• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I did but that's beside the point. No ones saying he has to like the show and he can't voice his opinions, but when those opinions have been universal negative for a long time now, I really have to wonder why they're still here. I don't know about you but if I hated every single thing a show did, even the stuff the fanbase generally likes, for like three seasons I'd probably stop watching.

I also don't like their frequent use of "bad writing" but that's another topic of discussion.

That is exactly the point.

Not everyone is going to be a fan of each volume, and there will be people who will not like a number of volumes and that's okay. Just take his opinion as it is: an opinion, and keep it moving.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That is exactly the point.

Not everyone is going to be a fan of each volume, and there will be people who will not like a number of volumes and that's okay. Just take his opinion as it is: an opinion, and keep it moving.
Ok but there's opinions and then there's two straight years of negativity.

Again I'm not telling them to go away I'm asking why there still here watching a show they've never said a good thing about. I don't know about you but if I hate a show that much I usually stop watching it.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
hmm for me I'd say at the moment
volume 6 >= 7 > second half of 3 > 5 > 4 > first half of 3 > 2 > 1

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Cinder is even more one dimensional than Adam. All she is is "I'm bad, hehehe"
But people are dumb as they are playing into Salem's hands

Oct 25, 2017
He's okay with killing a child as long as he gets his revenge on Ozpin.

I'm just going to say that how they executed the dripfeed of Hazel's backstory is one of the worst writing decisions they made.

There is OBVIOUSLY more to it. Because the idea that Hazel is working for Salem because Ozpin got his sister killed while fighting grimm makes no sense. However, this is the takeaway the audience gets because of how they literally explain nothing and Ozpin looks like he did nothing wrong.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's not a bad idea to have someone whose grief over the loss of a loved one drove him to join the bad guys, but the way it was executed made it look like Hazel is basically disrespecting his sister's decision to put her life on the line for others...not a good look

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's not a bad idea to have someone whose grief over the loss of a loved one drove him to join the bad guys, but the way it was executed made it look like Hazel is basically disrespecting his sister's decision to put her life on the line for others...not a good look

On paper, the idea of a character being driven by irrational grief is fine. It can be annoying (I watched Vinland Saga and I am just screaming at the main character because he is literally doing everything the person he wants to avenge told him not to do) but it makes sense on paper.

But the fact Ozpin waives the whole thing away by saying "it was a training exercise" is what makes Hazel look stupid.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
On paper, the idea of a character being driven by irrational grief is fine. It can be annoying (I watched Vinland Saga and I am just screaming at the main character because he is literally doing everything the person he wants to avenge told him not to do) but it makes sense on paper.

But the fact Ozpin waives the whole thing away by saying "it was a training exercise" is what makes Hazel look stupid.
it would make a lot more sense if it was implied that Hazel was convinced that Ozpin sent her on a particularly dangerous mission that someone of her experience clearly wouldn't be ready for

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Man I hope Watts is still around cuz if not, then he's also wasted/underdeveloped

Anyone else think Ruby's breakdown was weird. One minute she freaks out, then gets up as if nothing happened

Oct 25, 2017
Man I hope Watts is still around cuz if not, then he's also wasted/underdeveloped

Anyone else think Ruby's breakdown was weird. One minute she freaks out, then gets up as if nothing happened

I was looking around the reddit and some people think Ruby's breakdown was because of something Salem did to her. This is because her eyes start sparking and flickering. Like you said, it kinda comes out of nowhere... which is why I think it's more than Ruby just breaking down on her own

Oct 25, 2017
it would make a lot more sense if it was implied that Hazel was convinced that Ozpin sent her on a particularly dangerous mission that someone of her experience clearly wouldn't be ready for

I mean, the writers have said in their opinion Hazel has the most sympathetic backstory of the villains. But I think they genuinely botched the execution of it. V5 did some real damage to this show.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the writers have said in their opinion Hazel has the most sympathetic backstory of the villains. But I think they genuinely botched the execution of it. V5 did some real damage to this show.
While I do really like Volume 5(it has a lot of great Yang moments sue me lol) I will say the pacing and execution really could be improved a lot.

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda hope it doesn't happen. Then we'll have another rehash of Cinder overestimating herself and failing. Again. Yipee.

We are basically stuck between

1) She fails again because she underestimated people

2) She wins and we all sigh and go "man, fuck this bitch"

Cinder reminds me so much of Envy from Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood as a character I thoroughly despised and has the same mannerisms. The only thing that makes Envy work in the narrative and not come off as a nuisance that killed a beloved character is the fact Envy gets bodied so fucking hard and it is revealed how pathetic he is.

Basically, I need Cinder to not just lose because she underestimated someone. But I need her to get fucking destroyed by someone because she underestimated them.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017

Cinder reminds me so much of Envy from Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood as a character I thoroughly despised and has the same mannerisms. The only thing that makes Envy work in the narrative and not come off as a nuisance that killed a beloved character is the fact Envy gets bodied so fucking hard and it is revealed how pathetic he is.

Basically, I need Cinder to not just lose because she underestimated someone. But I need her to get fucking destroyed by someone because she underestimated them.

Jaune being the one who kills Cinder would be amazing.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Shame she's not the one who can shapeshift.

Jaune loosing it Mustang style would be amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
Are they still on this shit?

Here I was sad just seeing some people in the community still Staning for Vic.

Its gotten worse some how.

People commissioning hate art of some female Adam devotees murdering Blake and Yang.

While saying "I want the bumblebitches to get what they deserve"

Like... you paid someone for this.

I have never seen people being this delusional over a character in fiction before.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

People commissioning hate art of some female Adam devotees murdering Blake and Yang.

I have never seen people being this delusional over a character in fiction before.
Ugh. Gorey "revenge" art will never not disturb me. There was some really nasty shit after the Yang Tifa Death Battle.

To side with the abusive nutcase is just, how much perspective do you lack that you think this is the person to root for?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017

Incels gotta stan incels I guess
That being said I saw that and it is pretty damn gross

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
God I was seeing people on Twitter talk about that stuff late last night but thankfully didn't see the art.

Did see something similar at the end of vol 6 that really, really upset me though. That one is unfortunately ingrained in my mind.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

What the hell? Some people really have no lives. It's fiction, I mean c'mon. Well at least we know what side of the political spectrum they fall on.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Saw the art. Yikes. And imagine paying somebody for that... lmfao.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
The worst about that is the people claiming that the drawing is causing "rabid fanatics harrass people for drawing" ignoring that the original poster commented "I want the bumblebitches to get what they deserve" and you know for sure if the situation was reversed the narrative would be "Crazy fanatic commissions adam hate art"

I don't get why they still watch the show if they hate everything in it

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Pepole are getting really hotly debated on the whole is Ironwood right issue with a lot of RWBY Critcs siding with Ironwood which doesn't suprise me because a lot of RWBY Critcs have criticised Team RWBY in the past for being "holier then thou"

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else think that the two brother Gods were kind of assholes when watching the Salem/Oz backstory?

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I've been seeing a bit of a sentiment going around that team RWBY are getting away with doing things without enough consequences. I think a lot of what they're trying to do with the Atlas characters in particular is trying to convey that authority isn't always right and sometimes too much of it can make things worse not better.

personally i think Ironwood's plan to abandon the rest of Mantle and move Atlas out of range of the Grimm is basically just walling yourself off in a bunker and waiting for your supplies to run out while your enemy patiently waits to finish you off. because if word gets out that the 'mightiest' kingdom has abandoned both its people and the rest of the world then it could very well cause Beacon like events to happen all over and even invite the appearance of Grimm like the one that Ruby petrified at the end of Volume 3. basically James is taking the 'easy' way out because he thinks it's the most reasonable. he's thinking about this like it's a normal war when it's anything but

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I think people overestimate Ruby and Weiss when it comes to combat a lot I've seen people say that they could both beat Yang and i'm like...no? If Yang gets her hands on either of them even once they'd be finished and Ruby and Weiss's ranged attacks honestly wouldn't do much to her, and trying to slowly chip Yang down isn't a good strategy either. The best opponent against Yang is someone she can't hit or someone who can deal a ton of damage to her very quickly neither of which Ruby and Weiss would easily be able to do.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Eruptionfang flew the fuck off the deep end when Adam died

Also as for why Ozpin wants to summon the gods again, I think it's because unless he does he is also stuck as an immortal

Yeah.....I mean I agree with his overall sentiment on Adam but when he started saying there should've been a 9v1 battle against Adam, I was like "dude c'mon".

I think yeah ofc Oz is tired of living and wants to die and it seems only the gods can grant this. But I don't think the Light God was that bad as he was the one who revived Ozpin and gave humanity a second chance.