• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
episode 4

source.gif

nice to know Qrow is willing to punch THE FUCK out of a child when angry

also a big fan of Hazel being kind of protective of Emerald, gonna assume it's because of his sister

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Currently on vacation so I can't write up a lengthy review, but yeah this episode was great aside from that weird ending cut.

Oct 25, 2017
Preview for Episode 6

Man, the tone is really heavy here. Qrow is keeping watch for the storm and is drinking. Ruby is visually upset that he found alcohol

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic episode...

Apathy Grimm were great, scary as shit and it was really cool to see just how powerful they can be despite not really being a combat type of Grimm. Would love to see more of that down the road, the effect they have just by being in an area is intense. It was obvious something was clearly wrong with the way everyone was acting but it was really well done. Oddly it felt like Oscar wasn't effected quite as much as everyone else but maybe that was just me, it certainly had a really hard effect on Qrow for obvious reasons, while I think the opening was clearly hinting at the Apathy Grimm now I still don't think hes out of the woods yet, hes on a downward spiral that I'm not sure hes going to come back from, well come back alive at least.

So like the opening hinted at the old woman once had Silver eyes, hopefully we really start getting more details soon and she'll be able to train Ruby on how to use them properly. I wonder just how many people have Silver eyes, Qrow knew about them because of Summer but we don't know how many people alive have that kind of ability. At first I figured it was just Ruby with Summer dead but its possible there are maybe a few out there in the world still. It also seems like the Silver eyes power is tied directly into the eyes which is why the old woman wasn't able to wipe out the Grimm like Ruby can. I wonder if we'll finally learn where it comes from, it seems like something different then the way magic is presented and makes me think its a power of the Creation god but how/why it exists is still the biggest mystery right now.

Hope shippers noticed the Yang and Blake holding hands thing as they ran out of the house at the end.

So far this season is kicking the last two seasons asses, lets just hope it continues. The removal of Sun, Blakes family, the new white fang, ect. really helps and seems like something that RT was paying attention to the criticism they got from the last two seasons. The focus on team RWBY again with a few additional characters helps as well, the cast really did feel way to bloated by like mid season 5.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Let's not single out the last two seasons.

This is a better season than everything other than season 3

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Man, if RWBY had a more grittier art style, the latest episode could've been a damn good
animated horror show
and those are really hard to come by. Kudos to the RWBY crew.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck Episode 6.

Now THAT'S Grimm. That's a fucking truly horrifying Eldritch Abomination in every aspect of its design and moveset. Just seeing that actually puts me in the hopelessness of the universe more than "Black/White/Red standard animal/fairytale beast" ever did.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Actually um, are we forgetting something?

Just how linked are the Grimm to Salem anyway? Anyone considering the possibility that dropping that Lamp into a horde of Grimm like that and the following battle might have been as good as shooting off a Flare Gun for Salem to see "Hey, here we are with the Relic!"

Oct 25, 2017
Actually um, are we forgetting something?

Just how linked are the Grimm to Salem anyway? Anyone considering the possibility that dropping that Lamp into a horde of Grimm like that and the following battle might have been as good as shooting off a Flare Gun for Salem to see "Hey, here we are with the Relic!"

That is a question that I think is still unexplained. I'm not sure how or why Salem became the leader of the grimm.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
I would say so far its better then V3.

People forget the lackluster first 3 tourney fights V3 had early on because everything after the Yang vs Mercury fight was a masterclass in rising tension and pacing right up to the last two episodes of the season breaking everyone's brains. But it took till episode 6 to start that.

V6 has been firing on all cylinders since the Adam Short. Its the best the show has ever been

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Been doing a lttp watch of rwby, the first season was largely awful outside of episode 8 and the episodes in the finale with Blake's identity being the focused. The comedy was largely terrible minus the one joke where Jean mistakes why Pyrra took him to a roof and the animation was largely awful

Season 2 by comparison was pretty great. The humor was greatly toned down and the jokes more 50:50 then which was a huge improvement. The story is starting to get interesting, the animation is generally a lot better though a few shots (like the girls running into the background) still look pretty bad. The finale was fun though I wish team ???? With bunny girl and briefcase gatling fashion chick had been introduced at some point before their big hero entrance.

Will probably start season 3 tomorrow, made the mistake of watching the first two seasons on youtube, where for some bizarre reason youtube recommended s3:e3 so while looking for s3:e1 I saw a comment that spoiled what I assume is a big twist for s3
That Pyrra will be killed, I knew someone from team jnpr got killed since I remember the back lash from a few years ago, I can see why her death would upset people. Then again we needed to give Ruby some male character to ship with, Jean was her best bet, and Pyrra stood in the way of that

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Been doing a lttp watch of rwby, the first season was largely awful outside of episode 8 and the episodes in the finale with Blake's identity being the focused. The comedy was largely terrible minus the one joke where Jean mistakes why Pyrra took him to a roof and the animation was largely awful
yeah, it doesn't really hold up very well

Season 2 by comparison was pretty great. The humor was greatly toned down and the jokes more 50:50 then which was a huge improvement. The story is starting to get interesting, the animation is generally a lot better though a few shots (like the girls running into the background) still look pretty bad. The finale was fun though I wish team ???? With bunny girl and briefcase gatling fashion chick had been introduced at some point before their big hero entrance.
That's Team CFVY (coffee). You'll see a little bit more from them.

