• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
This statement comes after his recent post about ethics on Escapist, and his less-than-tactful interaction with Zoë Quinn on Twitter.

DzJSNSVWsAEg_BT.jpg

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If it's sincere, good for him, but my understanding is that he's had a lot of practice with apologies. Let's see what he actually comes back as.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
What did he tell Quinn? And yes, i'm already smh at the response.

Something to the effect of "And here I was thinking you wouldn't be making this all about you" when she noted how fucking tone-deaf his article about Ethics in Journalism and Gamer Gate was.

EDIT: Thanks for the screen.

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
He wrote a book about his experiences in games journalism a few years ago, and didn't represent himself very well in there. Seems this is a part of himself with which he often struggles. Hopefully he'll take this opportunity to do some introspection. For all his flaws, he has been involved in some things I've respected and supported over the years.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad for all of the people that honestly thought The Escapist could move past what it was before.

Not so much for Mr. Pitts here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But the op in the other thread said he made a great post!

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This is genuinely surprising to me as I'd assumed he'd do what he always does and gladhand his critics while not actually addressing the root of their criticism and just fade into the background for a bit.

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
fucking enjoyed the clusterfuck about the article tbh

Some of the responses from journalists from other websites about it was fantastic.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude is legit shook at all the backlash he got over this. He probably thought he could dog whistle his way back into the good graces of GG and no one would suspect a thing.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
"I am a word person."

are you sure

In his big "Ethics in games journalism"-article he makes the point that, once trust is lost, it can't be regained.
He makes that point in an article he posted on The Escapist, which he bought after it turned into one of the central havens for Gamergate.

Dude is legit shook at all the backlash he got over this. He probably thought he could dog whistle his way back into the good graces of GG and no one would suspect a thing.

I don't think it's that. I believe him when he says that he abhors what Gamergate stands for. He's a Boogie, a classic "centrist" who thinks that you can never really take sides and, if you criticize Gamergate, you also have to criticize Zoe Quinn because, hey, surely she kinda deserved at least some of this, right? He thinks he can, at the same time, denounce Gamergate for what it "turned out to be", but also commend it for "what it was trying to be". Ignoring, of course, that it never tried to be anything but what it turned out to be. He is one of the people that will bend reality just to make it fit his fence sitting, his total dedication to being the centrist who knows better than all those silly people who end up on one of two sides.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If I may quote King Lear.

"Get fucked boi"

"Thou art a base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy worsted-stocking knave; a lily-liver'd, action-taking, whoreson, glass-gazing, superserviceable, finical rogue; one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a bawd in way of good service, and art nothing but the composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pandar, and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch; one whom I will beat into clamorous whining if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
So what's the over-under of him coming back full GG rather than just this diet-soda attempt he had here?

I mean I'm open to the possibility that maybe he legit is going to go and work on himself, but really we all know how this goes.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He will be back in a week. This is another dog whistle to the gators who will roar across the internet in his defence and give him an audience of shitheels to write for.

Know thy audience.

Lafazar

Oct 25, 2017
Bern, Switzerland
I hope he means it and really reflects on this. Since he is friends with moviebob (one of the most anti-GG advocates out there) I lean more towards the "he is a complete and utter moron and shockingly uninformed for a person in his position" than the "he is a dyed in the wool gamergater" side of things, but we will see if he will be able to change this around by his future actions.

He definitely should not be leading any publication when being this fucking dense.

StealFromWork

Feb 19, 2018
Los Angeles
Here's hoping he comes back with his head on straight instead of doing what a lot of dudes do: Watch a bunch of Jordan Peterson and decide you were right all along.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
People can improve themselves and admitting fault, apologizing and expressing an interest in working on your failings would be the first steps in the process.
How far he'll get or whether he'll fall down the rest of the steps and into a tub of lard is TBD.

For now I'm just relieved, thinking that this could've gone worse. Could've just been continued and instant lardsuckling. Kind of what I've grown to expect.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
How do you "take a leave of absence" from your own company?

Be better or shut down, dude. This is a whole lotta apologizing from a guy who seems determined to never actually follow through. If he did, I'd be the first to welcome him back. But from all I've seen I can't possibly believe this is sincere...