• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
Figured she'd be based on Little Miss Muffet, and she's voiced by Ochako.
No one got time for your shit Oz.

One question left from Jinn, that'll be a point of conflict I assume.

OP
OP
Geist

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that The Girl in the Tower was first mentioned by Pyrrha during volume three:

Ozpin's comeuppance was really satisfying.

Also

wls7Oem.png

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Whooooo boy this episode.

I think I know where this is going.

I'm betting that Ozpin doesn't really want to "defeat" Salem. I think he actually wants to SAVE her and turn her good somehow.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Calling it:

Oz's punishment isn't because he failed to stop Salem - it's because he created her

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this episode!

Watching the girls draw their weapons on Qrow and Oz was super intense! Major props to Ruby for wanting to unveil Ozpin's bullshit, next week this guy is going to be EXPOSED!

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Calling it:

Oz's punishment isn't because he failed to stop Salem - it's because he created her
Yeah thats what I'm thinking as well. Perhaps even...

Perhaps doing so created the Grimm in general. How the shit do you work with the guy who caused all of the problems in the first place. Hell what if he did so maliciously?

Rest of the episode was really good. Cinder is of course alive, I thought maybe she might have been hurt enough that she loses her memories or something for awhile but nope. Wonder how Neo is going to get involved in this. I liked the flashback to before they left and the discussion they had about the relic and what it does. It was a great lead up to what was ultimately revealed with Jinn. Wasn't expecting us to get right into the details so quickly and I'm glad they are. Feels like they might have taken the backlash from the last season to heart, at least so far. Remains to be seen how the rest of the season shapes out of course but this was a great episode.

I also really liked the conflict between Oz and the girls, I was really curious if Qrow was actually going to side with Oz first until Yang and Weiss looked really to fight to get the answers they want.

Also I like how conflicted Oscar is about Oz and what hes hiding. I wonder if he'll end up trying to reject Oz from his mind entirely or if that would even be possible. It seems like eventually their minds merge or something, heck I wonder if given enough time Oz just takes over. Was the previous Ozpin originally someone else and Oz took him over eventually?

Guessing next episode will be Salem's backstory with team RWBY reacting to it and then we'll end the episode with current Salem and whats going on with the evildoers.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I actually want to make a conflicting bet.

Salem always had the Grimm summoning powers (and perhaps the Schnee line is related to her, given they can summon Grimm) - and she was locked away in luxury in the tower because her powers were dangerous, with Ozpin acting as her caretaker/warden - However some foolish "Good Samaritan" comes along and frees her from the tower when Ozpin isn't around (his failure, and the first "betrayal", giving him all his trust issues) and out adventuring free, Salem is found and corrupted by the Dark God to use her summoning ability against humanity.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
This episode might be the most impressive in terms of foreshadowing set up in the series.

the Statue from Haven, The exact fairytale Pyrrha gets interrupted by Ozipin when talking about, and the book Blake was reading wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in V1 during her first meeting with Ruby

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've heard a few people throwing around the idea...
Of Salem leading to the Arc family at some point.
tumblr_phmwj2cniP1tdfb7t_1280.jpg

kisspng-jaune-arc-symbol-logo-blake-belladonna-teeth-vector-5ad9b01ed5d248.3720098915242158388758.jpg

tumblr_phmwj3fxvL1tdfb7t_1280.png

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard a few people throwing around the idea...
Of Salem leading to the Arc family at some point.
tumblr_phmwj2cniP1tdfb7t_1280.jpg

kisspng-jaune-arc-symbol-logo-blake-belladonna-teeth-vector-5ad9b01ed5d248.3720098915242158388758.jpg

tumblr_phmwj3fxvL1tdfb7t_1280.png

As much as I dislike a lot of the "self insert" Jaune is super important theories I've seen, this one is actually pretty well defined. If the Arc's do have a connection with Salem, it might even explain why Jaune seemingly was passed into Beacon despite cheating

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I dislike a lot of the "self insert" Jaune is super important theories I've seen, this one is actually pretty well defined. If the Arc's do have a connection with Salem, it might even explain why Jaune seemingly was passed into Beacon despite cheating

Eh...

The Field-Exam is its own punishment for cheating the written entrance exams.

...Think of it like Polpo's Lighter-Test...

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tyrian's lime is the main reason I'm entertaining this idea. Considering previous foreshadowing that feels way to deliberate to not lead to anything.

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Probably because Ozpin gave you that impression

I'm guessing the real reason for his punishment was that he accidentally created Salem
It has been foreshadowed this has long since been ozpins doing. I wonder what the first question asked was and when it was asked

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still maintaining my prediction.

Ozpin isn't the bad guy here. His failure was that Salem escaped/was removed from the tower which was specifically to prevent her becoming what she is now - Be it the Dark God directly corrupting her or some hypersensitivity to human emotions making her hate humanity.

Maybe some Persona 2 shenanigans going on here where the gods made a bet on if Humanity would destroy itself or not and the Dark God cheated by turning Salem into a monster, and the Light God counter-cheating in turn by making Ozpin immortal and/or creating the Grimm-banishing Silver-Eyes.

And I think the party having direct knowledge of this is going to leave them worse off - Qrow in particular, and Ozpin was right to hide it.

I predicted all of Valkria 4's plot a whole six years ago, so I think I might be having right and proper premonitions again here too.

Also, another prediction.

Everyone who's asked Ruby's question before has ended up betraying Ozpin - Lionheart being the latest who used the first of three questions this era. Qrow could be the next, as my OP-based prediction.

Last edited:

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Epsiode 3 was boooring. Low-quality lore dump. I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed they wasted 26+ minutes on that or am glad it's that much time out of the way for explaining those two.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 3

This episode was an absolute doozy. There's so much to take in I have no goddamn idea where to start.

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked that episode

Although it raises more questions

If the god of darkness destroyed everyone, where did the new humans, faunus and dust come from?

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Epsiode 3 was boooring. Low-quality lore dump. I'm not sure if I'm more disappointed they wasted 26+ minutes on that or am glad it's that much time out of the way for explaining those two.

While I might have agreed with you for other shows, I think RWBY desperately needed an episode like this. To answer a lot of the questions they kept presenting but never addressing.