• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Anyone else think the name Ace OPs is stupid?
I agree. The name sounds awkward when said out loud.

What are everyone's favourite emblem designs? For me its:

1. Adam's (I'm sure people have noticed a trend in my rankings)
2. Ruby's
3. Summer Rose's
4. Blake's
5. Neo's
6. Emerald's
7. Scarlet/Sage's
8. Taiyang's
9. Yang's
10. Sienna's

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
IRC, CRWBY said the Atlus arc is gonna be a bit, Volum 8 is gonna be longer and 9 shorter to compensate

The cast size if fine for a multi Volume arc. If Ironwood was just relying on Winter and Penny people would be baffled that a General with a full Military at his command didnt have more subordinates

Oct 25, 2017

IMO, this is probably the worst OP because of the fact it feels so anime. Like it's leaning way to hard on anime tropes. I liked that Ace Ops sequence and I think the relic of creation behind Monty's name is a nice touch.

Also I really don't like the low frame shadows at the end.

Right now the ranking to me is

1) Rising
2) Time to say goodbye
3) When it falls
4) Lets just live
5) This will be the day
6) Triumph
7) Trust love? (I think that's what the song is called)

Last edited:

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
IMO, this is probably the worst OP because of the fact it feels so anime. Like it's leaning way to hard on anime tropes. I liked that Ace Ops sequence and I think the relic of creation behind Monty's name is a nice touch.

Also I really don't like the low frame shadows at the end.

Right now the ranking to me is

1) Rising
2) Time to say goodbye
3) When it falls
4) Lets just live
5) This will be the day
6) Triumph
7) Trust love? (I think that's what the song is called)

Come on, you didn't like the reference to the opening from the 1986 Ninja Turtles?

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
I really want to know why the openings have been so mediocre since Volume 3. Is the animation made before the song is composed? Regardless, I really wish they would get more creative with the openings. Maybe it's time for a shift in the opening song's genre.
I could see the villains(Watts or Schee) reprogramming Penny and she goes berserk.
I would really hate it if they pulled that shit.

Last edited:

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
Ace Ops is good and made me laugh when I realized, plus it fits in perfectly.

As for OPs, I think Triumph is still my #1, Rising grew on me a lot, and Trust Love is very Classic Anime, which is fine. I haven't thought about the older ones recently.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I really want to know why the openings have been so mediocre since Volume 3. Is the animation made before the song is composed? Regardless, I really wish they would get more creative with the openings. Maybe it's time for a shift in the opening song's genre.

I would really hate it if they pulled that shit.

Bite your tongue. Vol 4's opening was awesome.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
You know, something just hit me. RWBY is the only female-focused shonen in ages (I think since Soul Eater? And I don't even think SE was female focused; it just had a female protagonist) and it wasn't even made in Japan.

Come on Japan. Give us more female shonen.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
You know, something just hit me. RWBY is the only female-focused shonen in ages (I think since Soul Eater? And I don't even think SE was female focused; it just had a female protagonist) and it wasn't even made in Japan.

You like cheesy over-the-top anime bullshit? You like girls doing cool things? You like good music that adds a lot to the story, full of meaningful lyrics?

Watch Symphogear.

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Bite your tongue. Vol 4's opening was awesome.
I wouldn't say awesome but I do love the song, just wish the animation was storyboarded/edited better. It is probably the overall second best opening to the series.
You like cheesy over-the-top anime bullshit? You like girls doing cool things? You like good music that adds a lot to the story, full of meaningful lyrics?

Watch Symphogear.
You forgot to mention the fanservice and edginess. (Which I'm glad RWBY doesn't have.)

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
the city

and then they evacuate some people to the coliseum and fly it to Vacuo after shit goes bad
I didn't even consider that but I think you are onto something. If Atlas falls (literally) then everyone in Mantle is dead.

This has probably been pointed out but Mantle and Atlas are totally homages to Battle Angel Alita's Scrapyard and Tiphares.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
People say RWBY has no edginess...Adam anyone?
Also, is RWBY shonen? It is published by shonen jump, so I guess it is

Medaka Box exist

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
If RWBY were an anime or manga, his abuse of Blake would have been shown or talked about in graphic detail. Adam is a dull boxcutter.

If RWBY were my Hero Academia Adam would either be redeemed or his abuse of Blake would be completely unpunished, with Blake fawning over him and admiring him.

Also I'd say Mercury is pretty edgy. The lyrics of "I'm The One".

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
If RWBY were an anime or manga, his abuse of Blake would have been shown or talked about in graphic detail. Adam is a dull boxcutter.
Yeah, he's flatter than cardboard. On that note, there does seem to be some fans, mainly on twitter who think the abuse was like that as they say he was a pedo. It's doubtful seeing as there is no way RT would depict that in a comic or promote a character with merchandise in that way with that can of worms. As well, these people were saying things even if he's like 2 years older than Blake, he's still going after a kid or something, so it seems like those saying it are more interested in just giving Blake more angst for their fanfics than the implications that go with that

Also, I have hope anime wouldn't be depraved enough to have sexualized shots of Blake in her fight with her abuser

Last edited: