• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Light god is a petty asshole who doesn't understand that telling someone "that's the way things are get used to it" is not in fact going to rid them of their grief.

Asshole went full Greek gods "oh you don't apreciate ME? Well fuck you!"

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think people overestimate Ruby and Weiss when it comes to combat a lot I've seen people say that they could both beat Yang and i'm like...no? If Yang gets her hands on either of them even once they'd be finished and Ruby and Weiss's ranged attacks honestly wouldn't do much to her, and trying to slowly chip Yang down isn't a good strategy either. The best opponent against Yang is someone she can't hit or someone who can deal a ton of damage to her very quickly neither of which Ruby and Weiss would easily be able to do.

Pretty much why I would love to see a Yang v. Neo runback. Would love to see how Yang fares against her now considering she's a bit more reserved in how she fights.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much why I would love to see a Yang v. Neo runback. Would love to see how Yang fares against her now considering she's a bit more reserved in how she fights.
the opening has promised me Yang shooting fireballs out of her fists and I want this before the end of the season damnit!

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
the opening has promised me Yang shooting fireballs out of her fists and I want this before the end of the season damnit!

There's unused test footage of Yang fighting Neo on the airship in Vol 3 like how there was of her vs Adam. Makes me think it will be reused for this volume or the next for a Yang vs Neo rematch.

Speaking of Yang has anyone noticed how she has the most rivals out of Team RWBY with regards to the villains? She has Mercury, Adam, and Neo.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the guy either but uh, why would you link an EruptionFang video here if you dislike him so much?
Just... don't share it? Better yet, don't give him a click?

I think I dislike almost all the RWBY youtube channels, but I did used to like ER.

Then as I said he flew off the deep end when Adam died and his RWBY videos became insufferable

Oct 25, 2017
There's unused test footage of Yang fighting Neo on the airship in Vol 3 like how there was of her vs Adam. Makes me think it will be reused for this volume or the next for a Yang vs Neo rematch.

Speaking of Yang has anyone noticed how she has the most rivals out of Team RWBY with regards to the villains? She has Mercury, Adam, and Neo.

I think the rivalry between her and Neo has somewhat diminished since she's gunning for Ruby now.

There was apparently quite a bit of unused footage like Raven vs JNPR... which is just a head scratcher as to why it exists.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
What happened at the end of Volume 3 really made people significantly overestimate how strong Adam was. That's a problem that a lot of people have though they saw what happened as a show of dominance that confirmed that Adam was way out of their league and don't take a couple of things into the equation. First of all with Blake she was already tired from fighting Grimm and White Fang members while Adam was relatively fresh. She was also emotionally distraught because the person she was afraid to see most had suddenly appeared before her to ruin her new home. As for Yang she was also tired from fighting as well and she made the mistake of charging in at Adam in a blind rage without knowing what her opponent was capable of. None of this suggests how well they would do against Adam completely fresh and in a relatively good state of mind.

Basically Adam beat the two of them at Beacon so easily because he wasn't tired like them and because he had a massive psychological advantage over both of them.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
I think people overestimate Ruby and Weiss when it comes to combat a lot I've seen people say that they could both beat Yang and i'm like...no? If Yang gets her hands on either of them even once they'd be finished and Ruby and Weiss's ranged attacks honestly wouldn't do much to her, and trying to slowly chip Yang down isn't a good strategy either. The best opponent against Yang is someone she can't hit or someone who can deal a ton of damage to her very quickly neither of which Ruby and Weiss would easily be able to do.
Ruby is real good at fighting grimm and real bad at fighting humans, so obviously Yang takes Ruby easily. I think you're kind of underestimating Weiss's skill with her blade, though, and she could potentially keep yang at bay long enough with her better range to lock her down with a gravity glyph or freeze her. Yang probably still takes that fight, but not by as much as you're thinking.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Ruby is real good at fighting grimm and real bad at fighting humans, so obviously Yang takes Ruby easily. I think you're kind of underestimating Weiss's skill with her blade, though, and she could potentially keep yang at bay long enough with her better range to lock her down with a gravity glyph or freeze her. Yang probably still takes that fight, but not by as much as you're thinking.
I think the problem with Weiss is she doesn't have anything that can take down Yang quickly enough. Plus how strong are the gravity glyphs? Would they be able to stop Yang from closing in with Ember Celica blasts?

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I think the rivalry between her and Neo has somewhat diminished since she's gunning for Ruby now.

There was apparently quite a bit of unused footage like Raven vs JNPR... which is just a head scratcher as to why it exists.

Since she's gunning for Ruby that will only further heat up the rivalry as there's no Yang is letting Neo even near RWBY once she finds about her desire.

They also had unused footage of Sun vs Pyrrha.

What happened at the end of Volume 3 really made people significantly overestimate how strong Adam was. That's a problem that a lot of people have though they saw what happened as a show of dominance that confirmed that Adam was way out of their league and don't take a couple of things into the equation. First of all with Blake she was already tired from fighting Grimm and White Fang members while Adam was relatively fresh. She was also emotionally distraught because the person she was afraid to see most had suddenly appeared before her to ruin her new home. As for Yang she was also tired from fighting as well and she made the mistake of charging in at Adam in a blind rage without knowing what her opponent was capable of. None of this suggests how well they would do against Adam completely fresh and in a relatively good state of mind.

Basically Adam beat the two of them at Beacon so easily because he wasn't tired like them and because he had a massive psychological advantage over both of them.

Quick question. Is Adam as strong as Mercury or stronger/weaker?

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
Oz doesn't want to summon the gods. Not unless humanity has filled the conditions set out. He started the series with all 4 under his control and could have summoned them if he wanted to. But that isn't his goal at the moment. His goal is playing keep away from Salem with as many road blocks in front of her as possible

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Since she's gunning for Ruby that will only further heat up the rivalry as there's no Yang is letting Neo even near RWBY once she finds about her desire.

They also had unused footage of Sun vs Pyrrha.

Quick question. Is Adam as strong as Mercury or stronger/weaker?
That's a tough one because we havent ever seen Mercury fight at full strength without assistance. It maybe depends on how much you think he was holding back against Yang at the tournament. I don't think he was holding back that much personally. But hes probably stronger since then too. If I had to guess I'd wager he and Yang are pretty even maybe slightly weaker than Adam right now.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I think Adam would still easily beat Blake and Yang at 100% at that time. Team RWBY as a whole improved a lot as fighters between then and then end of S6

Oct 25, 2017
I think Adam would still easily beat Blake and Yang at 100% at that time. Team RWBY as a whole improved a lot as fighters between then and then end of S6

I think another problem is how the scene with Adam cutting Yangs arm off was conveyed.

People thought Adam was so strong that he was able to one shot Yang at 100%

When Yang was fighting off screen according to the director

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
That's a tough one because we havent ever seen Mercury fight at full strength without assistance. It maybe depends on how much you think he was holding back against Yang at the tournament. I don't think he was holding back that much personally. But hes probably stronger since then too. If I had to guess I'd wager he and Yang are pretty even maybe slightly weaker than Adam right now.

Wasn't he fighting at full-strength at the Battle of Haven (ugh)?

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
He "was" but the battle of haven was a mess.
Remember that headbutt
LimpBossyIggypops-size_restricted.gif

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no I'm just saying that while Adam would surely have still won if Yang and Blake were fresh back then he wouldn't have looked like a god compared to them. Yangs biggest disadvantage would have been the way she fought back then, not a power or skill gap. Blake I imagine wouldve gone a lot like their fight in volume 6 before yang showed up. Maybe Blake would have lost a bit faster.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Oh no I'm just saying that while Adam would surely have still won if Yang and Blake were fresh back then he wouldn't have looked like a god compared to them. Yangs biggest disadvantage would have been the way she fought back then, not a power or skill gap. Blake I imagine wouldve gone a lot like their fight in volume 6 before yang showed up. Maybe Blake would have lost a bit faster.

Here's test footage of Adam vs Yang in Vol 3 which proves your point about Yang:

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Same. I wonder, why do they need to bring them back?

That's the thing, they don't. As things are in Remnant now, it's bad if they come back.

Honestly I think this is what Salem's plan is. Push humanity on Remnant to a point where they become so divided that another war breaks out, then bring the four relics together in front of Ozpin, summon the Brothers Grimm, and have them wipe out Remnant for good.

It's basically two birds with one stone. Salem gets to die and finally rid herself of her immortality, along with getting revenge on Ozpin for abandoning her.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
That's the thing, they don't. As things are in Remnant now, it's bad if they come back.

Honestly I think this is what Salem's plan is. Push humanity on Remnant to a point where they become so divided that another war breaks out, then bring the four relics together in front of Ozpin, summon the Brothers Grimm, and have them wipe out Remnant for good.

It's basically two birds with one stone. Salem gets to die and finally rid herself of her immortality, along with getting revenge on Ozpin for abandoning her.
I mean but even if humanity come together, why would they need the gods?

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Volume 7 has suffered from a severe lack of Maria

I'm kinda thankful for that. While she's fun, there's only so much of "I may be old, but I'm still cool" jokes that I can take.

We getting a schism bois

God that would be amazing.

Ruby and Weiss barely had any time this volume to hangout (for obvious reasons of course). If a schism leads to more time between the two of them I'm all for it.

170b2d511efc778b86d58fa12d66c0cb.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda thankful for that. While she's fun, there's only so much of "I may be old, but I'm still cool" jokes that I can take.

God that would be amazing.

Ruby and Weiss barely had any time this volume to hangout (for obvious reasons of course). If a schism leads to more time between the two of them I'm all for it.

170b2d511efc778b86d58fa12d66c0cb.gif

My problem with Maria seemingly being written off was she was somewhat poised to be Ruby's mentor for Silver Eyes, but she hasnt done anything with Ruby this volume

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
On one hand I understand Blake and Yang need to develop their relationship more... but damn man, I'd actually like Ruby and Blake to have more than 8 seconds of one on one interaction

Same. I was hoping Ruby would help Blake make her new weapon given her love of weapons. Oh well. At least they interact in Cross Tag Battle and fight as a pair against Ragna.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
don't really want the group to split up again tbh

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
going back and watching the Blake/Yang vs Adam fight and damn Yang was kinda kicking his ass before he started using his Semblance

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Yeah, she really was.

And guilty pleasure but sometimes the kid in me/shallow part of me wishes that Adam was a generic edgy anti-hero cuz he has a cool design and fighting style. I'm a sucker for a rose motif + Vergil-esque fighting style

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Information on Episode 12

Episode 12 Information:

Episode Title: With Freinds Like These

Episode is 18-19 Minutes Long.

Description: With Salem's forces drawing closer, and the General's orders for their arrest, our heroes are forced to fight on all fronts to save the city Ironwood has abandoned

Image:
1579810074915.png