• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yoo RWBYera. Started watching the series after BBTAG was announced and now I'm a fan.
First two episodes of volume 5 have been pretty good so far.

Best girls:
1. Weiss
2. Neo
3. Blake

#NeoforBBTAG

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

D1USx78.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it was just me, but that Weiss vs. Grimm hoard fight in the latest episode left a lot to be desired. I thought that coming into Vol. 5 that RT learned from their shortcomings in Vol. 4 and this new season would have improved choreography (further brought home by the impressive Weiss character short released earlier this year) but man... the camera work and special effects felt super off to me. I guess I'll wait for an actual hand-to-hand combat scene to make any further judgment about the season as a whole.

Lucentto

Oct 25, 2017
I am curious how many characters they will put in BBTAG. I find it hard to believe they will only include the 4 main girls.

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
I am curious how many characters they will put in BBTAG. I find it hard to believe they will only include the 4 main girls.

I expect somewhere around 10. JNPR, a villain (Roman or Cinder) and some other character (Penny or Qrow). That could go a bit higher depending on how many new assets ArcSys want/are able to make.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also where is the (un)official RWBY Character quiz?!
I need to know if I'm more of a Jaune or a Penny. These are important questions.

Oct 25, 2017
1. Yang
2. Winter
3. Weiss
4. Nora
5. Ruby

Yang is the absolute best. Haven't seen much of Winter in the show, but I've really enjoyed what little we've gotten to see of her so far- she's not nearly as developed as a character as Weiss is, but she's just a blast. I like Blake in general, but she's taken a bit of a dive in my preferences list over the past year due to how aggravating her story arc has been handled since V4. Hopefully her (eventual) return to Team RWBY will help bring her back up the list for me. Pairing her off with Sun for a volume or two has been a miserable experience to date.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
1. Yang
2. Winter
3. Weiss
4. Nora
5. Ruby

Yang is the absolute best. Haven't seen much of Winter in the show, but I've really enjoyed what little we've gotten to see of her so far- she's not nearly as developed as a character as Weiss is, but she's just a blast. I like Blake in general, but she's taken a bit of a dive in my preferences list over the past year due to how aggravating her story arc has been handled since V4. Hopefully her (eventual) return to Team RWBY will help bring her back up the list for me. Pairing her off with Sun for a volume or two has been a miserable experience to date.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

lovelyperson

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, does any one know if RoosterTeeth First ever added subtitles to their videos? I'd like to be able to watch the show when they release the episodes, but I can't do that without subs. So for most of the run, I've been stuck with YouTube's aggravatingly long waits.

And yes,
Yang
is best girl.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, does any one know if RoosterTeeth First ever added subtitles to their videos? I'd like to be able to watch the show when they release the episodes, but I can't do that without subs. So for most of the run, I've been stuck with YouTube's aggravatingly long waits.

And yes,
Yang
is best girl.
Sorry man, just went a checked an episode but there is no option for subtitles. Kinda stupid to be honest.

Oct 26, 2017
Hey everyone, I managed to get in. Planning on marathoning season 4 and what's out for season 5 since I've been out of the RWBY loop for a while.

lovelyperson

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry man, just went a checked an episode but there is no option for subtitles. Kinda stupid to be honest.
Yeah, I figured as much. I signed up for a free trial for it a while ago and nothing on their website had subtitles.
Bums me out tho because I'd totally use their website rather than waiting on the old schedule of weekly episodes.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I figured as much. I signed up for a free trial for it a while ago and nothing on their website had subtitles.
Bums me out tho because I'd totally use their website rather than waiting on the old schedule of weekly episodes.
What makes it even more frustrating is, just doing a simple google search yields a result in a FAQ of there's a couple years ago, where the poster was asking the same thing as you were - they wanted to watch RWBY and RvB with subtitles. It got no responses whatsoever.

Doubly frustrating as RWBY Chibi has an ongoing gag with subtitles on YouTube, so it's not like there is no demand for their regular viewer base to be able to watch them with them. Even if they opened it up to site volunteers to transcribe the episode, it'd likely be done quickly.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought those were unofficial fan subs.
Oh I know, that's what the second part of the quote was alluding to; if the site were to allow volunteers to transcribe the episodes, much like with how RWBY Chibi is subtitled by fans, the task would be completed with no real effort on RT's part, and people like lovelyperson would likely get a subtitled version hours after it goes live.

