• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I mean it's not even "done" yet so I honestly don't think so.

It's like the Korrasami fiasco, we haven't seen the relationship just them starting to hook up but we're not even there yet for Bumblebee.

It is basically done at this point and there not even hiding it at this point. That being said it was done badly and seems to be just because the fans/crew wanted it.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It is basically done at this point and there not even hiding it at this point. That being said it was done badly and seems to be just because the fans/crew wanted it.
It's not done until they've actually hooked up and you have no means of knowing why other then a bunch of angry Adam fans insisting it's the fans fault.

Blake and Yang have been close and interacting since Volume 1. Whether you agree or not is up to you but acting like it's such a big deal that you're holding it against the shows quality is not a good look frankly. Every ship has obnoxious fans, don't act like it's unique to just Bumblebee.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
It's not done until they've actually hooked up and you have no means of knowing why other then a bunch of angry Adam fans insisting it's the fans fault.

Blake and Yang have been close and interacting since Volume 1. Whether you agree or not is up to you but acting like it's such a big deal that you're holding it against the shows quality is not a good look frankly. Every ship has obnoxious fans, don't act like it's unique to just Bumblebee.

Where am I holding it up against the show's quality? I just said I don't like it. I didn't say that BB is bad therefore RWBY is bad. Don't put words in my mouth or lump me in with Adam stans.

Oct 25, 2017
If by "slow-burn" you mean to quote Jelloapocalypse "somehow not talking to each into becoming girlfriends" then we may have different definitions of good.

God that line in his video is so stupid and cements why I absolutely hate talking about this show online.

They held hands in a moment where they stood against someone who is responsible for both physical and mental harm.

They held hands. It doesn't mean they are girlfriends.

Are they probably going to end up dating? Most likely

But acting as if they are dating now is disengenous.

I don't even care about the bumblebee plot line, but the sheer stupidity of the takes around it are eye rolling

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
God that line in his video is so stupid and cements why I absolutely hate talking about this show online.

They held hands in a moment where they stood against someone who is responsible for both physical and mental harm.

They held hands. It doesn't mean they are girlfriends.

Are they probably going to end up dating? Most likely

But acting as if they are dating now is disengenous.

I don't even care about the bumblebee plot line, but the sheer stupidity of the takes around it are eye rolling

The salt is real.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Good to see you're being mature about this.

Okay, y'know what? You can think BB is great and whatever. But I have every right to disagree with you and doing so doesn't meant I hate the show or have malicious intentions or something. This thread is demonstrating exactly my problems with BB. Criticizing it is treated as like attacking RWBY's holy grail or foundation which is absurd. I didn't like Arkos at all as well and think it was also poorly done. I guess that's further proof I hate RWBY and think the show is overall poorly done right?

Oct 25, 2017

I love how you literally say "don't put words in my mouth" for yourself but instantly go to say "the salt is real" when I said "I don't care about bumblebee"

I think the conversations around it are fucking stupid and overall decrease the value of discussion about the show as well as "why wasn't Adam my race savior" convos about his apparent 'wasted potential'

The reason your criticism is stupid is because it hasn't happened yet, but you keep acting like they are girlfriends/dating. When they aren't.

I couldn't give less of a shit if you don't like the ship, I don't care about the ship at all. But man you are using like every homophobic dogwhistle of "it's forced" "it's pandering" "they are already dating" (they are not) and it ain't helping your case.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, y'know what? You can think BB is great and whatever. But I have every right to disagree with you and doing so doesn't meant I hate the show or have malicious intentions or something. This thread is demonstrating exactly my problems with BB. Criticizing it is treated as like attacking RWBY's holy grail or foundation which is absurd. I didn't like Arkos at all as well and think it was also poorly done. I guess that's further proof I hate RWBY and think the show is overall poorly done right?
I don't even like Bumblebee, I'm a Black Sun shipper.

Just going "the salt is real" to someone countering a statement you made isn't the best thing to do.

I don't care if you don't like Bumblebee but you seem to be making a big deal out of it, because fans make a big deal out of it? That's just odd especially since this whole conversation started purely because someone said they were looking forward to seeing more from the ship, and that's all.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Nora straight up calls Ren "her man."

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say there together at this point.

Unless Ren does something to signify they are indeed together, I still don't think they are dating yet as it is mostly one sided.

Considering we are apparently getting some Nora focus in V7 hopefully it solidifies.

ReNora is like the most noncontroversial ship in the show. I don't think anyone outright dislikes it.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I love how you literally say "don't put words in my mouth" for yourself but instantly go to say "the salt is real" when I said "I don't care about bumblebee"

I think the conversations around it are fucking stupid and overall decrease the value of discussion about the show as well as "why wasn't Adam my race savior" convos about his apparent 'wasted potential'

The reason your criticism is stupid is because it hasn't happened yet, but you keep acting like they are girlfriends/dating. When they aren't.

I couldn't give less of a shit if you don't like the ship, I don't care about the ship at all. But man you are using like every homophobic dogwhistle of "it's forced" "it's pandering" "they are already dating" (they are not) and it ain't helping your case.

What. Whether or not whose in the relationship doesn't affect if I feel it's forced or not. I feel the same way about Olicity from Arrow from example, so baseless accusations. You say you don't care about the ship but look how much you're freaking out over someone not liking it. Not caring it my ass. So just drop the facade already.

I don't even like Bumblebee, I'm a Black Sun shipper.

Just going "the salt is real" to someone countering a statement you made isn't the best thing to do.

I don't care if you don't like Bumblebee but you seem to be making a big deal out of it, because fans make a big deal out of it? That's just odd especially since this whole conversation started purely because someone said they were looking forward to seeing more from the ship, and that's all.

Here's the thing. Someone said why they like it, I said I don't like it and gave my reasons. It's you guys who made a big deal out of me not liking it as of I attacked RWBY''s holy grail or something and freaked out, so maybe look at yourself before criticizing.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
What. Whether or not whose in the relationship doesn't affect if I feel it's forced or not. I feel the same way about Olicity from Arrow from example, so baseless accusations. You say you don't care about the ship but look how much you're freaking out over someone not liking it. Not caring it my ass. So just drop the facade already.

Here's the thing. Someone said why they like it, I said I don't like it and gave my reasons. It's you guys who made a big deal out of me not liking it as of I attacked RWBY''s holy grail or something and freaked out, so maybe look at yourself before criticizing.

You guys have already made up your mind that anyone who doesn't like BB is malicious, stupid, etc and are trying to make me fit into that peg hole and intentionally freaking out over criticism of it/misreading what I said to "prove" you guys are right.

Oct 25, 2017

I literally have no idea what you are saying anymore.

It's like you are arguing with some amalgam and are projecting onto other people. When I say I don't care about Bumblebee, I genuinely mean it. I don't care and I think the conversations around it are stupid.

I think the people who read waaaaay to into their dialogue exchanges in the past are dumb. But I think the people whose criticism's of it as "pandering" "forced" etc are even dumber.

You are mad because you think the writers are going in that direction because a vocal part of the fanbase kept clamoring for it. Ok.

So what?

You want to complain about Neo coming back? That's pandering because people were vocal about wanting Neo back

You want to complain about the increased focus on Ruby in volume 6? I guess thats pandering as well because people were really vocal about her lack of agency in V5.

The word pandering is so dumb because people only use it when "they are doing something to appeal to a group I am not a part of" but when something is done to appeal to them, thats not pandering.

The only one freaking out here is you.

I think this applies to you more than it does to me

Last edited:

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I literally have no idea what you are saying anymore.

It's like you are arguing with some amalgam and are projecting onto other people. When I say I don't care about Bumblebee, I genuinely mean it. I don't care and I think the conversations around it are stupid.

I think the people who read waaaaay to into their dialogue exchanges in the past are dumb. But I think the people whose criticism's of it as "pandering" "forced" etc are even dumber.

You are mad because you think the writers are going in that direction because a vocal part of the fanbase kept clamoring for it. Ok.

So what?

You want to complain about Neo coming back? That's pandering because people were vocal about wanting Neo back

You want to complain about the increased focus on Ruby in volume 6? I guess thats pandering as well because people were really vocal about her lack of agency in V5.

You want to complain about getting silver eye information? I guess thats pandering

Better action scenes and more focus on spacial awareness of where the characters are? Pandering

The word pandering is so dumb because people only use it when "they are doing something to appeal to a group I am not a part of" but when something is done to appeal to them, thats not pandering.

The only one freaking out here is you.

I think this applies to you more than it does to me

You're the one who started throwing around insults. So like I said look at yourself before criticizing.

Oct 25, 2017
You're the one who started throwing around insults. So like I said look at yourself before criticizing.

Please tell me what insults I told to you directly in my initial post.

I called the conversation around bumblebee stupid. I didn't call you stupid.

I said your criticisms were bad, because they are bad.

Again, you keep projecting.

I never insulted you, but you keep acting like I did.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Please tell me what insults I told to you directly in my initial post.

I called the conversation around bumblebee stupid. I didn't call you stupid.

I said your criticisms were bad, because they are bad.

Again, you keep projecting.

I never insulted you, but you keep acting like I did.

Nice job copying.

Your insult was implied in your take on JA sentiment which I share and said I did. You knew exactly what you were doing so pretend otherwise.

Oct 25, 2017
And you're an asshole. At least now you're being open about it.

Imagine being so stupid that me saying an opinion of someone else is dumb, that you perceived it as an attack on yourself.

It was directed at Jello. Not you. You acted like I was insulting you because I said the opinion of someone else was stupid.

All you have done in this thread is project you absolute clown

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
VywxQfV.gif

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Hi, I'm new to RWBY.

EDIT:
Not "new" new, just new to RWBYEra. I dropped it a couple years ago and only recently picked it up again.

Last edited:

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Reading y'all argue about what constitutes a relationship or not makes me feel like middle school. Is holding hands enough? What about talking? Lol. Hilarious.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
we can talk about the fact that I'm terrified they're going to flub this Atlas arc

there are multple things they can go into with Atlas and there's potential for a lot of interesting stories, but I don't think the show is going to take the time to give them all the attention they deserve

I hope I'm wrong because this has the potential to be easily the best part of the show

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
So what do people think are the best/coolest semblances so far? For me I'd say Glyphs/Summonings, Moonslice, Illusions(Neo), Cinder's(I forgot the name), and Magnetism.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What does it to? Also I think the book is canon so it counts.
Per the wiki
Yatsuhashi's Semblance is memory wiping, allows him to erase other people's memories when he touches them. He can permanently wipe memories which are trivial in nature, such as forgetting the last few seconds, and temporarily wipe important memories, which return on an equal time as to how they were wiped. For instance, if he were to wipe somebody's memory for a day, it'd take a day for them to return. Yatsuhashi uses his Semblance sparingly, only wiping seconds at a time