• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I kind of caved...I took a peak and saw about three names on the "leaked" placements list before I bounced; I'll just say that out of the three early eliminations I saw, only one of them (kind of) surprised me, the other two...I pegged them for an early leave right out of the gate lol.
I wish I had more willpower though. :/

Veeboy

Oct 31, 2017

You can almost tell who is and is not eligible for the crown at this point by how bold they are. Gia going in, Farrah straight sauced and not giving a fuck, Latrice completely reading production for AS1 with absolutely no holding back, and Jasmine going off to wherever her mind is going to.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
That interview was such a mess haha. Most of the cast was drunk, throwing shade at ruPaul, and you could totally tell more or less who still has a stake in winning (because they would not participate in the shade). Also Carson felt extremely awkward and barely cared about the answers.

Oct 27, 2017
Drag Race UK is coming next year to BBC Three!

The most surprising thing about this announcement for me is that Ru and Michelle will be hosting it.
Like, Ru already has a ton of stuff going on (lead role in a Netflix sitcom, a talk show, some hosting gig on NBC/ABC/whatever, voice acting gigs, etc.), I'm surprised that he has the time and energy to host two versions of RPDR.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
The most surprising thing about this announcement for me is that Ru and Michelle will be hosting it.
Like, Ru already has a ton of stuff going on (lead role in a Netflix sitcom, a talk show, some hosting gig on NBC/ABC/whatever, voice acting gigs, etc.), I'm surprised that he has the time and energy to host two versions of RPDR.

Pretty sure we'll also be getting RPDR11 before 2020. Gotta ride that pop culture wave.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

I think they'll host just the first episode.

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
If they keep up their rapid filming pace of a series, it's probably manageable for them to host through it. Like, you'd want to be there for the first episode, and finale, considering it's not too long between those and flights back and forth, might as well do the lot. Also it's in the UK Michelle's seemingly desperate to live here so she'd stick around.

I'd imagine the real extra effort is on the production teams behind it, and how many are from the US team/setting up a new team. And as it's English language, and with Ru, it probably increases its worldwide sales potential a lot without them having to squeeze in another US run to get the output level they're seemingly after.

I'm mainly excited for UK celebrities being done on snatch game. I mean sure they strictly should rename it Wankety Wank but that's another matter.

I'll also miss awkward product placement of course. Maybe that's why Ru stops turning up. What do you mean, I can't just plug my chocolate bar as an entire episode, that'd be against broadcasting rules?

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still thinking about that BUILD interview. What the hell was that?! One thing for sure is Jasmine did not want to be there, and seems like a shit ton of drama happened during AS4. Also, Carson was a terrible interviewer.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still thinking about that BUILD interview. What the hell was that?! One thing for sure is Jasmine did not want to be there, and seems like a shit ton of drama happened during AS4. Also, Carson was a terrible interviewer.

Completely agreed about everything.

The weird thing about Carson is that he seemed prepared.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Isn't the whole competition shot in like 2-3 weeks? I bet Rupaul can spend two weeks in the UK hosting. Also it might be a shorter season like All Stars, making it fit even better.

Tunichtgut

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

The first 3 minutes are online.

And the moment i saw

Eureka, i was done with the christmas special. Why does she has to be everywhere...

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I completely missed the episode. :(

Any way to watch it online, or do I have to wait for VH1 to put it on their list?
Wow plus?

The christman special was not good. But no one should have expected it to be anything more than a long commercial for the album.

Should have been Mayhem

Ratrat

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have access to VH1 live, but I forgot to watch it. Next week I'll set a reminder for myself.

I don't want to pay $4 just to watch this show. :P
I just did the 1-month free trial. :)
But I dont live in the states, so Wow plus is the only way I can watch Drag Race until it hits netflix months later.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The Ru x Michelle lipsync with the body doubles was hilarious. Watched that part twice.

The Christmas episode was cute, not something I'd want all the time, but it's more than fine as an one-off thing. I liked how campy it was.

Also, the camera was in love with that one Pit Crew member. Off to find out who he is.

edit: Danny Williams. Shieeeeeetttt. NSFW

Last edited:

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
The special was ultra campy, but I smile and laughed so it was ok. I would have liked an actual competition, but I guess the queens wouldn't necessarily go for that.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Kinda hard to sit through, but better than that green screen Xmas thing they did a few years ago.

wtf was Jasmine doing with that thing on her head the whole time. Unwrap the present and get some airtime bitch! It was like the cocoon thing all over again. Sonique looked amazing, hope she gets to be on a future All Stars.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
damn, what the hell was that?
the only things i have to say is sonique looked real good, and what was jasmine wearing on her head.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently, at least in Brazil, every All Stars 4 episode will be available the day after it airs in the US on Netflix.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yeah the Christmas episode is on UK Netflix too, the day afterwards even. Hopefully we get All Stars 4 too.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I saw the post on reddit about her outfit influences, that Batman Returns one was a wildcard, very cool. I would've got the Pizzazz one if the camera work on that section had been any good, I couldn't work out what the hell was going on in that section and didn't get a decent look at any of their outfits.

Dec 6, 2018
Help someone, all morning I've been thinking about Eureka quotes and I can't stop giggling to myself. Timeless classics like:

"You don't know me baby 👶 "
"What they don't know is that I have had a traumatizing experience..."
"Don't call us fat, call us phat with a p-h for Pretty, Hot, and Tasty"

And of course, "Big gut make you nut"