Oct 25, 2017
NC
Don't mind me, RWBY Resetters, just making myself comfy.

Wipes dust off empty seat and sits down with a sharp inhale...

Got into RWBY after binging Chibi.....six times in fact. Great show. Love season 5 so far.

Favorite RWBY character: Yang, Blake

Favorite RWBY Chibi character: Penny, Neo, Ren, Nora, Jaune, Blake, Sun, Neptune. Ooooh and Velvet.

Also a junior detective two parter would be hilarious.

Jin

Oct 25, 2017

Got into RWBY after binging Chibi.....six times in fact. Great show. Love season 5 so far.

Favorite RWBY Chibi character: Penny, Neo, Ren, Nora, Jaune, Blake, Sun, Neptune. Ooooh and Velvet.

Welcome to the club!

Get yourself a coffee and enjoy the show (and ships)

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Welcome! Glad to have you. :)

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why I decided to watch the season 5 Yang short before even starting season 4 but the first thing I noticed is that the character models are a lot more detailed and expressive than in previous seasons.

Man I'm so glad you're here! :D

Me too. :p

I was a little worried that I might not be able to get on. And it looks like everyone has settled in fine.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why I decided to watch the season 5 Yang short before even starting season 4 but the first thing I noticed is that the character models are a lot more detailed and expressive than in previous seasons.

Me too. :p

I was a little worried that I might not be able to get on. And it looks like everyone has settled in fine.

Minor spoilers in the Blake one, just giving you fair warning. Weiss doesn't really spoil all that much for someone going in blind, like I say steer clear of Blake's.

Edit:

And since my top 3 was a bit of a joke post:

1. Neo
2. Weiss
3. Ruby

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Got into RWBY after binging Chibi.....six times in fact.
You watched Chibi first?

I remembering watching the first episode when it first came out and then forgetting to watch the rest. Later I was asked to watch Vol. 1 in theatres and got to experience it all there. Watched Vol. 2 in theatres as well, but couldn't wait for the Vol. 3 showing so I binged that before seeing it on the big screen. I think Vol. 4 came out not long after? I was whenever those movie showings were going on.

Oct 25, 2017
Adam is edge incarnate ... At the moment he really just feels like a kid throwing a tantrum
I guess they will go more indepth about it later
My problem is RT has done everything in the book to make him look like a POS without adding any redeeming qualities to his character. He's basically a natural disaster. After 5 seasons I'd expect something lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that scene did nothing for me.

In my opinion Adam is by far the worst written villain in the series.

Nah, the worst villain of the show will always be Beacon Arc-era Cinder. Her fem!Aizen routine got boring quick.

Despite being a constant edgelord and his involvement in the White Fang subplot being rather boring, Adam should at least get points as a villain for how he's portrayed in regards to Blake and Yang. The show's done a rather good job of demonstrating him as an abuser to Blake and establishing him now as basically being Yang's foil and newfound Boogeyman.

Basically Adam works really well on the micro-level, regardless if half of his lines seem they should be coming from Shadow the Hedgehog.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, the worst villain of the show will always be Beacon Arc-era Cinder. Her fem!Aizen routine got boring quick.

Despite being a constant edgelord and his involvement in the White Fang subplot being rather boring, Adam should at least get points as a villain for how he's portrayed in regards to Blake and Yang. The show's done a rather good job of demonstrating him as an abuser to Blake and establishing him now as basically being Yang's foil and newfound Boogeyman.

Basically Adam works really well on the micro-level, regardless if half of his lines seem they should be coming from Shadow the Hedgehog.

I can only agree. I'd bring up her vocal presence too, Cinder's temporary silence was the best performance she gave up to that point. Since then her normal tone, at least with Salem, has been given a better script/delivery than the Dick Dastardly tone-equivalent in earlier seasons. Then again, once or if she regains all confidence back, I'm hoping there's not too much of a resurgence.

If they're right, what's left?

Last edited: