• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I had a very weird moment when I was watching a season 8 episode earlier and they mentioned opulence.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I guess Silky won this challenge because of her Oprah and the challenge 'trumped' the runway, but overall I thought Yvie did better - good job in the challenge and a great runway. Silky did look great on the runway, but Yvie surprised and delighted. I love her energy and outlook. Ariel's looks continues to bore me, but not as much as Plastique.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get the love for Mercedes, yes she's a meme but otherwise her looks peaked during her entrance, she couldn't do a damn thing in ANY challenge, and I'm not a fan of the religious talk but I won't drag her for that. Then again, a meme is all it took for Vanjie to return so... Also how the fuck did she say she knows nothing about the trump family, what kind of bubble she living in lmao

Also yas Shuga is so underrated. One of my faves. I can't tell if she's getting the underdog edit or just a filler queen edit.

Also can we talk about how Plastique had the "i only discovered pop culture like 3 years ago despite moving to the US at the age of 11" excuse but EVERY single guest judge she gets the confessional "OMFG it's so and so!!!"

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I was thinking about how Ariel, Nina and Mercedes were kind of "showcased" this past with the drama and the tears and I gotta say that was very well done, all 3 looked very believable. It made me like them more and want to give them a hug.

I hope other queens get this kind of attention so we can get to know them more.

I don't get the love for Mercedes

you should watch the newest Watcha Packing with Michelle Visage, Mercedes has been through a lot, she may not be the flashiest queen out there but damn she's a strong human being.

the fact alone that she comes out as muslim on the show puts her at a huge risk, those guys could kill her. she's lucky no radical muslims will ever see RuPaul's drag race.

I will agree though, she peaked on the entrance, she looked great there.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
you should watch the newest Watcha Packing with Michelle Visage, Mercedes has been through a lot, she may not be the flashiest queen out there but damn she's a strong human being.

the fact alone that she comes out as muslim on the show puts her at a huge risk, those guys could kill her. she's lucky no radical muslims will ever see RuPaul's drag race.

I will agree though, she peaked on the entrance, she looked great there.
I saw that there was a spoiler warning or something on there, so I haven't watched it.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
wait, I thought she said she didn't know anything about Ivanka (Mannerisms, style, attitude, etc) not that she didn't know who the Trump family is.

I guess I would have to rewatch but I could've sworn in a confessional she said she didn't know anything about the trump family. I was gagged in a bad way

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I would have to rewatch but I could've sworn in a confessional she said she didn't know anything about the trump family. I was gagged in a bad way

Yeah, she said both.

Agree with the critique of Plastique conveniently playing the immigrant card too to excuse not knowing Mariah.

I'm sorry, but knowing references are PART OF THE JOB.

In any case, Yvie was totally robbed this week. I, too, was appalled at how that literacy mini challenge played out.

Personal preference, but I hated Shuga Cain's runway look, so I'm surprised to see it beloved here!

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Finished watching season 8 earlier, very good season overall, lots of great, memorable characters.

Probably because I've just come off watching her in All Stars, I really liked Naomi Smalls throughout, and thought she was even good enough to win.

Kim Chi obviously has the best make up I think I've ever seen on a drag queen.

Bob was.. fine, he's obviously very funny and charasmatic, but I'm not sure he's good enough to be a winner.

I really, really want to see Acid Betty again in a future All Stars, heck maybe even Derrick Barry as well.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Season 8 was a fun Season. I rewatched it recently and Bob is the clear winner for me. She only has a minor slip towards the end, but she stood out from the start, even though her fashion wasn't that strong (read: even though she didn't have loads of designer pieces like girls nowadays do).

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Kim Chi is a Danganronpa stan so she's my fave. Her placement is truly astounding given her inability to do most other things at all, if I'm remembering correctly (couldn't dance, couldn't act).

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Kim Chi is a Danganronpa stan so she's my fave. Her placement is truly astounding given her inability to do most other things at all, if I'm remembering correctly (couldn't dance, couldn't act).
I just saw her at a show on Friday, can confirm dancing and acting were not a part of the show. Lipsync(yodelling) in a cardcaptor sakura outfit was though.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which is why I'd be worried for her if she ever did All Stars just because (based off the last All Stars seasons) a good number of the challenges involve acting.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Season 8 was the last great season tbh, 9 was okay but 10 was just bad. 11 seems fine so far but who knows.

As for S8, out of the top 3 Bob definitely deserved the win, Naomi was lackluster and didn't have lots of memorable moments, Kim served looks but she couldn't lipsync, walk, dance or have an outstanding personality.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

The same people who leaked the "romance" before the season was announced said that it only lasted a couple of episodes and that Vanjie is now dating someone else. They're clearly doing that to get attention from the fanbase, which is working pretty great for them.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the whole romance just feels like a stunt to get the camera time. A "we hooked up a couple times in 2012 and stayed on good terms let's utilize this to get screen time" scheme.

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I'm not the only one, because over at Reddit... They're all Yvie stans.
lol it's honestly kind of crazy.
Like, there is basically a fuckin' sea of Yvie flairs in the subreddit ready and willing to downvote you into oblivion if you say one unfavorable thing about their precious big brained intersectional queerdo "not like the other gurls" queen UwU

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Like, there is basically a fuckin' sea of Yvie flairs in the subreddit ready and willing to downvote you into oblivion if you say one unfavorable thing about their precious big brained intersectional queerdo "not like the other gurls" queen UwU

There's nothing original about Yvie, including her Sharon Needles edit.

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017
I've been moving so I had no cable access for a while... so I'm here to chime in real late on Mercedes' last two eps. Tbh the first time she said she didn't want to discuss religion I assumed it was because she didn't want to get hate or worse from her own community ☹️ I was so surprised when it seemed to be just her fear of being judged. I'm actually really nervous for her making an announcement like that—I'm glad she did, but... well... the community at large is awfully conservative, you don't have to be a radical violent asshole to not be supportive of a Muslim drag queen. I just want her to be loved and happy and I hope she can hold onto that peace she had being open about who she is. That said... it was her time to go, so no objections there.

I like Yvie's drag, and I didn't think she was wrong the first time when she took up for Silky just because I do think you should say shit to people's faces... but she does put herself in the center of other people's drama every time.

A'keria is really growing on me, I'm liking her runway looks. Would be liking Silky if not for those allegations that match up with her tendency to be extremely extra and handsy with judges... 😑

I'll be honest, I keep forgetting Shuga Cain exists. 💀 Scarlet has had some good looks but there is something about her that just puts me off personality wise. Loving Nina and hoping she keeps doing better than week one's runway, tho I don't see her as top material. I just like her personality.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
.... reaching for the mute button?

She's all talk and no action. "You better believe I'm going to.... I am NOT the one you mess with... blah, blah, blah" - Bring it to the runway. She looks like a young Diana Ross, I'll give her that.
"She messed with the absolute WRONG bitch. The bitch in the room you don't mess with and don't fuck with is ME. Not only does she attack me, but she attacks my MAKEUP. Have you ever seen somebody paint with their feet? A girl that looks like you, smells like you, acts like you. No ma'am. It's an ugly girl like you crawling out of the swamp to come for me? MM!"

"I'm not gagging... I mean I am gagging from -sniff- the smell."

And of course, the soon to be iconic "Booty hole! [laughs]"

Some people really need to watch Dragula.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be honest, I keep forgetting Shuga Cain exists. 💀 Scarlet has had some good looks but there is something about her that just puts me off personality wise. Loving Nina and hoping she keeps doing better than week one's runway, tho I don't see her as top material. I just like her personality.
Shuga is becoming a favourite of mine, but I do agree on Scarlett. Nina in my opinion is 0/4 runway wise, which is a shame as she is very likeable but the runway is a big part of the show and her looks hasn't just been boring (i.e. Latrice), they are terrible and do not translate well on the runway at all.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
They're all basic compared to even the weakest Dragula competitor. Send them all home.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
How are they going to critique Ariel and Silky for not serving monster while giving Brooke Lynn the win? Scarlet didn't even place High?

The judging was a choice this episode.

