• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Always surprised at how quick filming wraps up, and how long the show takes to actually come on after filming is finished. Do you guys think that time is spent on editing, creating the different storylines?

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I always think about those few times they went outside to film - in the middle of Summer in California, in drag?! That must be hell!

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Always surprised at how quick filming wraps up, and how long the show takes to actually come on after filming is finished. Do you guys think that time is spent on editing, creating the different storylines?
they're really filming a LOT, with many cameras. the workroom stuff is hours every day they film, and the critics and deliberations, and untucked, they're all much longer than it is shown. i imagine it takes a very long time to make a coherent, interesting 1 hour episode out of tens of hours of footage.

edit: just watched pearl on hey qween. in that interview and on look at huh she said some stuff about ru that really makes him sound like an asshole.

edit 2: so after the interview was up on youtube, apparently a producer has called pearl telling he she'll never be on all stars.

Last edited:

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
To keep this thread healthy, and especially now that we've got the Entertainment tab, I just wanted to point out that Violet + Katya doing Fashion Photo Ruview is the off-season content I needed for my drag queen fix. A lot of chemistry and unapologetic shade. I'm posting the Sarah Paulson one, since it's the first, but they've got a second where they throw extreme shade at Taylor Swift.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
To keep this thread healthy, and especially now that we've got the Entertainment tab, I just wanted to point out that Violet + Katya doing Fashion Photo Ruview is the off-season content I needed for my drag queen fix. A lot of chemistry and unapologetic shade. I'm posting the Sarah Paulson one, since it's the first, but they've got a second where they throw extreme shade at Taylor Swift.

The Taylor Swift one has me deceased omg. Violet was like "What is she trying to spell" and Katyas response..

new-york-laughing-gif-9.gif

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the summer episodes of hey qween come to an end with vanessa vanjie mateo. these episodes were so good. shea coulee, dusty, pearl, kameron michaels, sonique and vanjie. while johnny mcgovern isn't the best interviewer, the queens themselves come PREPARED and spill major tea.

the taylor swift one is a modern masterpiece, two world-class queens masterfully shitting on her for 15 minutes, i have all the time in the world for that. i'm gonna watch that video once every month for at least a year. PLEASE DO A KATY PERRY ONE NEXT.

I mean, you pair up anyone with Katya and it instantly becomes hilarious.
violet can surprisingly hold her own with katya, she's pretty hilarious, i never knew.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Vanessa mind as well rebrand her name to Miss Vanjie. You say Vanessa and people don't know who you're talking about.

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
In the UK they advertised as 'The Mateo Family Show', with BAM and Miss Vanjie faiiirly prominent on the posters and moreso than the names.

(booked tickets as Alexis is one of my partner's all time favourites but sadly a week before the show, she pulled out, so just Vanjie. Bah. Still a fun night, but a shame)

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Congrats on the Emmy, it's quite an achievement for the show. It's sad that these niche shows start to win awards only when they get a bit worse, but perhaps that's what it takes to get into mainstream. Hopefully the next season will be better!

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Vanessa mind as well rebrand her name to Miss Vanjie. You say Vanessa and people don't know who you're talking about.
She must be dying for s11 to start so she can be more than the 'I didn't do it' kid. I'm sure she's making a decent living from it so it's hardly the worst albatross, but I'm sure it must be tiring.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I've now seen every Season 10 girl live besides Mayhem, Kalorie, and Yuhua.
Run to see Cracker, Vixen, and Monique if they're ever near you.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Oh god, it was a joke. I laughed.

In the movement to make Drag Race fans less racist (which is really the problem. Not just "they tell mean jokes"), lets not scrub out all humor from around the queens. I mean, this is a show in which Bianca Del Rio won a season.

EDIT: Also, Pearl is doing the most on the RuPaul quote.

Veeboy

Oct 31, 2017
Everyone thought Cracker or Monet was going to win.
Everyone I talked to (mostly on reddit) thought Aquaria was going to win (if not she would be a definite lock for top 4), but after the MTQ most people soured on Aquaria and Cracker became fan favorite. Then the season aired and opinions switched like halfway through the season.

Veeboy

Oct 31, 2017
It going to Wow Plus first, but then youtube days later. Pretty exciting stuff, except they will probably go with the smaller format again. Hope the crazy editing comes back though.
The smaller format was better. I enjoyed the T&K show, but the added structure necessitated in a TV show kind of dampened what made Unhhhh so great. Also, super glad that the (unfortunately censored) version will be available outside of Wow+. I don't think there is anything that could make me subscribe to yet another subscription service, especially one with such spotty content.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah T&K was cancelled so Uhhh is going to be WOW Plus to propup that shit service.
i enjoyed unhhhh MUCH more than their tv show. i don't subscribe to wow plus but it's no big deal since they'll be up on youtube anyway

It going to Wow Plus first, but then youtube days later. Pretty exciting stuff, except they will probably go with the smaller format again. Hope the crazy editing comes back though.
they've got the same editors back so *tworp* is back most likely

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I watched the first episode and it was okay. Like Shizuka said, it's a show about Justin's dance studio. Ironically, the parts about/with Alyssa were the weakest moments for me.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
If y'all like Alyssa's show, try to catch the documentary Rebels on Pointe sometime; it's on Starz occasionally. Follows an all-drag ballet company that was founded in the '70s and all the challenges they face in being accepted as legitimate.