• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
I think the audience peak (on TV) was around S09/AS2, but considering Netflix recently bought the streaming rights, the Internet-following, DRT and RPDRUK... the show isn't going anywhere.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I think the audience peak (on TV) was around S09/AS2, but considering Netflix recently bought the streaming rights, the Internet-following, DRT and RPDRUK... the show isn't going anywhere.

Yeah, it looks like it's been peaking since AS3 and has been performing pretty consistently. Anything before that is the Logo years and won't have very good ratings, iirc.

We've got at least a few years of good eatin'.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Vanjie is bringing it this season. I wouldn't be mad at all if she won the whole thing, and it would make for one hell of a rudemption storyline.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My feed was cutting out during the lip sync, but I enjoyed what I was able to see from it. It's amazing just how great the Britney team was compared to Mariah, because the Mariah team was...hard to watch. If anything, this episode kind of reminded me of ShakesQueer.

Also Silky needs to cool it with the guest judges...but this is Silky and that's probably asking for too much.

Oct 27, 2017
That never before seen 6-way lip sync was absolutely earned.
Ra'jah's team's performance was dreadful, and Plastique's performance in particular was one of the cringiest things to come out of this show; right up there with her momma's Katy Perry snatch game. lol
Like, the drop in quality from her Black Panther performance was palpable.
Great runway this week though. My favs were Yvie's awesome looking jelly fish fringe costume (that was dope), Shuga's beautiful Native American inspired lewk, A'keria's golden goddess chandelier fringe, and Brooklyn's gorgeous flowery Coachella fringe realness. I also thought that Plastique's silvery glittery fringe and Scarlett's all white look were beautiful as well.

Honestly, after this weeks runway and untucked I'm really starting to come around on Yvie. Like, I was kind put off of her because of her annoying "UwU, look at our new edgy weirdo BIG BRAINED queen, she's not like the other gurls! Am I right, CISters?" fans :/

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
I actually liked Pastique's weird voice. I though it was funny.

The episode overall was pretty good. Like actually pretty decent. The 6-way lip sync wasn't as dramatic because of the shenanigans they pull on Drag Race Thailand, but I thought Ra'jah should have gone. She was the team lead after all.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
As a devoted lamb since the release of Charmbracelet (I'm young), that was quite possibly the hardest thing I've ever had to watch. I will pray before I take myself to bed that Mariah does not see any part of this episode.

Yvie still sucks. Everything she does/says feels like a producer-suggested moment. She's like The Vixen but less extreme and more...ingenuine.

Last edited:

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that Mariah skit was so hard to watch. The Britney girls killed it though. I feel like Vanjie should have won. She was much better than Nina imo.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Damn that Mariah skit was so hard to watch. The Britney girls killed it though. I feel like Vanjie should have won. She was much better than Nina imo.
I love Nina and am glad she got a win after doing poorly the past two weeks but I 100% agree and was shocked Vanjie didn't get the prize. She was electric.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I love Nina and am glad she got a win after doing poorly the past two weeks but I 100% agree and was shocked Vanjie didn't get the prize. She was electric.
Oh yeah, I am really happy to see her finally doing well. I should have made myself clearer over that! It just seemed strange for her to win over Vanjie. But I hope this does give Nina more confidence to continue to do well.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Vanjie is bringing it this season. I wouldn't be mad at all if she won the whole thing, and it would make for one hell of a rudemption storyline.

Bringing Vanjie back was a great decision. Bitch is talented.

More so than Cucu and Eureka, as they both had to leave the show for medical reasons.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
The Mariah team was cringe galore, and just doesn't make any sense. Mariah Carey isn't exactly a Letoya Jackson, at least one person in a group of drag queens should know some 'references' besides butterflies and honey!; how did they completely miss the over the top diva-ness, the "I don't know her" and the NYE lipsync fiasco?!

Good on Akeria for calling out Plastique's bullshit excuses. You've been living the US for 10 years and is an actual drag queen and your excuse is that you're "unaware" of pop culture? girl GTFO.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
That lipsync was appropriately messy. Someone exposed their hairnet, another was crawling around under the stage, awkwardly followed by the camera. It was like a MADTV parody of Drag Race. Made me chuckle though.

Vanje was pretty amazing.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh wow, that was an EPISODE.
i knew ru was gonna pull off some stunt when all the girls kept dodging the question.
plastique's excuse had me dead, bitch you can't do that. you're a drag queen, it's part of your job.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017

Oh yeah, I am really happy to see her finally doing well. I should have made myself clearer over that! It just seemed strange for her to win over Vanjie. But I hope this does give Nina more confidence to continue to do well.

Nina was team captain and Vanjie runway look was underwhelming. Pretty sure this is what's pushed Ru to choose Nina as the winner.

Mercedes was totally saved by her team and Yvie looks was so fun. Also loved the Thorgy-esque hair on Nina. And Silky, girl. Please stop.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017

It was bound to happen

Bless the inevitability of queer internet.

Last night was so great. Glad I saw it at a bar. I still cannot believe they knew so little about Mariah! Also how hasn't Vanjie won a challenge yet? She nails challenges and has brought good runway looks.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
I just need someone to explain how those girls all settled on Mariah despite everyone voicing how little they knew about her.

And then Ru basically told them to switch. Yet... they didn't.

Like, holy fucking lol how stupid???

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I just need someone to explain how those girls all settled on Mariah despite everyone voicing how little they knew about her.

Gaga was the easiest choice, I don't know what they were thinking.

You mean Shea, Mayhem and Vanjie released a silent film with a cameo from Iggy Azalea.

Never thought I'd witness someone murder Iggy Azalea in cold blood right in front of me.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017

I feel like this has to be the reason why they were all in the bottom and all had to lipsync. He was like "I told y'all" and they just completely disregarded it and failed miserably.

It was bound to happen

Lmao this is legitimately great

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

It's really weird.
Makes me wonder if they were given a list of options they could pick from and they didn't like the others as much.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Honey being eliminated felt really off. Like she was forgettable at best, but was hardly the worst of the group, seeing her unravel as the 5 other queens got told they were safe was heartbreaking, and he breaking down as she got off the stage in Untucked was awful to watch.

That was a really shitty way for her to be taken out, I hope they give her a chance to come back and replace someone genuinely awful like Scarlet or R'aja

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
watching untucked now. holy shit @ silky!
that reveal while screaming was everything.
also i'm shipping brooke and vanjie so hard.
happy that nina won, i wanted vanjie to win but she's already super confident and is crushing it, nina was shrinking and this win is gonna help her.

I mean the whole Mariah team is going home eventually.
yeah no they're keeping scarlet all the way to the end

Last edited:

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
oh jeez even troye fucking sivan makes an untucked appearance? i hate this. it should be a once or twice a season thing, not every week a judge coming to completely ruin the vibe and pace of the untucked. like oh yeah we're crying over who's gonna go home or we're in the middle of some drama, ok girls now pretend to be excited for this random judge.

Not sure yet, but definitely Brooke and Vanjie. Maybe Nina too if she keeps growing throughout the competition.
i agree with brooke and vanjie. not sure about nina, i think she'll do well, but not go all the way. i'm feeling yvie has a chance, she's doing decently in challenges, her runways are interesting, and she's causing a lot of drama in the workroom/untucked which i can see producers liking.

That was a really shitty way for her to be taken out, I hope they give her a chance to come back and replace someone genuinely awful like Scarlet or R'aja
yeah i agree. i really hated the way it was done, they didn't even give her a chance to show of her lip sync in a 1 on 1 battle. even if she was going to go home in the end, ru really picked a super shitty way to do it. to be standing there out of 6 girls who get told one by one they're safe was really sad to watch.

Last edited:

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
For the lip sync, they should have had them all lip sync, but have RuPaul shantay girls as the song went on until there were only 2 queens remaining. They could have played the whole song.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
oh jeez even troye fucking sivan makes an untucked appearance? i hate this. it should be a once or twice a season thing, not every week a judge coming to completely ruin the vibe and pace of the untucked. like oh yeah we're crying over who's gonna go home or we're in the middle of some drama, ok girls now pretend to be excited for this random judge.

Eh, They were pretty clearly enjoying ogling that oddly beautiful boy; let them have some fun. It's not great entertainment for the viewer, but neither is Silky's almost pre-planned-feeling "let me have my moment!"-moments that don't really gel with whatever is currently going on in the room. So it's a bit of a toss up. Fawning and banal questions, or "sound and fury signifying nothing"?

I kinda liked Yvies and Lynes dynamic over the smoke-break. They seem to have a similar, pretty genuine vibe about them. Also enjoyed Nina West's pretty spot-on Vanjie impersonation/speech-mirroring. Was nice to see that she did very well in this episode.

I feel like a lot of the big "theatre/broadyway/theatre-kid-type" drag names that are talked up in Drag Race often end up falling short of the expectations that are (perhaps unfairly) built up to viewers like me, who have no idea who they are prior to the show.

Robbie Turner is probably the clearest example, whose reputation was frequently communicated to viewers in kind of hushed, reverent tones, but that didn't really bear out during his time on the show.