Oct 27, 2017
I love how every hand in that room full of sissy homos went up when Ru asked who played with dolls when they were little. Might as well be asking if the sky is blue. lol

Man, Silky being safe was some bullshit though. She should've been lip syncing.
Anyways, the ball was fun!
Brooke's mummy outfit/costume was simple yet elegant; she looked so graceful walking on her tippy toes. Her last lewk wasn't exactly "monster" but she brought us that Morticia fantasy and I was living for it.
Plastique's playboy bunny costume was HOT as fuck; everything from the padding to the makeup was on point! That bitch is the definition of fish! Her death goddess was great too. Honestly I didn't really agree with the judges critiques of her.
Ra'jah's Wizard of Oz inspired witch was actually really fun and glamorous btw.

I really like Ariel's cute drag and "nyaasss" is funny, but I can't say I feel too beat up about her elimination. Felt like it was her time.

Btw, why did we only get, like, 30 secs of Elvira talking to the queens?? I fuckin' love Elvira, I wanted more...T.T

Last edited:

rude

Oct 25, 2017
My thots:

1. Ariel needs to take those acuvue oasys contacts out.​
2. Kiss between Nina and Silky was absolutely disgusting.​
3. Miss Vanjie and Brooke Lynn are an uninteresting couple.​
4. Why haven't they clocked Plastique wearing corsets in damn near every look with the same types of makeup?​
5. Why haven't they clocked Vanjie wearing that body suit kind of thing in damn near every look?​
6. Nina's looks are always basic.​
7. Brooke's looks were bad aside from the suicide squad one. Mummy was trash, but they liked her being en pointe. Last one was shit but Elvira liked it.​
8. I don't like Scarlet but she should've won because she's the only one who did something consistently interesting and different for every single category.​
9. Yvie is still insufferable and needs to go home.​
10. Silky is still insufferable and needs to go home.​

This season is really bad y'all.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I don't understand why Silky wasn't in the bottom compared to Shuga.

My thots:

2. Kiss between Nina and Silky was absolutely disgusting.​
3. Miss Vanjie and Brooke Lynn are an uninteresting couple.​
4. Why haven't they clocked Plastique wearing corsets in damn near every look with the same types of makeup?​
5. Why haven't they clocked Vanjie wearing that body suit kind of thing in damn near every look?​
6. Nina's looks are always basic.​
7. Brooke's looks were bad aside from the suicide squad one. Mummy was trash, but they liked her being en pointe. Last one was shit but Elvira liked it.​

This season is really bad y'all.
Right? How was Nina safe? How has Vanjie not been just torn apart for coming out in literally the same outfit, sometimes different colour, with extra shit, every week. Plastique at least did something different with the bunny outfit, but I agree.

Brooke was alright, I think the mummy was a solid take on slutty halloween costume, and considering the rest... yeah. But that last look she literally ran through some fabric and stuck a snake on it.

The kiss/coupling is getting old already, especially because we know Brooke and Vanjie are playing it up for the camera/social media, and the Nina/Silky one was disgusting and not for the reason Nina got shitty about online, it's because one of them in the same breath admitted to being in a relationship, and also is just a garbage person.

I like some of the Queens, and I gotta root for Canada, but next week better be better.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I can't root for Yvie and Brooke is incredibly bland. The rest of the cast is very forgettable, which is why I'm #TeamPlastique.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
No one is going to call Shuga out for having these body suits that don't match her skin at all and she doesn't use any makeup or anything to make it match? Why the blue body suit but no blue face makeup? And the MILF look was like shiny orange? I really like her and wanna root for her, but girl...

I'm so over Silky. There is no reason she should have been safe over Shuga (even though I talked shit about her above). I'm totally okay with Ariel being the one going home though. Can't wait for Scarlet to go home too. She is insufferable.

I was really excited for this episode, but my god. Almost all of the looks were so boring. I guess that Brooke's were well executed so that's probably why she ended up winning. Idc what people say though, I love Plastique (though I agree about the bodysuit critiques). She looked amazing and I like that she proved that she can do dark looks. She put up some pics on instagram that were really great too.

Yvie is amazing but I was soooo disappointed in her MILF look.