• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The story

Music mogul Russell Simmons has been accused of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl following a casting call in 1991 as movie producer Brett Ratner allegedly watched and did nothing to help.

Keri Claussen Khalighi, a fashion model at the time of the alleged 1991 incident, told the Times that she had gone back to Simmon's New York apartment to watch a music video the men were working on. There, she said, her clothes were yanked off and Simmons made unwanted sexual advances.

"I looked over at Brett and said, 'Help me,' and I'll never forget the look on his face," she told the Times. "In that moment, the realization fell on me that they were in it together."

5a118e3b140000891d50e3d0.jpeg

Last edited:

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Shitty stuff done on casting couches seem to be the worst kept secret. Everyone knows it's happening but I'm glad names are being called out.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It fucking SCARES me what INEVITABLE shitstorm is going to go down when the hip hop industry get's the same exposure. Burn it all down.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not shocked. Wouldn't be surprised if Rev Run has some skeletons in his closet too.

OP
OP
Lord Brady

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Because of last second family matters and nothing more.
I enjoy the salt Brady creates among haters as much as the next person, but can we leave that out of the thread involving sexual assault allegations? There's an NFL thread powered by salt where these kinds of posts can go.

Should also be noted that she didnt wait 20+ years to report this. She reported it to the police at the time who claimed there wasn't enough evidence to proceed.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy the salt Brady creates among haters as much as the next person, but can we leave that out of the thread involving sexual assault allegations? There's an NFL thread powered by salt where these kinds of posts can go.

Should also be noted that she didnt wait 20+ years to report this. She reported it to the police at the time who claimed there wasn't enough evidence to proceed.

Or you could've said something to the other poster who expressed their love for your username while you responded with a happy high five gif in said thread. I'll leave it be though.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
That must be absolutely terrifying to be getting assaulted and you look to someone you hope will help and they are enjoying it! This is a painful period where the monsters are being outed but hopefully one day, after the purge, things will be better.

Russell says in statement he has witnesses of it being consensual?

Ratner and bodyguards that were there to watch the show don't count.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Not surprised at all. Simmons always came off like a creep. What an awful story.

Props to Terry Crews for exposing this piece of shit further.