• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I watched these last two episodes back to back and to say I'm pissed is an understatement.

Out of interest, have any of you ever met any of the queens from any season? If so, what were they like?
I actually know Bob personally and have hung out with him before he got on Drag Race. I have actually been to his apartment before in Harlem, and let me tell you, he respects and love drag 10000%. He is also a generally nice, witty person as he is on the show. The same thing you see on TV is the same Bob you will meet in real life.

Last edited:

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Winner: Should've been Vanjie
Bottom 2: Deserved. Silky for low effort, Nina for looking like a Logo season mini-challenge clown.
Elimination: Sould've been a double elim. and bring back one of the 6 who came back this episode (winning queen's make-over recipient?)

Half the 'meh' goes to the producers for using such a low-energy song.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least they will now be able to pad their roster for All Stars from all the (sometimes undeserved) boots in the last couple of weeks. Scarlet, Plastique, Shuga and Nina West will probably all get invited to future All Stars now. I mean if Farrah Moan got invited back then these four will be locks. At least they also seem to be more talented than Farrah too.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least they will now be able to pad their roster for All Stars from all the (sometimes undeserved) boots in the last couple of weeks. Scarlet, Plastique, Shuga and Nina West will probably all get invited to future All Stars now. I mean if Farrah Moan got invited back then these four will be locks. At least they also seem to be more talented than Farrah too.

I can see Yvie and Brooke returning in case they don't win.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

I mean... Someone's got to go home first...

But Shae will come back and dominate.

Sousourocket

Oct 26, 2017
I watched these last two episodes back to back and to say I'm pissed is an understatement.

I actually know Bob personally and have hung out with him before he got on Drag Race. I have actually been to his apartment before in Harlem, and let me tell you, he respects and love drag 10000%. He is also a generally nice, witty person as he is on the show. The same thing you see on TV is the same Bob you will meet in real life.

This is the vibe I get from his interviews and the way he acted with people on the show, he's for sure one of those "I feel like we would get along" type faves. It's really nice to hear that's the case!

As for this week... Vanjie should have won, Nina should have stayed. I'm so annoyed. :/ This is the first season in a while where it's like Allstars level "oh this is what we're doing???" I really hope Drag Race UK is a breath of fresh air.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
We've known the top 4 for months. If you think it's really awkward, only the people attending would be somewhat spoiled.

Yeah that's what I mean - for people that don't follow the leaks. Like for something of official capacity showing off the top 4 to your guests before its officially acknowledged is just weird.

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
I had no idea there was such hate for Silky. I was at the werq the world tour at Wembly UK over the weekend and Michelle asked the crowd who was team Brook Lynn, Team Vanjie etc. Everyone got cheers etc Silky who got the biggest boo (though this was Saturday so the events of this ep were pretty fresh in the minds of the 12000 people).

For those who think Silky has 'plot armour' tho - what is the plot exactly? Im not sure I agree but keen to understand the narrative you think is being engineered cos I dont see it

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I had no idea there was such hate for Silky. I was at the werq the world tour at Wembly UK over the weekend and Michelle asked the crowd who was team Brook Lynn, Team Vanjie etc. Everyone got cheers etc Silky who got the biggest boo (though this was Saturday so the events of this ep were pretty fresh in the minds of the 12000 people).

For those who think Silky has 'plot armour' tho - what is the plot exactly? Im not sure I agree but keen to understand the narrative you think is being engineered cos I dont see it
It's plot armour in the sense of drama-armor or amped-up armour. They basically keep her for the TV loudness, because they believe if she was gone the remaining people would all get along and we wouldn't have people shouting in the next episode, because these producers think that's what people want to see.

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's plot armour in the sense of drama-armor or amped-up armour. They basically keep her for the TV loudness, because they believe if she was gone the remaining people would all get along and we wouldn't have people shouting in the next episode, because these producers think that's what people want to see.
I mean to be honest a lot of people were complaining that season 9 was RuPaul's Best Friend Race, so I don't blame them when it's hard to figure out what the audience wants.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot to mention how much I hated all that wig drama shit, Ariel could have easily just walked in there and said "can I have my wigs back please?" and that would be that, but I suppose they live for the screen time/drama.
It's obvious they're hyping it up for the reunion. I suspect the reunion is gonna be 50% Silky vs. Yvie, and the rest is the Ra'jah drama (which is why they didn't bring her back) and Akeria & Plastique, and the wigs, and of course the Vanjie and Brooke relationship status.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
It's obvious they're hyping it up for the reunion. I suspect the reunion is gonna be 50% Silky vs. Yvie, and the rest is the Ra'jah drama (which is why they didn't bring her back) and Akeria & Plastique, and the wigs, and of course the Vanjie and Brooke relationship status.

Soju and Silky had a feud on Twitter and told each other "see you at the reunion" as well.

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
At the taping now, line took awhile to get in so this ain't starting right on time. Lots of glitz and glamour up in the Orpheum.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
All finale info will be spoiler tagged in this thread, right? Otherwise I'll bail out until friday.

In any case have fun, Nista!

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
I hate that Silky is in Top 4 :/

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the spoilers from last night's taping

that is a fitting final 2 and I am fine with either of them winning. A much better and more exciting top 2 than season 10

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Based on the spoilers from last night's taping

that is a fitting final 2 and I am fine with either of them winning. A much better and more exciting top 2 than season 10
Would Nina have slotted in there, do you think? I'm guessing she probably should've made top 4, probably even 3 but couldn't see her being in the top 2 IMO.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would Nina have slotted in there, do you think? I'm guessing she probably should've made top 4, probably even 3 but couldn't see her being in the top 2 IMO.
LSFTC kinda kills the chances of someone like Nina making T2 now, I think.

They need to re-evaluate this format. Maybe I should expand my player/judge agency post from earlier and post it on reddit or something.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
LSFTC kinda kills the chances of someone like Nina making T2 now, I think.

They need to re-evaluate this format. Maybe I should expand my player/judge agency post from earlier and post it on reddit or something.
LSFTC works well because it ensures that a queen can't get away with being one note.

Nina was great, and I'm sure her finale outfit will be amazing... She did camp and did it well... but that's really it.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LSFTC works well because it ensures that a queen can't get away with being one note.

Nina was great, and I'm sure her finale outfit will be amazing... She did camp and did it well... but that's really it.
Would you really want Bianca losing S6 because of a LSFYL loss to Adore Delano? It'd be like losing a crown because of a jury vote.

I think the fundamental motivations of this and the All-Stars format is that Ru wants to avoid getting backlash from for her decisions and is trying to "outsource" them to a performance/competition.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Would you really want Bianca losing S6 because of a LSFYL loss to Adore Delano? It'd be like losing a crown because of a jury vote.

I think the fundamental motivations of this and the All-Stars format is that Ru wants to avoid getting backlash from for her decisions and is trying to "outsource" them to a performance/competition.

While Season 9 was an otherwise great season with a room full of talent, it lacked in both interpersonal drama and memorable (in a good way) lip syncs. I think the first lip sync tournament was probably done as a result of that and then it just stuck because of its popularity.

OP
OP
Shizuka

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was funny that in the IMHO review, they mentioned that out of all local drag queens, Soju and Silky are the ones representing Chicago this season. Chicago was done dirty this time.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
That last elimination was bogus, right? Nina wasn't great but at least she sort of had the rhythm of the song. Silkie was an absolute mess. Staggering around the stage, falling apart.

Sometimes the overproduced and scripted nature of this show is just blatant. Silkie's time came, and yet she's still here, because reality TV.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That last elimination was bogus, right? Nina wasn't great but at least she sort of had the rhythm of the song. Silkie was an absolute mess. Staggering around the stage, falling apart.

Sometimes the overproduced and scripted nature of this show is just blatant. Silkie's time came, and yet she's still here, because reality TV.
I felt that she also looked like she didn't know the words all that much too. Still have no idea what anyone sees in silkie.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, she looked lost.

I guess the moral of Silkie's story is that the key to success is being loud, sloppy, and shameless.
Nina did look lost, but she didn't trip over her own costume, flub a wig reveal or just act like she didn't give a shit.

It was the first Untucked I missed because I was so infuriated with the result, and now I just couldn't give a shit about spoilers or whatever. Seriously soured me on this season (if not the entire show).

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Can somebody kindly put in a spoiler tag what happened at the finale as I can't be bothered to Google it.

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm done with this season, it's the worst I can remember and the way it's been fixed is so blatant it's unreal. Just crown Brooklyn now and be done with it. Maybe the show has just run its course, imagine someone like Monet in this season, would be ridiculous how much she would crush the rest of them.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, what an obvious storyline set-up for a Vanjie win! Just like last week when she won and Silky went home.

Convince yourself.