• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

aarcane

Oct 27, 2017
That is a really nice intro. I was sold on genLOCK after seeing the sizzle reel at RTX London last year.

Hyped for the Volume 6 finale tomorrow.

Oct 27, 2017
London
Well that finale was disappointing IMO after such a good season. It's just too fucking short. Guess RT don't care so much about RWBY anymore given how short this finale was. Genlock is the big animu in town now and it shows.

The giant godzilla grimm fight was anticlimactic, it died in a few minutes, we killed the thing, we went to Atlas, the end. At least we see Neo again making Neo plans but that whole thing was just one giant cliffhanger of an episode. Loved Neo and Cinder's new outfits though, and thoe flashbacks! Pyrrha seems to have got remastered and Cinder referenced Pyrrha there. Also we finally see Summer Rose.

Last edited:

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Well that finale was disappointing IMO after such a good season. It's just too fucking short. Guess RT don't care so much about RWBY anymore given how short this finale was. Genlock is the big animu in town now and it shows.

The giant godzilla grimm fight was anticlimactic, it died in a few minutes, we killed the thing, we went to Atlas, the end. At least we see Neo again making Neo plans but that whole thing was just one giant cliffhanger of an episode. Loved Neo and Cinder's new outfits though, and thoe flashbacks! Pyrrha seems to have got remastered and Cinder referenced Pyrrha there. Also we finally see Summer Rose.

Grimmzilla was never going to live up to the two three episode fights before it.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Well Finale is here...

It played out basically how a lot of us expected it to. Ruby's silver eyes saving the day but there were some nice things about the whole sequence that I did like. I liked that the kids realized that doing that much damage to the mech really fucked them against the Grimm even if the use of it was excessive. I didn't like how Jaune and no one else really spoke up about not leaving because Jaune's sister and wife/child where there. I mean granted I think all of the kids knew they weren't just going to abandon them but still felt like they were kinda forgotten about.

I liked Ruby being cleaver and using Jinn to stop time as well as her saying that she won't let her do that again. Makes sense in the moment while also not allowing them to basically use it as a get out jail free card in the future.

We also finally got to see Summer Rose! Well we had seen her before but it was in a picture and we didn't get a good look at her because of the hood, here we get to see just how much she looks like Ruby or well an older Ruby. It was nice to see that her memory of her mother was what really sparked her powers to awaken here.

I also really liked that even with the Silver eyes it didn't just 1 shot the Leviathan. Hell it was recovering when whats her name showed up in the mech and was able to properly kill it after Ruby froze it in place. It was nice to see that the Silver Eyes aren't going to just be an instant win button for Ruby when shes fighting Grimm.

It was good to see what Neo is really capable of and I do like her interactions with Cinder even though she doesn't say anything. Having her hold onto Torwick's hat is just perfect imo.

So that was all the things I liked, I wouldn't say it was a bad episode but it felt really rushed compared to the last couple of episodes. I was flat out surprised how quickly we went from Ruby freezing the Grimm to everyone celebrating, felt like there should have been more build up as people realized what had happened. This kinda applies to the rest of the episode as well, the Grimm battle was basically non-existent outside of just setting up Ruby saving everyone and gave an excuse for the old woman to let them get away despite what they did. Idk for a finale it feels rather hollow compared to the rest of the season and feels like the kind of way the previous season's went down.

That said the ending was certainly interesting... Why exactly is Atlus prepared for an attack? My first thought is that maybe this might be a wild theory but could Watts be a double/triple agent? I think its possible hes playing Ironwood (who isn't the sharpest tool in the shed) and making him think that hes on his side and not really working for Salem when he really intents to completely take over the Atlas robot military with the virus they used in Season 3 (which theories point to him being the creator of). So he's told Ironwood that Salem is going to attack and he needs to be ready but really hes setting Atlas up to get crushed in one big fell swoop.

Also Salem is making Chimera's now, idk why thats a thing but it is. I hope this isn't a stupid tease about her doing things herself and she is actively going to participate in the battles going forward. If she doesn't take the reins herself next season I am going to be very disappointed as I feel like a proper confrontation with her is long overdue.

Sadly no kiss between Yang/Blake but they did hold hands again. Guess we'll have to see what happens from here. Feels like they are setting up a lot of things for next season. The tension between Atlas/Team RWBY not to mention Ozpin, reunions with various characters like Ironwood, Winter, hopefully Penny, ect. Then you've got Neo and Cinder heading to Atlas and trying to do their own thing while Salem also prepares for battle. This is to say nothing of the Atlas relic and the other two Maiden's whom we really don't know anything about yet but would be fitting if one of them is revealed soon but thats already a lot of ground to cover so I guess we'll have to see.

