• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
This may be the absolute worst season when it comes to judging decisions honestly. They were both bad in the lipsync but Silky was just unquestionably worse. Double sashay would make sense but I just can't comprehend letting Silky stay over Nina.

Rigga Morris

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
Silky is so fucking annoying, the work room argument is her in a nutshell, can't take a single fucking criticism.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
Spill that T mawma. My AS4 winner (beside Manila OFC).

Vanjie deserved that win. If she makes top 4 with no wins that'll be a record I believe. If she had won she also would've set a record for longest run until the first win (Cracker had hers at episode 10).

Didn't Jujubee make it to the top twice (S2/AS1) without ever winning a challenge?

Legend.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, I just watched last week's episode and that was some bullshit. There was NO way Shuga should've been in the bottom, the other team was a wreck and she was better than all of them.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
There's this weird dissonance in how the judges talk about Silky and how the editing is presenting her, especially with how they always cut to her making stank faces and such. I know they don't have access to the workroom while it's all being filmed, but I don't remember it ever feeling this disconnected in the final product.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
My SO and I were watching this last night and I seriously felt bad for some of the girls sitting there getting made up with mittens on while the stupid pot stirring was going on. It's like being stuck at the DMV. Even Soju didn't deserve that horrible makeup. I still love Shuga and Nina, and think that pride costumes are perfectly fine for the runway, if you're going to give a pass to some of the "jrpg female character design" quality outfits that others had on.

We're kinda both looking forward to and dreading the finale taping on Monday now. Cause with Vanjie not getting the win yesterday, I doubt she's going to make it to the final 4. Which means we're stuck with Silky shenanigans for hours. Maybe she'll pull an Asia-level mishap on stage or something. :P

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
There's this weird dissonance in how the judges talk about Silky and how the editing is presenting her, especially with how they always cut to her making stank faces and such. I know they don't have access to the workroom while it's all being filmed, but I don't remember it ever feeling this disconnected in the final product.
They probably recut the later episodes after the fan response to her edit was really poor.

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This season is absolute trash. Vanjie was robbed and this fuckery to keep Silky there is vile. Honestly, the show needs to take a year or two off, it's a mess.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Bitch I forgot Honey Davenport existed and was like, holy fuck Raja looks completely different with a beard
Should have brought her back instead of Honey tbh

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be the UK version almost immediately after this. They're going to beat us all into submission with a perpetual loop of different versions of the show until we finally crown Ru as the One True Creator.
I do think the UK version has potential to be better than the last couple regular seasons here. S11's queens are just bottom of the barrel and it's not fun to watch.

tucah

Oct 25, 2017
There is no way anyone but Silky should have gone home this week, what an all around awful showing .

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Fucking hate this season at this point.
Silky is a fucking joke, the fact she is still here is a tragedy.
Vanjie is awful and shouldn't have gotten this far, at least she knows how to be a decent person.
A'keria is an annoying fence sitter who sees herself as above everything yet always manages to take Silky's side.

Yvie and Brooke are the only 2 decent ones, fuck the rest.

It's a fucking JOKE that one or both of Vanjie or Silky have made it to the final, a fucking joke.

Never been this angry with the show before.

Dec 4, 2017
London
Fucking hate this season at this point.
Silky is a fucking joke, the fact she is still here is a tragedy.
Vanjie is awful and shouldn't have gotten this far, at least she knows how to be a decent person.
A'keria is an annoying fence sitter who sees herself as above everything yet always manages to take Silky's side.

Yvie and Brooke are the only 2 decent ones, fuck the rest.

It's a fucking JOKE that one or both of Vanjie or Silky have made it to the final, a fucking joke.

Never been this angry with the show before.

Vanje stepped it up this week to be fair, though.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
She absolutely did which is good but it's too little too late I think

Yeah I genuinely like Vanjie, which is more than I can say for most of the top 4. Not that anyone is perfect, but at least she is showing some self-reflection and growth, and has a fun personality. Brooke is boring and untrustworthy, A'keria keeps pitting people at each other and trying to rise above it all, Silky is problematic, and Yvie is too easily baited into arguing.

