• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

RWBYERA |OT| Volume 7: Atlas Shipped

OP
OP
Geist

Geist

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone here watched Doctor Sleep yet? Interestingly enough, I noticed some minor RWBY references in the film, to the point where it becomes part of the character/plot in a way.

Spoilers for the movie:

Abra's room is adorned with RWBY posters, and on her nightstand features an Emerald Sustrai figurine. The camera pans over to and lingers on this figure in one scene. Later, Abra demonstrates her power to create illusions with her shining ability, and during one of these sequences, she disguises herself with a bob cut and colored hair styled similarly to Emerald to deceive the main villain.
Is it sad that I just saw this entirely because you mentioned RWBY references?

It was surprisingly ok, I don't regret it.

SapphiCine

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he's flatter than cardboard. On that note, there does seem to be some fans, mainly on twitter who think the abuse was like that as they say he was a pedo. It's doubtful seeing as there is no way RT would depict that in a comic or promote a character with merchandise in that way with that can of worms. As well, these people were saying things even if he's like 2 years older than Blake, he's still going after a kid or something, so it seems like those saying it are more interested in just giving Blake more angst for their fanfics than the implications that go with that

Also, I have hope anime wouldn't be depraved enough to have sexualized shots of Blake in her fight with her abuser
Never put anything past anime.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
A bit sad there wasn't a new clothes/weapons/looks reactions part but eh.

Ace Ops are cool. Quite fond of Elm, Harriet and Marrow so far. Vine's semblance weirds me out but it's neat. Clover also is cool but I'm not sure if I trust him...

Wonder what's up with Ruby's semblance...

Obligatory bees good comment but Qrow??? Is what I think is happening actually happening???

Oct 25, 2017
A bit sad there wasn't a new clothes/weapons/looks reactions part but eh.

Ace Ops are cool. Quite fond of Elm, Harriet and Marrow so far. Vine's semblance weirds me out but it's neat. Clover also is cool but I'm not sure if I trust him...

Wonder what's up with Ruby's semblance...

Obligatory bees good comment but Qrow??? Is what I think is happening actually happening???
I don't think they are setting up for Qrow and Clover to be a thing. I think it's Qrow reacting to the fact Clover literally has the opposite semblance. Might be jealousy

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This episode hit all the right notes for me. Blushing bees gives me life.

But holy shit at Crow x Clover? Are they really gonna pull the trigger?!

DO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

DragonSJG

Mar 4, 2019

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
WELL THEN.

Looks like Shonen RWBY is finally back after three years of absence.

Nice to see Semblances actually mattering again after their slow fade into irrelevance in Volume 4.

Also

If I was paying attention to things right, looks like Tyrian just set up Mantle to erupt into wide-scale riots? I assume that was the Opposition Leader guy he murdered, right?

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
WELL THEN.

Nice to see Semblances actually mattering again after their slow fade into irrelevance in Volume 4.

Also

If I was paying attention to things right, looks like Tyrian just set up Mantle to erupt into wide-scale riots? I assume that was the Opposition Leader guy he murdered, right?
Isn't Robyn the leader of the opposition?

Oct 25, 2017
WELL THEN.

Also

No, he murdered a follower of the opposition leader. I think it's going to get some coverage considering the guy was a vocal supporter of Robin Hyll and got arrested before Tyrian killed him

RecRoulette

Oct 25, 2017
So Tyrian seems to be murdering supporters of Robyn huh, good way to cause riots, especially since dude JUST got arrested.

Also I got a huge grin on my face because LANDING STRATEGIES ARE BACK BABY

the shipping community probably loved this episode
That Qrow and Clover scene made me go "Oh no they're gonna run with this

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
My favorite part was Ruby getting called out on her hypocrisy by Oscar. That was sorely needed. Vilifying Ozpin for something you turn around and do a volume later ain't it.

Other than that......I kinda still don't like the new designs, especially Yang's. The new Ops team is cool!

Last edited:

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fast woman with power armor literally shoryukens a ghost

She hit all the right boxes.

Her and Marrow are my favorites of that group. I like the idea of Clover, but his design is weird.
Yes! That scene was so cool! Her VA is doing an incredible job too.

Out of the Ace Ops my favorites are Harriet and Elm. Harriet because she's reeks of cool, and Elm because she comes off as a lovable goof.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I'd recommend using spoiler boxes since people don't have first or VRV

Being fair, Ruby never chastized Ozpin for lying to them. It was Yang and Qrow. And thankfully it was Yang who raised problems with what Ruby did
It was Ruby who ultimately asked Jinn straight up to reveal what Ozpin was hiding from them. So to me, that act shows a major judgement of mistrust. I do hope Ruby is considering carefully when it comes to truth versus lies.

I did like that Yang at least brought up the issue too, that was good.