Also regarding Penny... I hope they just bring her back as she was and they don't make her either not remember anyone or worse have been 'changed' by her creator seeing her get destroyed and shes a bad guy now. She's a lighthearted and fun character that I think the show could really use as the tension and drama ramp up next season.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Considering I didn't expect them to wrap up both the mech fight and the Adam fight last episode, I wasn't expecting too much this episode. I really liked the Silver Eyes scene all the way through, especially how it didn't automatically win the fight alone.

Really looking forward to next season, hope it keeps up this level of quality

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guess RT don't care so much about RWBY anymore given how short this finale was. Genlock is the big animu in town now and it shows.
This is a really weird thing to say considering this entire volume, which seems to be regarded by a lot of people as one of it not the best, was probably in production at the exact same time as gen:LOCK.

Finale itself was fine in my opinion. We got some heartwarming shit, cool but not OP Silver Eyes, and Salem has an army of flying monkeys.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I found it to be another pretty boring, low-quality season at large (barring a few episodes like the first and 11-12), but at least better than Volume 5. The finale was just okay. It could have been even worse, but it didn't leave me wanting anymore either (a feeling I'm used to at this point).

In the worst news, I feel
Cinder is going to get Neo killed
next season.
Neo
is one of the only elements I've consistently liked about the show, so when that happens it's going to suck. If I were watching alone, I'd have dropped it long ago honestly. But SDBurton needs the moral support for Bumblebee!

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also I thought using Jin to get a quick time freeze was genuinely clever. I really wouldn't have thought of doing that.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this season really drilled home how much Ruby is growing while showing how much she has left to learn in regards to her potential as a leader and fighter.

Oct 27, 2017
London
I found it to be another pretty boring, low-quality season at large (barring a few episodes like the first and 11-12), but at least better than Volume 5. The finale was just okay. It could have been even worse, but it didn't leave me wanting anymore either (a feeling I'm used to at this point).

next season.
Neo
is one of the only elements I've consistently liked about the show, so when that happens it's going to suck. If I were watching alone, I'd have dropped it long ago honestly. But SDBurton needs the moral support for Bumblebee!

Have you been watching the same show? Volume 5 was the boring season, this was anything but.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Ending was a RWBY ending. Which with the exception of volume 1 were always disappointments.

But I don't care cause 10 - 12 had the best fight possibly ever in the series.

Overall I'd easily call it the best season. By far.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this was a sorta Volume 2 finale. Really hard to live up to the previous few episodes.

Using Jinn's time stop was really clever and we got that awesome shot of Ruby staring right into Grimmzilla's mouth.
I like that Silver eyes didn't 100% beat it as well. If Cordovin hadn't recovered and gone Gurren Lagann mode then they'd still be in trouble.
Post battle interactions were nice moments. Kiss already BY
Atlas looks amazing, a literal upper and lower class divide.

Could have been better but not bad. Overall the best volume of RWBY yet.

Oct 27, 2017
London
V7 predictions

Neo is going to kill Cinder I think by backstabbing her. Neo kicks ass as a fighter, Cinder used maiden powers as a crutch. Atlas is where all the shit will go down, V7 will be one action packed volume.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I dunno why people keep acting like Cinder isn't an amazing fighter. She's only ever been bested by maidens and everything she shows suggests she's great at what she does.
If neo kills cinder its purely by sneak attack. She's got no chance otherwise.

Cinder provdd she could hold her own against Neo even without a weapon. That's a level of skills where Maiden powers aren't a crutch

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im calling Cinder dying next volume. With Salem pulling a Thanos and getting of her ass they don't need her as an arch enemy any more.

Much like Adam in this volume her relevance and plot thread is coming to an end and I don't see her going quietly.
I dunno why people keep acting like Cinder isn't an amazing fighter. She's only ever been bested by maidens and everything she shows suggests she's great at what she does.
If neo kills cinder its purely by sneak attack. She's got no chance otherwise.

Cinder provdd she could hold her own against Neo even without a weapon. That's a level of skills where Maiden powers aren't a crutch
Ruby will probably Silver Eye Cinder and Neo will finish her while she's down.

Oct 27, 2017
London
Cinder is going to be overconfident and will get stabbed through the chest by Neo with her freakin parasol when she's not looking, calling it, they didn't bring back ice cream girl for nothing, Neo is cunning and that's Cinder's undoing

OP
OP
Geist

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with the general consensus, good season, meh ending. I generally dislike when they fight big enemies, and this was no exception. It just squanders the strength of the series which is well choreographed close combat duels.

Next volume is definitely going to be a milestone if they keep up this level of quality, I hope the fuckhueg battle between Atlas and the Grimm lives up to the hype.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
While this finale wasn't bad I am noticing a recurring pattern here of RT blowing their load in the two episodes prior to the finale and the Finale being pure set-up for the next Volume.

At least this wasn't like Vol 5 where half the volume was a single fight that had no real flow to it with the entire budget seeming to have gone to Raven vs. Cinder.

Anyway, here's hoping that with all this set-up and a solid setting for the show to stay in for awhile again instead of slow-paced travel-arcs (or worse, House Arcs), I hope Vol7 is back to Shonen RWBY again after three volumes of being distinctly NOT Shonen post-Monty. The last few fights of this volume showed decent signs to me that the potential is still there for good old fashioned Shonen fights.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

next season.
Neo

Let me just say that I appreciate you sticking it out with me!

Have you been watching the same show? Volume 5 was the boring season, this was anything but.

Between the weird cliffhangers and 'okay' finale, I'm kinda taken aback by people considering this volume to be one of the best. It wasn't terrible by any means, but yeah...

At a bar right now so I can't make a lengthy post but

I guess I should be happy with what I got with Bumblebee, but damn it I wish they gave us something more concrete...

Oct 27, 2017
London
Compared to 4 and 5 this season was almost on season 3 tier. But the short episode lenghts are really hurting it because you can only fit so much character development in 10 minutes. If I had to wait a week for season 4 and 5 episodes I would be tempted to drop the show out of sheer disappointment. Luckily I got into the show after season 4 and 5 aired.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
This season was far better than volume 3.

I feel like folks completely forget the first half of that season. Which was not great.

Like not even slightly.

Volume 6 is heads and shoulders above EVERYTHING else

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
This season was far better than volume 3.

I feel like folks completely forget the first half of that season. Which was not great.

Like not even slightly.

Volume 6 is heads and shoulders above EVERYTHING else

Yeah I don't get what people here like about the first half of volume 3. It's all the worst elements of Monty era RWBY at their worst.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't get what people here like about the first half of volume 3. It's all the worst elements of Monty era RWBY at their worst.

The tournament arc probably would have been better if Monty had a chance to work on it. It wouldn't have changed anything in the script, but the fights would have done more to carry the episodes.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Realizing something here- what if the reason Jinn told Oz he can't beat Salem is that Salem isn't the actual end boss?

I could see a scenario where Cinder gathers all of the maiden powers, becoming strong enough to destroy Salem, and takes over as the Big Bad of the series.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Realizing something here- what if the reason Jinn told Oz he can't beat Salem is that Salem isn't the actual end boss?

I could see a scenario where Cinder gathers all of the maiden powers, becoming strong enough to destroy Salem, and takes over as the Big Bad of the series.

That goes against how Jinn works. Like, completely

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I swear the best Volume of RWBY yet and you still got drama queens declaring the show "complete garbage" and throwing a hissy fit because they killed their edgelord self insert.

I swear I don't mind if you don't like the show but these people act like it's fucking Battlefield Earth.

Sorry for the rant just wanted to vent.

Oct 25, 2017
I swear the best Volume of RWBY yet and you still got drama queens declaring the show "complete garbage" and throwing a hissy fit because they killed their edgelord self insert.

I swear I don't mind if you don't like the show but these people act like it's fucking Battlefield Earth.

Sorry for the rant just wanted to vent.

Goes to show you how some people completely misinterpret the show and its characters. Adam was never meant to be seen as an anti-hero and really he was more focused as Blake's abusive, incel ex-boyfriend than he was as an embodiment of the WF's extremism.

Oct 27, 2017
London
I posted a Shaggy meme, I am sorry, art by lulu_chan92 posted on /r/RWBY: https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/alw2ei/zoinks_ruby_luluchan/

Be warned, Lulu Chan has some NSFW art up on his Twitter if you don't wanna see that, be forewarned in case you are browsing at work or something

8sscf3m2pud21.jpg

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that was a good volume.

I don't think it ended as well as Volume 3, but it was very good from beginning to end.

FUCKING THANK YOU

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Wait people are upset about Adam dying? The only times I've seen people upset about Adam are that he lasted this long and wasn't killed off sooner, or that there was a slim possibility of him coming back because he fell in a river.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Greetings RWBYEra. Wonder if any of you remember me?
Still haven't watched Volume 6. I should probably get around to that

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Speaking of Adam, someone posted a video on his descent to irrelevancy.

While I don't agree with putting the blame on Yang or Ilia, he was right on seeing where things went wrong. For me, the very moment was when he spoke "My love." To Blake. Not just the words in the way he said it. At that point, I thought he was a stoic, morally ambiguous character who was dedicated to the cause. He may have had a romantic relationship with Blake, but he was probably more upset with her betraying the cause rather than some love angst. Instead, I got the first example of his stalker tendencies.

I really wish they did the character justice. The writers could have made him a tragic character ala Killmonger. Instead, everyone ended up hating the bastard.