• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

I dream of a day where characters in this show will just be able to talk with one another without 1/2 the fanbase losing their minds over the potential "romantic implication" of the conversation.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm annoyed.

- Rosegarden is creepy af. Oscar has Ozpin inside of him (who has probably taken over Oscar's body at this point and is just using his voice to stay undercover), which again would mean that Ozpin would be trying get with Ruby, which suuuuuper gross.

- Stop pussyfooting around with Yang and Blake and show where they are at in their goddamn relationship. Using Ren and Nora as their proxy is stupid at best, and lazy as fuck at worst.

Like, would it have killed them to do anything, ANYTHING else? Ffs.
so long as they don't chicken out with it i'm fine that they're not rushing things with yang and blake, they both still have a lot of emotional baggage regarding what happened both with each other and with adam so i think it makes sense that they're trying to just be there for each other and are slowly feeling this thing that they're developing out, after all this dynamic they have is fairly new for both of them, and i think it might be a case of both of them not wanting to move too fast

as for oscar and ruby, i wouldn't worry too much about Oz, since personally with the way things have been built up i think Ozpin will eventually will fade away after entrusting the future to oscar and the others. I don't really see this as a hard push for oscar/ruby anyway, and more just general teenage awkwardness.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

I dream of a day where characters in this show will just be able to talk with one another without 1/2 the fanbase losing their minds over the potential "romantic implication" of the conversation.

Welcome to the RWBY fandom
You think that's bad, you should see the MHA fandom,
So uh, what happened to Ren being stern with IronWood and the aftermath of that kiss?

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
so long as they don't chicken out with it i'm fine that they're not rushing things with yang and blake, they both still have a lot of emotional baggage regarding what happened both with each other and with adam so i think it makes sense that they're trying to just be there for each other and are slowly feeling this thing that they're developing out, after all this dynamic they have is fairly new for both of them, and i think it might be a case of both of them not wanting to move too fast

as for oscar and ruby, i wouldn't worry too much about Oz, since personally with the way things have been built up i think Ozpin will eventually will fade away after entrusting the future to oscar and the others. I don't really see this as a hard push for oscar/ruby anyway, and more just general teenage awkwardness.
90 percent of Blake and Yang's dialogue and action this volume has been constant reminders of "Hey remember that I like Blake?", and "Hey, remember that I like Yang?" What more do shippers want?

Antoo

May 1, 2019
How's this season so far? Haven't started yet and at this point will just wait till it all comes out.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How's this season so far? Haven't started yet and at this point will just wait till it all comes out.

I've liked it so far but as others have said, a lot of set up.
I've thought the pace of this season has been really fast despite that and I wonder if watching it all at once will make that stand out more

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
so apparently Jaques Schnee wears a clip on tie...disgusting

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
So who do people think will be the first to die in this volume? My bets are on one of the Ace-Ops (leaning towards Vine) or Pietro.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
Also betting on one of the Ace Ops (Clover).

I feel like Jacques is gonna get saved somehow.

Really hoping the don't pull some bs and it's Penny. Again.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Since it was a subject a few weeks ago

I don't think anyone in the Ace Ops is a traitor or spy. What I do think, however, is that Watts will compromise them and get them to turn against eachother - Quite possibly trying to root out who they think might be the "Traitor".

Likely by way of another doctored video being dropped by Watts like the Penny one, but the implicated character having no alibi to properly cover for themselves with.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Though honestly my bet for the next major named character to die is Ironwood sometime in volume 8

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
Damn the upcoming episodes are gonna be hectic going by the last few mins of this one.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Oz can't destroy Salem because Cinder is going to gather all the maiden powers and kill Salem herself, becoming the final boss

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, I'm impressed at how competent everyone is.

Cinder and Neo are the true wild cards that could fuck everything up

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I finally started watching volume 6 after ignoring it for like a year and godDAMN Adam got fucked lol. For some reason I wasn't expecting him to die, especially not so violently. He went out like such a bitch. I almost feel sorry.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: Adam was a good villain who served his purpose well

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
What's the take on the Blake and Yang romance? I'm not a fan. It's cute I guess but it felt forced and I don't like those two anyway.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's the take on the Blake and Yang romance? I'm not a fan. It's cute I guess but it felt forced and I don't like those two anyway.
There my least favorite members of the team so I've never been particularly interested in them being a couple but it's cute and I think there handling at it at a decent pace myself.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Like most romance in RWBY, not written well. I don't care for it as a ship, I more honestly dislike its fandom who treat it like its the greatest romance ever created and any form of criticism on it is forbidden

I feel like a lot of shippers are like this to make it seem so deep and complex/OTP:

Also, people don't wanna hear me talk about Adam, so all I'll say is I feel like he's too self-contained as a villain. Only two of our heroes know him unlike say Jacque, who is part of the plot/known

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Yang is the best character in RWBY and I will die on that hill.

As for Blake/Yang I think its honestly fairly well done for this type of show.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I like Blake and Yang individually but yeah as a couple I agree with your statement. Not helping is how people treat it like the Holy Grail of RWBY and literary masterpiece or something. Why do you think its forced?

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
F/F pairs in media, especially animation, are still difficult to come by.

Yes, there has been a lot of work done in animations in recent years, thanks to shows like Steven Universe and She-ra, but back in 2013 when the show aired, we didn't have much.

I like it a lot, but most of it comes from Yang being my favorite character and also wanting to see myself (a mixed, queer woman) in media. I got attached, basically. I wouldn't call it amazing, but it's very appealing, in a way.

RWBY does have a pretty high percentage of named queer woman though, so it's pretty good in that respect...

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I like Blake and Yang individually but yeah as a couple I agree with your statement. Not helping is how people treat it like the Holy Grail of RWBY and literary masterpiece or something. Why do you think its forced?

Maybe I didn't pay enough attention but they just didn't seem to have much romantic chemistry leading up to it. They fought that time in season 4 or 5 I guess? Idk. I just don't care for it. It feels natural now that they're together though.

Weird way of saying Weiss

Weiss is basically the only one in the team I like lol.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Maybe I didn't pay enough attention but they just didn't seem to have much romantic chemistry leading up to it. They fought that time in season 4 or 5 I guess? Idk. I just don't care for it. It feels natural now that they're together though.

Weiss is basically the only one in the team I like lol.

Same. I don't think they have enough interactions in Vol 1-3 to set them up as a romantic couple. I mean Yang's angst over Blake in Vol 5 to me felt like "okay, when were they established as super-close?" . To this day I don't even know WHY they like each exactly. The same applies to Arkos as well.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Don't underestimate my dedication to bad wordplay. I'm not even kitten over here. I'm armed to the teeth with em. I can be Weiss cold if I want to be. I've Red every bad joke book there is.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't underestimate my dedication to bad wordplay. I'm not even kitten over here. I'm armed to the teeth with em. I can be Weiss cold if I want to be. I've Red every bad joke book there is.
InWb3Bk.png

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
this season had too many characters, and not enough of them are fleshed out. The Ace Ops are pretty flat