259fe10837875d639591.jpg
Ah I see it. There's enough differences to make both feel unique, but I honestly loved both looks. Plastique's is my favorite from the waist up, while I prefer Aja's from the waist down. I'm so glad Aja's contouring improved in AS3, cause yeesh.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I thought it was going to be a double elimination. Mercedes did a bit better, but I thought that was a pretty tame lipsync for such a pumped song (never heard it before). Kahannah needs a bit longer in the oven, her make-up was terrible on the runway and I hate the girls who say things like "next time you'll see the real me" she said the same kind of thing the first episode, and you know, maybe we've seen it?...

Another acting challenge next episode? This one wasn't the worst ever, but they always drag, two in a row is rough.

Kudos to Yvie for being all round awesome but also calling out the sheepishness in the other team when Silky asked them who was talking shit. Not kudos to Ariel because she was just waiting for an excuse to both call out Silky (when Ru came over) and make it known (when asked by Silky herself) - she seems like that kind of bitch.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't believe they ain't read Ariel for that skirt, that fit was like 45 year old HR employee, the shoes too, the fuck? It looked awful. Pretty sure Raja and Aquaria tooted it too.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still can't believe they ain't read Ariel for that skirt, that fit was like 45 year old HR employee, the shoes too, the fuck? It looked awful. Pretty sure Raja and Aquaria tooted it too.
FPR has been a mess lately. I'm honestly enjoying Yuhua's bootleg FPR more, since she's not afraid to boot looks she doesn't like.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Ariel looked as boxy as Vanjie did ep1 of s10. From the neck up it was fine, if just on brand.

I was disappointed that there were so many signs not represented, it would've been better to hand them out when there were 12 (or 13) of them.

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017
What was going on with the little nudie look Ariel had in the credits? (I think that was where I saw it.) Why not that instead of that giant skirt? Her face was super cute, though... I'm looking for more Lisa Frank drag, so pls step it up, sis.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the controversy with Plastique doing the over the top accent, they're drag queens ffs AND she is Vietnamese herself so? I didn't even find Manila's (in season 3) to be "problematic", like Raja said then, they're Asians they get to do that kind of humour so long as it's not insanely offensive and unfunny like Gia's AS4.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Gia's didn't work because it wasn't funny. Plastique was funny so it's okay. They are (mostly) men wearing wigs, for chrissake. Like the entire point of drag is to thread that thin line between being offensive and being entertaining.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK

YEah agreed I hated that skirt, from tummy up was fine. Didn't photo fashion review toot some other bad looks recently too? It seems to be becoming a recent occurrence.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Just wanted to pop in here and say that I'm very happy that Netflix is streaming S11 in Latin America. Sure, we're a week behind the US, but well worth it to see it in HD and with subtitles.

Also, I just saw my first episode of Untucked, cause that's also airing on Netflix.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Just wanted to pop in here and say that I'm very happy that Netflix is streaming S11 in Latin America. Sure, we're a week behind the US, but well worth it to see it in HD and with subtitles.

Also, I just saw my first episode of Untucked, cause that's also airing on Netflix.
It's not in Canada sadly :(

But we have outTVgo which has the episodes immediately after they air, and untucked.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
It's not in Canada sadly :(

But we have outTVgo which has the episodes immediately after they air, and untucked.
We have VH1 here on our cable, but it's the Latin American version of it, which would never air Drag Race for apparent cultural reasons.

It sucks here in my country. Call Me By Your Name wasn't shown in theaters (but Brokeback Mountain did, years ago). Love Simon was shown, but you had to be over 21 to see it because of the rating it received here.

That's why I'm a big fan of Netflix... they have a lot of great movies and shows that some people in Latin America would never get to properly see otherwise... wish they did a bit more sometimes (come on, give us Queer as Folk, UK and US versions) but I'm still happy overall.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
We have VH1 here on our cable, but it's the Latin American version of it, which would never air Drag Race for apparent cultural reasons.

It sucks here in my country. Call Me By Your Name wasn't shown in theaters (but Brokeback Mountain did, years ago). Love Simon was shown, but you had to be over 21 to see it because of the rating it received here.

That's why I'm a big fan of Netflix... they have a lot of great movies and shows that some people in Latin America would never get to properly see otherwise... wish they did a bit more sometimes (come on, give us Queer as Folk, UK and US versions) but I'm still happy overall.
Oof that's brutal, yeah. Good on netflix for bringing you guys representative content.

I just don't have cable in Canada, so I gotta find somewhere that streams it close to air time

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Silky was protected for reality TV purposes. Her performance was blah and her runway was trash. She continues to be obnoxious and sloppy. And she has the nerve to get huffy when people give a factual description of her behavior? She needs to go.
Silky totally got a sympathy edit this week. She didn't even get called out for flubbing her line in the acting challenge.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any updates on the sexual assault allegations? I haven't anything from her, she's getting some support in the insta comments, and the edits are so far favorable. The silence is making me uncomfortable.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to say that Sibling Rivalry is the best Drag Race-related content not related to WOW Presents. Watch their videos, listen to their podcast. I love Bob and Monet talking and fighting with each other.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
You folks are all watching DR Thailand season 2 right? Because if you're not, you SHOULD!

There's been so many twists and turns this season, at times it felt like too much but it never really seemed forced unlike, say All Stars. The cast has been great (so was S1). It feels like it's hitting its stride this season and really becoming its own thing. p'Art and Pangina bring a very different energy to the show and it feels like they have a better relationship with the girls than Ru & judges imo. It's a really FUN show.

I also really like how they show the cast in the opening credits, this is something I'd like to see the original show do too.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching Jaymes Mansfield's youtube lately and I actually find her pretty enjoyable.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
This is the deadest I've seen this thread the day of an episode, I'm hype to see what happens.

I also haven't watched previews but still

Zaeia

Jan 3, 2018
Just wanted to say that Sibling Rivalry is the best Drag Race-related content not related to WOW Presents. Watch their videos, listen to their podcast. I love Bob and Monet talking and fighting with each other.

Yes!! They always have me gasping for breath. They are so entertaining. And with their different views, you get both ends of the spectrum on stuff.

Watched the preview. Now I'm really interested to see how the rest of the episode goes. Ra'jah was instantly de-vilainized.