• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
So what do people think are the best/coolest semblances so far? For me I'd say Glyphs/Summonings, Moonslice, Illusions(Neo), Cinder's(I forgot the name), and Magnetism.

Weiss' summoning, Yang's and Nora's (love a tank), and Velvet's for overall and Adam's only because I'm a sucker for cool looking shit.

Yatsuhashi's made me super sad : (

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Weiss' summoning, Yang's and Nora's (love a tank), and Velvet's for overall and Adam's only because I'm a sucker for cool looking shit.

Yatsuhashi's made me super sad : (

Is it wrong that of all the RWBY characters I'd want to have have Adam's weapons, design(not his crappy vol 5 one), and semblance the most?

Calling it now. This volume will see the return of Penny.

Well obviously at this point she'll be addressed in some shape or form according to the first 12 minutes of VOL 7.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Anyone read the new comic issue? I have mixed feelings honestly as trying to show
Adam is really some tragic figure who once cries over losing comrades is the "real him" is a kinda too much and too late for this honestly.

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone read the new comic issue? I have mixed feelings honestly as trying to show
Adam is really some tragic figure who cries over losing comrades is the real him is a kinda too much and too late for this honestly.
Oh jeez.
I can't comment until I get to actually read it but yeah I have a hard time taking attempts to make him sympathetic seriously.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
How credible is that idea that Adam is a pedo as that seems to be going around with fans? I dunno as I don't think RT would promote a character like that or depict a relationship like that as shown in the comic

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How credible is that idea that Adam is a pedo as that seems to be going around with fans? I dunno as I don't think RT would promote a character like that or depict a relationship like that as shown in the comic
If fans are getting that impression I don't think it's anything RT actually intended. I feel like that would have gotten some focus along side his other shitty behavior.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why are they wasting their time trying to build sympathy for Adam? Dude was an abusive, psychotic piece of trash that got his just deserts. Fuck him.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Adam is really some tragic figure who once cries over losing comrades is the "real him" is a kinda too much and too late for this honestly.

I didn't read it that way at all. I just thought it was giving him a reason why Blake would give a shit about him in the first place.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

170b2d511efc778b86d58fa12d66c0cb.gif

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Why are they wasting their time trying to build sympathy for Adam? Dude was an abusive, psychotic piece of trash that got his just deserts. Fuck him.
Yeah, it's too late to give him any depth at all now when his mustache is twirled so hard it falls off his face. I don't think its sympathy, just trying to show his change or something.
Honestly, my only issue with him is his connection to the Faunus subplot

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, it's too late to give him any depth at all now when his mustache is twirled so hard it falls off his face. I don't think its sympathy, just trying to show his change or something.
Honestly, my only issue with him is his connection to the Faunus subplot

There are other characters who can continue the Faunus storyline, Ilia is a good example.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
There are other characters who can continue the Faunus storyline, Ilia is a good example.
Doubt they would revisit it as Miles and Kerry said it's taking a backseat
I use Adam because with his brand and backstory, it's the first time we've seen how bad it can get for Faunus in Atlas and he's suffered the most due to racism out of any Faunus we've seen and a lot of the White Fang have legit reasons to act like they do. What happened with Ilia's parent was an accident and she seems more misguided, while with Adam, it should be that he's driven by the racist abuse he's suffered. But it's jarring that none of this really focused on as Adams descent into madness doesn't really address the racism aspect of it and the fact that he's a Faunus is irrelevant the fact that he was driving force behind the Faunus subplot and is a just an abuser undermines it. Someone once made the analogy that there is a reason why Magneto doesn't have Sabretooth's personality.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
They didn't retroactively try to make him sympathetic, they simply showed more of him which lines up right with what Blake always said he was.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Finished up Volume 6 a few hours ago with the gf. I am 100% behind Blake and Yang as a couple, especially since their fight with Adam was the emotional climax of the volume. 😭
Calling it now. This volume will see the return of Penny.
I totally shipped Ruby with Penny until her death. T_T I'd love to see Penny revived and have them pick up where they left off.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Finished up Volume 6 a few hours ago with the gf. I am 100% behind Blake and Yang as a couple, especially since their fight with Adam was the emotional climax of the volume. 😭

I totally shipped Ruby with Penny until her death. T_T I'd love to see Penny revived and have them pick up where they left off.

A Bumblebee and Nuts n' Dolts fan? I knew you were good people!

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The OP is ridiculously anime lmao (I love it!). Fight budget is on point, granted it's the opening episode but yeah, really fun episode.

Penny coming back is the least surprising thing but I didn't expect it to happen in episode 1. Really heartwarming stuff.

Qrow's VA is good, naturally it's not the same but it'll be fine.

Ironwood vs Ozpin is gonna be a fun fight if they actually do it, OPs have lied before though.

The fabled "Ace Ops" got a laugh out of me, their wordplay is on point

Last edited:

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

Also...

When we get past the spoiler window on this episode, this thread should change to:

RWBYERA |OT| Volume 7: A Penny Saved

Last edited:

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
Penny!!!! She's so cute 😭 I'm so happy she's back. Her dad is cool too.

Mantle/Atlas is giving me uneasy vibes so far but I guess that's the point. Kinda nervous that Ironwood or Winter are gonna be working for Salem or something.

Also laughing at Weiss literally dunking a racist in the trash. Love that character development.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My mood right now:

PENNY!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH! Nuts and Dolts is back baby!