Also I'm tired of Brooklyn queens winning seasons at this point, Ru. :P

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, A'keria has really fallen from my favour with the way she reminds me so goddamn much of my fucking aunt. Constantly skulking around listening to everyone and then purposely instigating shit because she lives for drama. And then she'll be the first person to make a facebook post like "why can't we all just love each other #livelaughlove #nomoredrama" and think she's cute

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
She absolutely did which is good but it's too little too late I think

She had a pretty good start to the season as well.

At this point I just like having her around because I enjoy her personality. Brooke is kind of mopping up the season, so I'm not too upset about some queens going home "unfairly". Ru saved the chosen one during the last finale, so I'm not worried about her flubbing the LSFTC.

Edit: Someone on Reddit pointed out that this is the first season since Season 4 that the entire cast has lipsync'd at some point, neat!

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Well, at least one of those two will be top 4, if not both. Be prepared.
Just quietly, I kinda hope Silky makes top 4 now, just so Ru can see just how much people genuinely dislike her. Nobody likes her enough to Stan for her in public, guaranteed.

I was living for some of the tweets I was seeing last night about the whole thing, people are *pissed*.

And the reason for Nina being in the bottom as well was crap too. They didn't look like sisters who couldn't have been in a pride parade? At least they weren't wearing fucking Sharpie on their face. That shit should be instant disqualification, especially coming from someone who outright skipped doing makeup for an entire challenge.

THIS IS NOT MAKEUP:
H-286BL.jpg

Last edited:

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
some thoughts

.- the show is WAY more entertaining with more queens around, very good timing to bring her back because I had a ton of fun just watching Soju struggle with heels and Honey with a beard (dood looke hooot)

.- Brooke is one hell of a strategic bitch, lol she made everything on her part to get rid of silky.

.- Vanjie should've won the challenge, Ariel looked amazing and in the way the challenge was asking for, it had to look like Vanjie and damn she did.

.- I like Scarlet, I like up-front, blunt types like Yvie and her, I'd get along with both of them very well.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nina's "Watcha Packing" interview with Michelle is really good. It sounds like Nina regrets not going for full pageant makeup at least once during her run (probably thinking of the makeover, where it would have been 100% appropriate) and it sounds like she'll be using that for the finale because she wants to show that she can still pull off that look.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
you guys should see the support Nina is getting in Social Media, she put a "thank you and good bye" kind of post on instagram and lots of queens from all seasons and corners are praising her. they are treating her like royalty and I live for it

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand what happened. This is the first time Ru uttered a "meh." We didn't hear even during double eliminations. And yet but were spared? Silky was a total mess. Awkwardly disco dancing to No Scrubs, a wig reveal with no buildup or impact, and everything about her look was disheveled.

I just don't get it.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of shocked that Yvie wasn't in the bottom 2, after almost half the girls said her name and her runway critiques were just as harsh as Nina's. Scarlet got sunk by the "who should go home" question, so I assumed that they weighted it fairly heavily.

I guess they want both Yvie and Silky to go all the way, since Yvie is a top-tier lipsyncer, and Silky brings a mix of both charisma and drama. Pitting then against each other would have jeopardized those plans.

Also, total riggery that Vanjie didn't win. That's the judging decision that bothers me the most tbh.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of shocked that Yvie wasn't in the bottom 2, after almost half the girls said her name and her runway critiques were just as harsh as Nina's. Scarlet got sunk by the "who should go home" question, so I assumed that they weighted it fairly heavily.

I guess they want both Yvie and Silky to go all the way, since Yvie is a top-tier lipsyncer, and Silky brings a mix of both charisma and drama. Pitting then against each other would have jeopardized those plans.

Also, total riggery that Vanjie didn't win. That's the judging decision that bothers me the most tbh.
Yvie was only in the bottom because with 6 people someone had to be 4th. There was a gigantic gap between her and Nina in performance this week.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Yvie was only in the bottom because with 6 people someone had to be 4th. There was a gigantic gap between her and Nina in performance this week.

I'm not sure I'd agree that it's a "gigantic" gap. Yvie had one of the best performances on the runway for sure. Her outfit was good, but the judges rightfully read her for giving Scarlet a same-but-worse version of what she was wearing (A'keria should have gotten this critique too imo).

On the other hand, Nina's runway was rougher, but the category was "Drag Family Values" and she's the only one that actually showed a value worth a damn. Even if her wig choices were off and her makeup was questionable, I'd argue that she had the best concept of the night. It's certainly more meaningful and interesting than just giving yourself and your partner two near-identical outfits, with the most discernible difference being that one is more shoddy than the other.

I could still see an argument for Yvie 4th and Nina 5th, but yeah, having 5/12 girls vote for one to go home and 0/12 girls vote for the other tipped the scales in Nina's favor for me.

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
The rigga morris is too real this season. Silky was fucking begging to do a LSFYL, and she can't even be bothered to learn the words when the time comes? Mawma, this is garbage. #JusticeForNina

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
you guys should see the support Nina is getting in Social Media, she put a "thank you and good bye" kind of post on instagram and lots of queens from all seasons and corners are praising her. they are treating her like royalty and I live for it
I'm glad, she deserves it.

What was the context of the goodbye? From the show or from social media?

Edit: omg the shade

Last edited:

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Starting to wonder now how much Ru's decisions are legit as "Best" or "worst" and how much are her as a producer just trying to make sure the show lasts. Two weeks in a row that are questionable.

Nina will probably be on All Stars. I mean she has to be because she is one. I'd see her at any event or drag brunch ten times over than someone like Silky who brings nothing but being loud, bad comedy and mediocre looks.

At least they weren't wearing fucking Sharpie on their face. That shit should be instant disqualification, especially coming from someone who outright skipped doing makeup for an entire challenge.

Fucking yes.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even think Shuga and Nina are outstanding, but the fact they're gone while Silky and Vanjie are still around does feel wrong. And I love Vanjie.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm still mad about the last two episodes.
I've lost steam completely for the final.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
Maybe it would be a good idea to let Silky win just so that we don't have to suffer her in the next all stars.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
At this point to me it looks like Brooklyn is a clear winner, but Akeria may also pull something out the bag.

Yvie I think has lost something these past few weeks, her spark I guess. Her drag is starting to bore me a little, and is verging far too closely towards being halloween costumey.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
This season is distinct in the fact it had one of the best lipsyncs and one of the worst as well. That lipsync was all cringe. I don't even know what Silky was doing through most of it. I kinda feel bad for the guest judges this episode to have to witness that. I thought it was a double sashay for sure. I love Nina tho and it stings that Silky is there over her. But this is Ru's world and we're just watching it.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
About to watch Jinkx Monsoon and BenDeLaCreme in Drag Becomes Her, excited!

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
This was the closest Vanjie would get to a win, but I guess they made up their minds about Brooke being the winner. I liked Nina through the season but it's obvious that her looks were grossly unpolished. She actually mentioned this at Roscoe's viewing party few weeks ago, that she realized early on that she brought the "wrong" wardrobe for the competition. I would guess she would do a lot better on AS. But damn that lipsync was one of the worst we've ever seen on the show.

Speaking of Roscoe's, the latest viewing party just proved to me (along with this episode) that Soju was a fucking mistake and totally unprepared to be on the show. Silky fucking sucks but at least brings something to the show for the producers to work with.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Well that was a double sashay if I ever saw one. But keeping one, by far Nina was better, and she is much better for the community. Silky is very very weak in this competition, and is kept there for the loudness and the drama, which is a real shame, and honestly I don't think it's what is going to keep the show afloat.

The quality of the work is what makes the show amazing, and these decisions purely made based on the drama are hurting it.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
There is absolutely no way Silky won that fucking lip sync. Her ass tripped and damn near fell taking that fucking belt scarf off!

Edit:

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Assuming lip-synchs matter, I believe the season's Top 3 is Brooke, Yvie and Vanjie, which I am fine with.

We've seen the all LSFTLs and Silky and Akeria both suck, Akeria a little less but still. Also not sure why those two are so bitter, Vanjie hangs out a lot with them but seems a lot more cool and genuine.

on another topic, Ariel released a single and it's... good?

I mean it is edited, mixed and tuned to hell and back but I think there's a marketable voice there and it sounds like an actual production with background voices and all. I prefered this to Plastique's.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot to mention how much I hated all that wig drama shit, Ariel could have easily just walked in there and said "can I have my wigs back please?" and that would be that, but I suppose they live for the screen time/drama.