• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Pour yourself a cup of tea, toast a pair of crumpets, and come join us celebrate all things british drag. Expect plenty of filthy innuendo and interesting accents.

maxresdefault.jpg

From L to R..

Divina De Campo, Baga Chipz, Crystal, The Vivienne, Cheryl Hole, Blu Hydrangea, Scaredy Kat, Vinegar Strokes, Gothy Kendoll, Sum Ting Wong

New episodes will be airing every Thursday night on BBC3/Iplayer at 8pm.

Don't Live in the UK? Your options are listed on here,

Ant

Oct 27, 2017
Supporting my local queen Blu Hydrangea however I think a queen like Divina will end up winning it!

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Rooting for Blu Hydrangea and Crystal.

I'm really getting first out vibes from Sum Ting Wong. Hoping I'm wrong, I just love her name.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Thanks for sorting out the thread Jonny.

Won't be watching until Sunday probably, but not really bothered about spoilers, I haven't read anything about eliminations though. Quite excited for this actually, hope that British flavour really comes through, like licking Branston pickle off a foreskin on a double decker bus whilst throwing a milkshake a Nigel Farage!

OP
OP
Jonnykong

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Thought that was a pretty decent opening episode. It's looking like it's going to be quite a comedy filled season.

Blu coming out as a two pound coin was amazing!

I think Gothy leaving first was the right decision, she doesn't look like she's nearly ready.

ChanceOwen

Oct 25, 2017
Any confirmation on the pace of airing outside the UK? In Canada it looks like only the Meet The Queens is being aired tonight? Are we gonna be a week behind on all the spoilers?

JonathanEx

Oct 25, 2017
Did it air an hour ago?
Went on iPlayer (UK) / WoW Presents (US) at 8pm BST, yeah.

I really liked it - I think they've got the feel of the show bang on. It doesn't feel like a 'cheap knock off' - and as a Brit, the references were great. The queens are definitely not as polished, or there on the dancing, but it's ruder, it's funnier, and even the 'looks' queens have some character too.

And Sum Ting Wong's costume choices. I howled at both of those. YES.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My wifi decided to die tonight of all nights and wont be fixed until the morning, when I'm going away for a week and wont be able to watch it. Amazing

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
That was hilarious I loved it. The references were great and the cast is really good.

The person who went home was right I think.

Ant

Oct 27, 2017
Really good episode, think the Vivien is going to get the villain edit and was disappointed by Gothy as you'd think knowing you're going to be on the first season of Drag Race UK you'd give it your all but I suppose nerves affect us all at times!

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Lol i fucked up, read the posts here and spoiled myself the first elimination 😋

Oh well, too bad for Gothy, didnt seem as unprepared in the trailers and pre-airing stuff.

Dec 4, 2017
London
Just caught up with this. I thought it was really shaky for the first half - some of the make-up was terrible and sadly no-one was really bringing the wit to make up for it.

However it seemed to settle into its stride a little once we got to the runway and there was some really nice creativity on display (if not polish). Loved Sum Ting's stamp and Blu's coin. Especially Blu's coin, such a clever idea. She's therefore my early favourite. More of that sort of thing and it could be a fun series.

Baga Chips was every bit as annoying as I feared though. Hope she goes soon. Obnoxious and painfully unfunny which is a bit of an issue if you're supposed to be a comedy queen.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just me, but I am very disappointed.

Half of them are barely passable for UK standards. Hopefully they'll get better

Indeed he was

Part of the issue is that in order to get the same 'range' of queens that you get in the USA series, Ru has had to bring on some very young queens or ones who aren't at the top of their game. UK drag simply isn't like American drag and if you want instagram, fishy queens you'll have to cut out some of the best of British drag to fit them in.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
First impressions were rooouuugh but I was loving it from the runways onwards. About what I hoped for from a British series, less polish but a ton of attitude.

Also you know which one is from East London because they won't ever shut up about East London.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People were hearing that the UK queens were leaning way heavier on the comedy, and that turned out to be 100% accurate. It's a nice contrast in style to the US version.

Right person went home, especially with an acting challenge next.

jetscanfly

Jan 19, 2018
The most annoying thing about that episode was that The Vivienne wore flats on the runway twice but still won.

Aug 16, 2019
UK
Part of the issue is that in order to get the same 'range' of queens that you get in the USA series, Ru has had to bring on some very young queens or ones who aren't at the top of their game. UK drag simply isn't like American drag and if you want instagram, fishy queens you'll have to cut out some of the best of British drag to fit them in.
I am not British, I moved here 2 years ago, but in Newcastle alone I have seen waaaaay more refined queens. I am particularly talking about the first entrance, when they have time to be at their best . Some of them , I am sorry to say it, looked like a parody of a drag.

But comedy was spot on, as usual

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Do we have weird head shapes in the UK? It seems almost all the queens has a big round head. :-?

Also I love Vinegar!

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I really enjoyed the episode! And damn, my gauge on some of these Queens was totally off the mark (Sum Ting Wong is great, but damn they need to blend that wig.)

Gothy leaving first was disappointing, but absolutely the right choice.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Baga's hometown getup was a massive disappointment. I was keenly anticipating some West Bromwich-themed drag.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm quite excited to see what they'll do for snatch game.

I'm quite excited to see what they'll *call* Snatch Game, and if they'll resist the obvious wank pun.

(For folks outside the UK; over here, Match Game was named "Blankety Blank". With a weird vestige that despite being called that, the prize round was still called the Supermatch Game)

He definitely is at some point, not sure which episode, though.

Appropriate though P'OG's involvement would be, I don't think this has been confirmed at any point; Alan Carr mentioned it earlier in the year but seems to have backtracked later on, so I'm not entirely sure it's actually happening unless there's been an update since then.

Last edited:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since there's obviously an issue with the prizing this season, the "grand prize" is a pretty clever workaround. Since they're winning "their own show"... they'll need to be compensated for it.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked it - I think they've got the feel of the show bang on. It doesn't feel like a 'cheap knock off' - and as a Brit, the references were great. The queens are definitely not as polished, or there on the dancing, but it's ruder, it's funnier, and even the 'looks' queens have some character too.

And Sum Ting Wong's costume choices. I howled at both of those. YES.
I agree with basically all of this. It feels like a very strong season so far, although - as in all RPDR seasons - it'll live or die by the fairness of its judging decisions.