Last edited:

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen Ru pull such a look of disgust as she did whilst watching Honey on the floor during that lip sinc.

I would say Yvie is definitely gonna be there in the final. Ru loves it when a queen has runway looks that are bonkers.

Also, Vanjie saying "I wanna thank Vanjie" 🤣🤣

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry two more things I forgot to mention,

Scarlet's runway look was like a diet Trinity the Tuck.

And Plastique looks so damn beautiful in drag that she makes me think I don't know what my homosexuality is anymore.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The judges going backstage thing is also because the show is massive right now, a lot of them are genuine fans of the show and just want to have some fun meeting the queens.

I think it's alright, but this week it did stand out because you had both guest judges there and it was in the middle of a tense situation where 6 queens were flat out told to prepare for the lip sync.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was there a "I don't know her" joke/reference at all in the Mariah team performance?

If there was it must've not made much of an impact because I can't remember.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I loved that episode, aside from the elimination feeling a bit arbitrary.These sorts of skits are usually so hit or miss, it's a miracle we got a classic-in-a-good-way and a classic-in-a-bad-way in the same episode.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That was an amazing episode, 10x better than the last.

I genuinely found Plastique hilarious in this episode.

6 way lip sync surprised me, and it didn't feel gimmicky or forced, that team really fucked up I don't understand what they were thinking. They knew nothing about Mariah, the quality difference of the Britney team was astonishing.

I've said it before but I'll say It again Crown Vanessa.

Im glad Nina got a win, I really like her so far and hoped she would get out of her head.
Hes also really cute.

Last edited:

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
I also thought the relative "harshness" of Ru felt very refreshing, and made me think of Dragula; a show that isn't particularly afraid of mincing words when contestants are slacking.

I know that Ru's whole brand is, for the most part, kinda antithetical to "real-talk-cut-throat" competition. It's a little difficult to have a happening like Dragcon - that's all about meeting people on their terms, and treat people without judgement - and on the other hand, communicating to contestants that what they are doing is subpar (if not actively lazy).

There's been a little bit of this in this season, and in the recent All-Stars run. Throwing off your wig during a performance will probably no longer be tolerated (or will at least dock you a lot of points), and being complacent with a leotard and high-thigh boots for the main stage will similarly not earn contestants many favors.

Parenthetically, whenever a contestant - in their voice-over for the floor-show - mostly talks about their boots and their nails I know they're in trouble.

It feels refreshing, and fair, in the sense that - at this point - contestants are aware of the reputation of the show they are participating in, and the escalation of expectations in terms of aesthetics that naturally happen as more and more seasons premiere.

It's also not necessarily "a money thing" (though that is undeniable a reality for a lot of young queens, and in particular black queens, and a really interesting wrinkle of Drag Race that rarely gets talked about). I don't think someone like Yvie, for example, is sitting on a lot of money that fuels her drag, but in this episode she pulled off a really interesting look with body paint, some (crepe?) paper, and a simple umbrella.

Money is undeniably an advantage in drag; If you don't have conceptual ideas, or the craftsmanship to execute those ideas, you can literally buy your way to cool design and impeccable execution.

But there is still a lot of room for crafty queens "on a slim budget" to create something very interesting, and that's always so fun to see (while still being very aware that "not having money" often means you have to push yourself so much more).

Last edited:

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I really liked the episode, so far I am liking the season a lot, this is more fun than all-stars to be honest, I prefer new queens.

Some thoughts,

.- as long as there is acting involved, Nina will make it through with no lip-synching. If there is no acting, I think she'll invariably land on the bottom 3 or 4, poor runway showings so far, even though this week was somewhat better but as ongina said.... those shoes girl....
.- Oddly is really playing the game well, she's a top 5 queen at this stage in the competition. surprising stunning unique looks, drama and tea, honesty, talent for acting. you need precisely that in this competition.
.- I think Envy and Plastique can do much better in general but the team just plain sucked so they were ok I guess.
.- Silky in the untucked?? I AM ON TV! I AM ON TV!!
.- Vanjie is on, nailing all the challenges and I like the pairing with brook, both are hot as men so yeah I approve.
.- 6 queens lip-syching hell yeah. Like someone else pointed out Ru has never been so disgusted like with Honey crawling on the damn floor, that sent her straight home, no doubt.
.- I would have sent Ra'ja home, what a boring, obnoxious queen, yes even if lip-synching against Mercedes, at least she gave us a meme.
.- speaking of which, Mercedes looks so damn pretty, nothing like her man version, impressive transformation. I wouldn't mind having her a couple more weeks in the show.

Hes also really cute

you mean Nina in boy form? ^_^ I agree.