• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The idea of Tai and Raven showing up just to have them meet Blake is really dumb.

Tai and Raven need to work out their issues and Yang and Raven need to work out their issues.

Would be like Leia introducing Han to Darth vader.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I made a thread on this but I think here is more appropiate, , does anyone else feel like people overanalyze or act like the abuser aspect was much bigger than it actually is. Like I see people say Adam is an excellently well-written abuser or we don't see abusers like him in media or he groomed Blake or Blake is going to need so much time to recover from the abuse Adam gave her and act like she's jessica jones.I mean, am I missing something here, cuz aside from the short and Blake's talk on Adam in v6, it was barely addressed at all and to me, Blake doesn't show signs of being an abuse. Again, am I missing something or what? I'm asking as I don't want to look like I;m downplaying abuse or something

Last edited:

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Any hopes on the new writers?

We'll see when the series starts.

The new writers are:

Eddy Rivas, whose title at Rooster Teeth is "Brand Archivist." His role in the company is keeping track of the lore of their various shows, and he has several writing credits as well, primarily for episodes of Camp Camp and Nomad of Nowhere . https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3143083/

Kiersi Burkhart, a middle grade and YA novelist. I don't know anything about her body of work. https://www.kiersi.com/about

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's better if I don't try to make sense of where the RWBY characters show up from now on.

Like... what?

Like, some of them make sense

The Blazblue Cross Tag happened because Mori is a big fan of the show, and wanted to make a game for it
DC is mostly because RoosterTeeth is owned by Time Warner

This one however, is really fucking weird. The only relationship I think RWBY has to Smite is people at RT really like the game and had some internal competitions playing it

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Smite about dieties and mythical figures fighting each other.

That kinda works into the fairy tale motif.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm reading online that it's skins for other characters but with unique voice work from the show VA's.

So like the special skins in Injustice 2.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Few weeks old but I didn't see it posted here. DC's RWBY comic finally got a release date. First issue comes out October 16. Seems like the run will be 7 issues

MTU2MzgyMzM0NQ==

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the cover for the second issue of the DC comic

2wfxobeibwg31.jpg

Also a synopsis

Yang Xiao Long is listless after the fall of Beacon. Isolated from her friends and recuperating at home, she'll do anything to distract herself from her pain, but what can helping out around town do for her? Meanwhile, Blake Belladonna reminisces about her relationship with Adam Taurus and the White Fang as she makes her way home!

I'm really looking forward to this series since it's going to fill in the gaps between V3 and 4

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
The first DC comic was... ok for a recap. The art was iffy at times, though I didn't mind that "voice" for Ruby, it might have been a bit too hyper active.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been cool on RWBY for a while now, but given how this has been a pretty turbulent year for the series, or, to be more precise, the cast and crew of the show, I've still kept a bit of an eye on things. This is only tangentally related to RWBY itself given Gray's role in Rooster Teeth - it relates way more to Gen:Lock and Nomad from Nowhere (name I haven't heard in a while), but this video popped up in my feed. Claxiyn hasn't been prone to drama-following, nor baseless speculation (outside of crack shippings), and given the size of the document of evidence she's presenting, I think this is worthwhile to at least look at.

If true, not only has Gray's role as director of staff been a clusterfuck of mismanagement (something we're seeing more and more from these online startup media companies), but also highly dubious and questionable was his management of fundings - which tbf you could also go further to look at how well Rooster Teeth was watching it's own coffers.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Update on the Gray situation. He himself has come out with a wall of text following the video.

Given the level of offence he's taking to this without actively addressing it, I'd steer even further into the realm of suspicion.

Wouldn't know what to make of Ellie Main's departure - leaving under very different conditions during this fallout with the animation staff could just be inconvenient timing, she goes to great lengths to distance herself from that mess, so hoping she does well, though this is more and more likely looking like there were problems with some prominent members of RTs staff that have needed rooting for years. Also, likely RIP to his role as Roman in any capacity going forwards.

Oct 25, 2017
Update on the Gray situation. He himself has come out with a wall of text following the video.

Given the level of offence he's taking to this without actively addressing it, I'd steer even further into the realm of suspicion.

Wouldn't know what to make of Ellie Main's departure - leaving under very different conditions during this fallout with the animation staff could just be inconvenient timing, she goes to great lengths to distance herself from that mess, so hoping she does well, though this is more and more likely looking like there were problems with some prominent members of RTs staff that have needed rooting for years. Also, likely RIP to his role as Roman in any capacity going forwards.

Reading through this, Ellie has no need to worry. I believe she is currently in a relationship with Miles Luna (co-writer on the show and voice of Jaune) and the insiders say Miles and Kerry are clean in regards to this mess

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They showed off Neo's Astral Finish (instant kill attack) from BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle on last night's BBTag stream

I never know how to embed twitch clips so here's a youtube rehost. The attention to detail is fantastic

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
MEDIA=twitter]1176353184836661249[/MEDIA

These are fun but
RIP to Ruby's shounen protagonist hair

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Been super swamped with work as of late so I kinda fell off of the RWBY train for a bit, time to catch up:

Nooooooo! I loved her on RWBY Rewind, who's gonna rep team Bumblebee now? :(

Had no idea about the drama that was going on at RT, will be sure to watch the video SteadFast posted to get filled in.

I adore Cristina Vee's work, so I'm curious.

Yes! Super curious as to who she'll voice.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Weird how Adam of all people became controversial. I mean, yeah, some of it isn't coming from a good place but still surprising seeing as he was flatter than cardboard

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Weird how Adam of all people became controversial. I mean, yeah, some of it isn't coming from a good place but still surprising seeing as he was flatter than cardboard

Well, the climax of his story sorta came in the middle of the whole "Incel Rebellion" thing entering the mainstream. And his entire character fits the PUA and Incel-type to a T.