• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Same. I don't think they have enough interactions in Vol 1-3 to set them up as a romantic couple. I mean Yang's angst over Blake in Vol 5 to me felt like "okay, when were they established as super-close?" . To this day I don't even know WHY they like each exactly. The same applies to Arkos as well.

Traumatic/major life events do a hell of a job binding people together, whether the connection is completely there or not.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
The reactions i've been seeing make the episode sound great

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Probably going to be one of the best episodes of the entire series. Goddamn

RWBY vs Ace Ops
Qrow/Robyn vs Clover
Winter vs Neo/Cinder

Goddamn the end of this season will be ridiculous.

And I know "No body=no kill" but there's no goddamn way Ironwood spared Watts

Edit

I forgot, Neo/Cinder were looking for the lamp not the maiden (yet), so maybe Winter was able to pull it off. Oscar definitely ran into Neo though

Last edited:

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
So those scrapped robots - Oz is back.

What, you think Ironwood tried to have Oscar arrested and he successfully fought back?

Hmm, it'll be interesting if it turns out the Oscar vs. Ironwood in the OP isn't a sparring session like most of us thought and an actual Oscar vs. Ironwood.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cinder is the smug villain who thinks she steps ahead of everyone but is shocked when her plans backfire.
That really sums it up and it's why I hope she doesn't BS into the main villain spot. Cinder's entire character so far is thinking she's better then anyone else and then getting her ass kicked.

She has this air of self-superiority an I don't feel she has the charisma to pull that off.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
That really sums it up and it's why I hope she doesn't BS into the main villain spot. Cinder's entire character so far is thinking she's better then anyone else and then getting her ass kicked.

She has this air of self-superiority an I don't feel she has the charisma to pull that off.

It's still a mystery why Emerald is so devoted to her.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
I think this scenario will put to the test if Ironwood is properly paranoid or just an idiot with an army.

The smart thing would to have a Killswitch or other sort of failsafe in place on where the Winter Maiden is kept to make sure she's dead before any possible thief is able to break in and get visual-contact with her. The place is under how many layers of security? Surely there has to be some mechanism in place to account for the very real possibility of someone (Cinder) breaching all that with brute-force.

Also, I've been meaning to say this but this episode forced the issue:

Ironwood is making some very bold assumptions when he thinks that taking Amity (and now, Atlas) to THE ONE PLACE THAT HASN'T BEEN CORRUPTED BY CAPITALISM - SPACE I'm sorry I had to make that joke would make it actually safe from the Grimm and Salem. Has he actually tested properly if Grimm need Oxygen to survive? I doubt it. Nevermind all the other possible machinations Salem could engage in to counter such a plan. Nevermind that the Siege Warfare that Ironwood is planning to engage in here has historically never gone well for the defending side. Any planning for a retreat into Space would have been plotted around the pre-existing population and provisions of Atlas, which went completely out the window when all the refugees got brought aboard.

And there's always the big possibility that Salem was completely bluffing in that little show of hers and the real attack she just pulled off was getting them to turn on eachother so quickly and make such a strategically boneheaded decision as putting Atlas into space.

Oct 25, 2017
Cinder is the smug villain who thinks she steps ahead of everyone but is shocked when her plans backfire.

Yeah. I don't really know, but it doesn't feel satisfying watching Cinder's plans backfire because she doesn't learn from it and instead triples down on them.

It's still a mystery why Emerald is so devoted to her.

Emerald feels indebted to her because Cinder got her off a life of poverty. The problem is Emerald doesn't see their relationship as abusive. She is basically Blake who never realized Adam was abusive.

Oct 25, 2017
I think this scenario will put to the test if Ironwood is properly paranoid or just an idiot with an army.

The smart thing would to have a Killswitch or other sort of failsafe in place on where the Winter Maiden is kept to make sure she's dead before any possible thief is able to break in and get visual-contact with her. The place is under how many layers of security? Surely there has to be some mechanism in place to account for the very real possibility of someone (Cinder) breaching all that with brute-force.

Also, I've been meaning to say this but this episode forced the issue:

Ironwood is making some very bold assumptions when he thinks that taking Amity (and now, Atlas) to THE ONE PLACE THAT HASN'T BEEN CORRUPTED BY CAPITALISM - SPACE I'm sorry I had to make that joke would make it actually safe from the Grimm and Salem. Has he actually tested properly if Grimm need Oxygen to survive? I doubt it. Nevermind all the other possible machinations Salem could engage in to counter such a plan. Nevermind that the Siege Warfare that Ironwood is planning to engage in here has historically never gone well for the defending side. Any planning for a retreat into Space would have been plotted around the pre-existing population and provisions of Atlas, which went completely out the window when all the refugees got brought aboard.

And there's always the big possibility that Salem was completely bluffing in that little show of hers and the real attack she just pulled off was getting them to turn on eachother so quickly and make such a strategically boneheaded decision as putting Atlas into space.

The concept of the killswitch does have ethical ramifications. The winter maiden is in critical condition, but Ironwoods current method was to transfer the powers over in an ethical sense where he restricted all contact she had and Winter was the only one who was allowed to see her. But now that things have hit the fan he has sent Winter to basically go kill the Winter Maiden to get her powers.

As for space, I think they've established in the lore/side material that grimm and dust can't work or survive at a certain point.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Worst Villians

1. Adam Taurus
2. Cinder Fall
3. Leo Lionheart
4. Hazel
5.The Fennec Brothers

Last edited:

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
While I'll always stand by fighting not being required for any entertaining developments, it's one of the only redeemable aspects RWBY has when it's executed fairly. I'll give props on the
Ironwood/Watts fight. It wasn't fast-paced, but it didn't involve many swords, instead using firearms, which was refreshing. The gravity mechanic
was at least vaguely interesting (unlike the shitty mech fight last season).

Props to SDBurton (and the world at large) calling the stupid internal conflict made to undermine new characters. Events blessed straight from the book of poor writing as usual. Probably the best episode this season, saying nothing.

Last edited:

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
Mercury is great, his scene last Volume with Emerald when he bluntly points out Cinder doesn't give a shit about either of them, plus his backstory were so good.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Maybe, I should've replaced Mercury with the Fennec Brothers?
That's better. But it seems like you have issues with Mercury. Why.

Mercury is great, his scene last Volume with Emerald when he bluntly points out Cinder doesn't give a shit about either of them, plus his backstory were so good.

Yep. That was one of the best scenes in the show period.

In a way Mercury kind of reminds me of an evil Sonic The Hedgehog. I don't why though. Also I hope they animate flashback where he fights his dad.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While I'll always stand by fighting not being required for any entertaining developments, it's one of the only things RWBY has when it does it alright. I'll give props on the
Ironwood/Watts fight. It wasn't fast-paced, but it didn't involve many swords which was refreshing and the gravity mechanic

Props to SDBurton (and the world at large) calling the stupid internal conflict made to undermine new characters. Events blessed straight from the book of poor writing as usual. Probably the best episode this season, saying nothing.
No offense but why are you still watching this show?

You do nothing but complain about everything and you seem to even hate aspects that the usually divisive fandom mostly agree to enjoy.

Like I don't want to tell you that you HAVE to like it but when you have nothing but complaints for three straight seasons I have to wonder why you're still here.

On you're actual post I hardly see how the conflict is stupid or bad writing.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Without a doubt one of the better, if not best, episode of the season

Ironwood v. Watts fight was pretty damn awesome. Loved the use of the gravity panels.

A Winter v. Cinder/Neo fight? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Winter most likely dying? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I was wondering when Blake & Yang's decision to fill Robin in were gonna come back and bite the gang in the ass. lol

Man...I really don't want Winter to die. T_T

And thank you Ultimadrago for the shoutout! :D

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
That's better. But it seems like you have issues with Mercury. Why.

Yep. That was one of the best scenes in the show period.

In a way Mercury kind of reminds me of an evil Sonic The Hedgehog. I don't why though. Also I hope they animate flashback where he fights his dad.

I forget that Mercury isn't the same evil loving asshole from the Fall of Beacon.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the first fight of this episode is just really well done.

It felt really unique in terms of it's setting use, the weapon use, etc. It didn't need to have "flashy choreography" because the concept of the fight was just cool.

Also, I really wasn't feeling any of the V7 vocal tracks but the one that played this episode is a banger.

Oct 27, 2017
London
While I'll always stand by fighting not being required for any entertaining developments, it's one of the only redeemable aspects RWBY has when it's executed fairly. I'll give props on the
Ironwood/Watts fight. It wasn't fast-paced, but it didn't involve many swords, instead using firearms, which was refreshing. The gravity mechanic

You don't have to watch the show if you hate it so much dude. You enjoy absolutely nothing about it from the constant complaining about literally everything so why are you wasting your time? Sorry, but it's getting really tiresome.

TFW when you're not a First sub so you are lagging behind, gonna watch the newest free episode now. I'm pretty sure they should just kill Cinder already because she is useless as a villain and always messes up. Only Adam Taurus is a worse villain. I'd like to see more of Mercury and Emerald but sadly they are just chilling in the Salem castle right now.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Speaking of Cinder, when do you think we'll get her backstory? Part of the reason she's so bad is because we know nothing about her and it makes her come off as too one-dimensional. Hell we've learned about Tyrian, Watts, Hazel, AND Salem before her which is jarring as Cinder has been with us since VOL 1. There's no excuse as last volume we got Mercury's backstory. The companion book hints it's like Cinderella's or something but that's too vague.

You don't have to watch the show if you hate it so much dude. You enjoy absolutely nothing about it from the constant complaining about literally everything so why are you wasting your time? Sorry, but it's getting really tiresome.

TFW when you're not a First sub so you are lagging behind, gonna watch the newest free episode now. I'm pretty sure they should just kill Cinder already because she is useless as a villain and always messes up. Only Adam Taurus is a worse villain. I'd like to see more of Mercury and Emerald but sadly they are just chilling in the Salem castle right now.

As much as Adam sucks how is he worse than Cinder? At least we actually know his motivation and backstory to an extent.

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Cinder, when do you think we'll get her backstory? Part of the reason she's so bad is because we know nothing about her and it makes her come off as too one-dimensional. Hell we've learned about Tyrian, Watts, Hazel, AND Salem before her which is jarring as Cinder has been with us since VOL 1. There's no excuse as last volume we got Mercury's backstory. The companion book hints it's like Cinderella's or something but that's too vague.

As much as Adam sucks how is he worse than Cinder? At least we actually know his motivation and backstory to an extent.

Probably Volume 8

Or they might hint at something in these next 2 episodes, I just hope they don't do it in a way like they did with Hazel.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Hazel's motivation for working with Salem made no sense. Hazel wants revenge for his sister's death but he's okay with helping the people who were responsible for her death. I thought he was playing the role of the noble anti-villain in Salem's faction but he turned into the Juggernaut when he sees Ozpin.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Hazel's motivation for working with Salem made no sense. Hazel wants revenge for his sister's death but he's okay with helping the people who were responsible for her death. I thought he was playing the role of the noble anti-villain in Salem's faction but he turned into the Juggernaut when he sees Ozpin.

Not to mention how he's a massive hypocrite as he has no problem putting other families through the trauma he himself went through.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
this show needs more Zwei
tumblr_ojfxf7SMuY1s846hwo1_500.gifv

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

If he feels that the episodes this volume could be better then he has the right to voice those opinions. No one had issue with this when damn near everyone were shitting on previous volumes. lmao

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If he feels that the episodes this volume could be better then he has the right to voice those opinions. No one had issue with this when damn near everyone were shitting on previous volumes. lmao
I mean I did but that's beside the point. No ones saying he has to like the show and he can't voice his opinions, but when those opinions have been universal negative for a long time now, I really have to wonder why they're still here. I don't know about you but if I hated every single thing a show did, even the stuff the fanbase generally likes, for like three seasons I'd probably stop watching.

I also don't like their frequent use of "bad writing" but that's another topic of discussion.