• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen some really stupid takes on twitter/youtube about the first episode of V7

People acting like Penny coming back somehow undoes Volume 3, or are acting that because Penny came back Pyrrha and other dead characters can come back. And like I'm just sitting here going "she's a robot" of course she was coming back. Her whole plotline about being created for some great purpose in V2 was never addressed again. So people want that plotline to be completely dropped? I dunno, this to me is like at the end of infinity war people actually thought all the dusted characters were dead, and then complain at the end of endgame that they came back. There is also stupid stuff like people saying Yang forgot her character development because she kicked that drone that was taking pictures of her and people saying Weiss should be punished for throwing that racist in the trash because she assaulted him... and those same people are calling Qrow dumb for not turning into a bird after he got bolla'd. So they are mad "Weiss commited a felony" but want Qrow to commit a felony by "resisting arrest?"

Not even surprised tbh.

Regarding favorite weapons, my list:

Gianduja
Anesidora
Ember Celica
Myrtenaster
Crescent Rose

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
So what are everyone's favourite weapons?

Mine are.

1. Wilt and Blush
2. Myrtenaster
3. Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang
4. Cinder's Bow and Arrow
5. Cerberus Whip
6. Ember Celica
7. Talaria
8. Winter's Weapon
9. StormFlower
10. Crescent Rose.

I'm a big fan of triple-changer (and even Quad-changer) weapons like Gambol Shroud, Miló and Akoúo, and Harbinger.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I like
Wilt and Blush
Storm Flower
Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang
Ember Celica
Qrow's weapons
Fox's weapons
Ravens sword

OP
OP
Geist

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Chains are dope dude
Speaking of Sienna, is there a bigger waste of a character than her in the show?
That would be an huge nope.

My list (in no particular order except the first):
1. Miló and Akoúo̱ (I love basically everything about Pyrrha's weapon)
* Ember Celica
* Gianduja
* Crescent Rose
* Midnight

Oct 25, 2017
On the talk of weapons

Im excited to see all the upgrades the characters are getting. So far Jaune, Yang, Ren and Blake have confirmed. upgrades

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Yeah.

I think at most they'll be at the very end of the volume or the stinger.

Apparently Atlas is going to be V7-9.
Makes sense, the show thus far is structured around three volumes per kingdom. Three for Vale, three for Mistral, etc. Though I have a feeling they might skip Vacuo to break the structure and enter the endgame.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Does anyone wonder if Blake used dust clones against Adam that would've given her the edge against him? I mean trapping his sword in a ice or rock clone would give her time to separate him from it and using fire clones as dummy bombs would be a good way to lure him in and dish out damage as well.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
wow I can't believe all it takes for me to cry nowadays is sisters hugging.

Also qrow/ironwood huh...

Was hoping they'd get new outfits this ep but I guess that's next week. Dorms are gonna be fun though lol. The Ace Ops are neat too, I'm looking forward to seeing them more.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
What Ironwood thinks is going to happen: "We're going to tell the world of Salem!"
What's probably actually going to happen: "Hello world! I am Salem! MY GRIMM ARE COMING FOR YOU.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Atlas_News.png

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good episode overall, but baaaahhhhh I want my new outfits already! The scene between Weiss and Winter was so sweet, but even sweeter was the moment between Ironwood and Qrow, certainly did not see that coming. And I need to know the name of the big muscular girl that's part of the Spec Ops, like... ASAP. *swoooooon*

Oct 25, 2017
Since Ep 1 is out I want to talk about the Ace Ops

Trying to figure out what they are based on. So far it's

Clover- The Fisherman and the Little Fish

Harriet- Hare from Tortiose and the hare

Elm (Hammer Girl) - The honest woodcutter?

Marrow - Boy who Cried Wolf

Vine (the monk looking one) is the only one I have no idea about.

IMO one of my favourite parts of RWBY is figuring out who is who.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Pretty good episode overall, but baaaahhhhh I want my new outfits already! The scene between Weiss and Winter was so sweet, but even sweeter was the moment between Ironwood and Qrow, certainly did not see that coming. And I need to know the name of the big muscular girl that's part of the Spec Ops, like... ASAP. *swoooooon*

RWBY has its own version of Scorpia.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lots of hints inside the new opening. Ironwood is probably going to get usurped by Weiss' dad at some point in this volume.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone here watched Doctor Sleep yet? Interestingly enough, I noticed some minor RWBY references in the film, to the point where it becomes part of the character/plot in a way.

Spoilers for the movie:

Abra's room is adorned with RWBY posters, and on her nightstand features an Emerald Sustrai figurine. The camera pans over to and lingers on this figure in one scene. Later, Abra demonstrates her power to create illusions with her shining ability, and during one of these sequences, she disguises herself with a bob cut and colored hair styled similarly to Emerald to deceive the main villain.