• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
The kids of one of Oz incarnation

1541870981056.png

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who just caught up on the recent season, I'm not too keen on Salem being hard locked immortal like this.

It pretty much narrows down the solution to defeat her being:

"Team Ruby solved racism, so now the God's will smite their enemies."

Or

"Show enough friendship or whatever so that the God's will pity the team and remove Salem's immortality"

The former would be pretty bad so they can only really for the latter.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Look at all these defeatists lol.

You can't "Destroy" Mundus either. Didn't stop Dante from doing something. Winning against Salem is a matter of Surviving, and Ozpin had been doing pretty well with that so far.

Also do note that Salem has been delegating tasks to her loyalists instead of doing things herself. If she had no weaknesses working against her whatsoever why doesn't she do things herself, with no risk of failure?

Like Mundus, you need to send her straight back to hell long enough to prepare the next generation to do the same.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The answers are in no way just those two.

Hell there's potential that the Gods will not even factor.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Also do note that Salem has been delegating tasks to her loyalists instead of doing things herself. If she had no weaknesses working against her whatsoever why doesn't she do things herself, with no risk of failure?
It's probably because all she would do is have humanity unite against one powerful witch and she wants then divided

That and yeah I doubt Salem could do well if she has an entire army against her they can't kill her but they can probably put her in a box at the bottom of the ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Not much here. A blizzard has rolled into the farm, and Ruby remarks that the place is not ruined but rather seems abandoned. The tone seems somewhat horror inspired

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably because all she would do is have humanity unite against one powerful witch and she wants then divided

That and yeah I doubt Salem could do well if she has an entire army against her they can't kill her but they can probably put her in a box at the bottom of the ocean
Is there such thing as an antimagic box to actually contain her? You would think Ozma would try something like that if it actually existed.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
And I'm saying you're looking at this too black n white if you think those two options are all there is.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
And I'm saying you're looking at this too black n white if you think those two options are all there is.
That's why I said I wasn't too keen on this story beat. By having Djinn establish that nothing other than the gods that gave her immortality can kill her, you've pretty much destroyed any option that isn't appealing to the gods.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
And I don't believe it's that clear cut.

I don't think you need to call on the gods(I believe they will but not explicitly for the Salem issue).

Reminder as far as we know, the only question asked was how to destroy Salem. Not stop, not pacify, destroy.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they don't have to kill her that's the simple answer

They can try trapping or appeal to her better nature or something anime shit

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think trapping her is a real solution because I feel like Ozma would have asked about that already. That and I'm unsure of why a world without real magic would have anti real magic containment tech.

Appeal to her better nature I don't think is a real solution either. Because I'm going to imagine she has done too much bad stuff to be properly redeemed and she can't nobly kill herself.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I don't assume fucking anything bout anybody.

The very fact that the question was so specific rather than broad, and no alternatives were placed leads me to believe there's more to this.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we will see. In any case I'm at least seeing them going on a hunt for all the objects since they summon the gods. IT would be weird if that plot point was brought up only for nothing to come of it.

Oct 25, 2017
^ Might want to spoiler tag that

But yeah, that fight scene was awesome. I am glad Neo's fight style transitioned so well into Maya. But I loved a lot of the stuff that happened in the cabin. Guessing this is sleepy hollow

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
^ Might want to spoiler tag that

But yeah, that fight scene was awesome. I am glad Neo's fight style transitioned so well into Maya. But I loved a lot of the stuff that happened in the cabin. Guessing this is sleepy hollow
Is this not the discussion thread? I don't really think any random person is gonna stumble in here but I edited my post just in case.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good episode. Glad to see Neo is back and looks absolutely great. Loved that she had Torchwicks hat and that her little battle with Cinder was quite good. I was hoping Neo would be out to kill Cinder but looks like they'll be teaming up instead, not sure how I feel about that but in a way kinda feels like maybe they're building up an 'evil team' to go against RWBY. I'd assume it would be a 4 person team with Mercury and Emerald but Salem seemed pretty adamant about cutting off support from Cinder since she fucked up so badly so maybe it won't be them and Cinder/Neo will find some new people to team with... Or maybe this isn't a thing at all and the two will just be teaming up to try and kill Ruby who knows.

I liked the sense of dread this episode with our main protagonists group. Between the dead farm with the mysterious way all the people died to Qrow really not handling the truth about Ozpin well to Ruby and Weiss talking about how futile it all seems right now and everything else. Also really liked the scene with Yang and Blake with Blake saying the wrong thing (Yang doesn't want to be protected, she wants to take him down together you silly girl!) I do feel kinda bad for both of them because Yang's PTSD sucks and Blake is trying to help but she doesn't really know what to say and Yang isn't helping anything by not telling her what she really needs. I certainly thought this scene was helping to instill Bumblebee more for those who care about shipping.

Still nothing revealed about the old woman, thought we'd at least learn something about her by now. I really like her character and attitude I'm just waiting to see what if anything she is actually going to do in the overall plot.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
having only seen up to chapter 4, I think I see why Jaune is so pissed in the intro

because if there's no way to kill Salem, and Oz literally has no other plan for stopping her

then what did Pyrrha die for?

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
That episode was hype.
That Neo vs Cinder fight was awesome and the creepiness of the farm is working for me

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
having only seen up to chapter 4, I think I see why Jaune is so pissed in the intro

because if there's no way to kill Salem, and Oz literally has no other plan for stopping her

then what did Pyrrha die for?

Yup. And most likely, what did Summer Rose die for?

I think Oz is going to alienate everyone, including Ruby, as the implications of his secret are explored before he starts to claw his way back into people's good graces.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Solid episode! I just wish it were longer. Seeing the girls face each other was nice and a good basis for some much needed group-building development.

Maybe the house will bring some good after all!

Lame ending shot though. Seriously, anything else would have been better.

Neoooooo~!

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, while not bad there were some pacing-issues that I think could have been ironed out.

By moving Cinder vs. Neo to another episode and giving the Abandoned Farm more screentime/something more concrete to end the episode on.

Maybe a bit of a hottake without the context of what the next episode is, but on the other hand there is the "flaw" endemic to this series of the Episodes being paced like they're supposed to be part of a single continuous movie instead of a traditional TV episode format (Evidenced by the Netflix/Physical releases being in such a Movielike format instead) - So who knows what wrench that throws in my take.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode.

So if I had to guess, I'd say that Cinder and Neo are gonna find Adam and team up. They all have something in common in that each of them has lost something to team RWBY.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode.

So if I had to guess, I'd say that Cinder and Neo are gonna find Adam and team up. They all have something in common in that each of them has lost something to team RWBY.

The concept of a trio of failed villains constantly stalking the heroes, but not being part of the A-level villain scheme makes me picture them in Team Rocket uniforms