Will probably start season 3 tomorrow, made the mistake of watching the first two seasons on youtube, where for some bizarre reason youtube recommended s3:e3 so while looking for s3:e1 I saw a comment that spoiled what I assume is a big twist for s3
That Pyrra will be killed, I knew someone from team jnpr got killed since I remember the back lash from a few years ago, I can see why her death would upset people. Then again we needed to give Ruby some male character to ship with, Jean was her best bet, and Pyrra stood in the way of that
Shame you got spoiled, but there's a lot more stuff going on in S3 besides that.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
Brief thoughts

The Apathy really shook me up because apathy is one of the more prominent symptoms of my depression so that was fun haha.

I can't stop thinking about how good volume 6 is so far... The super long lore drop episode is easily the weakest but the rest of the episodes have been on pat with Volume 3 imo. I hope it continues this way.

Also Yang grabbing Blake's hand, SDBurton post if you're OK.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Started volume 3, and man I do not understand why Blake's character is so sporadically written. At times she's the quiet loner, at times she part of team goofball, at times she acts like an actual cat, and then at times she over reacts like a gag character to not getting a meal. It makes Blake frustrating since I never know how she'll act in any particular scene. The other three are much more consistently written.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alright finally got off my butt and watched the lattest two episodes.
If this isn't a wake up call for Qrow to get his shit together then I don't know what is.

I fucking love Maria, best new character introduced since Qrow. Really can't wait to hear her story.

And finally as much as I really prefer Blacksun I can see Bumblebee roots.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Started volume 3, and man I do not understand why Blake's character is so sporadically written. At times she's the quiet loner, at times she part of team goofball, at times she acts like an actual cat, and then at times she over reacts like a gag character to not getting a meal.

At times she's the quiet loner, at times she part of team goofball, and then at times she over reacts like a gag character to not getting a meal

at times she acts like an actual cat

I think you just answered your own question. :P

OP
OP
Geist

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Updated the cover image.

Yes, Pyrrha is dead, but this is the best banner I could find in a quick google image search.

Oct 25, 2017
I do think we are finally going to get something involving Pyrrha this volume.

Since of all the stuff telegraphed in the intro, the only thing that has seemingly not been done in the volume is Jaune slamming Ozpin against the wall

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I do think we are finally going to get something involving Pyrrha this volume.

Since of all the stuff telegraphed in the intro, the only thing that has seemingly not been done in the volume is Jaune slamming Ozpin against the wall

Jaune will likely realize that Ozpin's lack of a plan meant that he filled Pyhrra's head with words of purpose and importance just to set her up as a pawn sacrifice.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit she's badass.
Dual Gravity Dust Scythes and her get up are so cool. A Nevermore in a mountainous region is a nice parallel to Ruby killing the Nevermore in Volume 1.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 7 is up BTW

Now THIS is very much getting back to the great fight choreography and atmosphere of the first three volumes.

RWBY's Back Baby.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Another really good episode. Maria being a legendary huntress known as the Grimm Reaper was really cool as was the fight scene with how she lost her eyes. I liked the swashbuckler pirate girl and the watch. Animation was really fluid and great, really seems like the fights animations keep getting better and better. Not quite on the level of Volume 1 and 2 just yet but certainly getting there.

I liked the town and that it was actually animated this time around, Mistral only being some still shots really annoyed me in early Volume 5 as it didn't feel like a real place at all. Here animating the various part of the town makes it seem like a real place in this world. It looked great. Also liked the world building as well for why the town exists and what not.

So we finally get to meet one of Jaune's sisters and her wife which I thought was a cute touch. Glad to see the gang back together and that they managed to make it to the town fairly quickly, a problem with Volume 4 was that the journey aspect of it really dragged on after awhile which hurt the pacing quite a bit. Here not so much.

Things still need to get explained to the rest of the team but yeah this was well done.

7/7 for me.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
Dang Maria was badass, Qrow better have burn heal
Crocodile Faunus based on the Croc that ate Hook's hand is neat, love Crocodiles.
Glad we got to Argus and got a JNR reunion quickly.
Oh fuck Jaune's sister.
Oh fuck she's a Lesbian (Sapphic is an apt reference)
Jaune in the picture is a big mood

tfw Ruby's probably gonna be the new Grimm Reaper
GRIM_REAPAH.jpg

I imagine JNR get filled in on the details in the next episode, leading to Jaune lashing out at Ozcar

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good episode. Loved Maria's backstory and the fact that she was a complete badass. Made me wonder who was hunting the Silver Eyed people.. Do we know this already?

Also Jaune's sister and her wife made me tear up and grin really big, I'm such a sucker for gay representation lol.