• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking penny might end up with the winter maiden power last week
also Fria just embarrassing Cinder was amazing

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Garbage finale.

Do M&K just not know what to do with Cinder at this point? What is her purpose? To lose over and over? I'm sick of this. Last episode it was like, oh no! Cinder's here! We are so doomed!

Then this episode, Cinder gets absolutely wrecked in minutes. Like that was barely even a fight. They absolutely decked her. Why isn't she just going full maiden power like she did against Ozpin? Why is she even a maiden at this point? What is she doing?

I know Cinder fans are few and far in between, but as one of them myself it's getting seriously annoying just watching them make her get demolished over and over. She took a two-volume hiatus away from the main plot only to come right back in and get assed again just like V5.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm comfortable in saying that Volume 7 is the best so far

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw chapter 12

Qrow was doing that dumb shit, but to be fair to him Clover was also being a dumbass at first, prioritizing his attacks on Qrow even when Qrow was attacking Tyrian

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw chapter 12

Qrow was doing that dumb shit, but to be fair to him Clover was also being a dumbass at first, prioritizing his attacks on Qrow even when Qrow was attacking Tyrian
Qrow has a history of making bad decisions when he's upset

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Welp, Atlas is fucked. In a funny way, Ironwood had a point to leave. But that would mean Mantle is ultra-fucked either way. And there was no way RWBY and co would let them behind without a fight.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
volume 8 theory:

they gonna drop atlas on that big boi

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Overall I liked it. Neo winning was nice as Neo is best girl, but the fight was a little questionable with how they acted like going one at a time. Ren's Heroic BSOD was understandable and I think his frustration will be a plot point in V8. Cinder vs Penny and Winter was cool, especially the air better. Too bad Cinder is still the same and the same thing happens again with her. She really needs a backstory and more than "I want power" as it's a chore now. Penny being the maiden was surprising but not too unexpected. I love how the Winter Maiden owned Cinder and put her in her place. At least the heroes now have a maiden on their side which could tip the scale. Ruby and Cinder need to interact more as I thought there would be something when they showed up, but Cinder just blitzed out of there. Ironwood has gone full villain. Trying to murder a kid, yeah he's definitely crossed the line. Good thing Oscar unlocked his power as he did, as I was worried about him. Watts is still alive which is good as we need more of him. Qrow and Robyn are arrested. Poor Qrow as you can feel the guilt oozing from him. And Salem, wow That giant grimm reminded me of something out of my nightmares as a kid. Looks like Neo backstabbing Cinder will be next volume. I wonder why she seemed surprised Cinder didn't thank her? Did she expect she and Cinder would form a kind of friendship like she and Roman did or something? Anyway looks like next volume is a Melee a trois.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Dick Move Ironwood
ironwoodshootsoscar.gif

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The road to hell is paved with good intentions and all that.

Cinder's also starting to turn into Team Rocket.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
James is a coward.

At the end of this volume I hate him the most somehow. Spared Watts, but wanted to kill Oscar? What a weak-willed person. I'm glad all of his plans backfired.

Ren got the Maes Hughes moment I was waiting for and I thought he was a fucking dead man. Holy shit I'm glad Neo wasn't that cold blooded

I was initially disappointed, but what they ended on was apt considering what day today is. (5th anniversary of Monty's death)

Oh shit . That was a great way to end it then.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I'm honestly surprised not that many named characters died this volume. Of course this will likely change in the next one. :(

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
this was the logical conclusion to Ironwood's story and if you can't look back at his portrayal from his first appearance and see it coming you really need to brush up on your understanding of people lol

this is in reference to some comments i've seen on other sites not anyone here

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
this was the logical conclusion to Ironwood's story and if you can't look back at his portrayal from his first appearance and see it coming you really need to brush up on your understanding of people lol

this is in reference to some comments i've seen on other sites not anyone here
Oh if he only had a heart.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe if his delivery before the gunshot wasn't so damn boss I'd might feel differently... but damn.. it's too good!

The line he says also makes it so good. Like, holy shit. It's the coldest thing.

Right?! Dude has no more fucks to give.

That explains the weird white flashes that kept happening with Ren this volume.

So I'm guessing Ren somehow has gained the ability to see into the future? A future where Nora gets killed perhaps? That's why he was in tears after he stopped himself from harming Neo (who was disguised as Nora at the time), and immediately began pleading with the others that they weren't ready to be huntsmen? Hmmmmmm.....

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if his delivery before the gunshot wasn't so damn boss I'd might feel differently... but damn.. it's too good!

So I'm guessing Ren somehow has gained the ability to see into the future? A future where Nora gets killed perhaps? That's why he was in tears after he stopped himself from harming Neo (who was disguised as Nora at the time), and immediately began pleading with the others that they weren't ready to be huntsmen? Hmmmmmm.....

That would be interesting, and somewhat explain his weird behavior this volume.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017

different theory
maybe Ren gained the ability to read the 'intentions' of others and that's why he's been so willing to go along with Ironwood because he can feel how close he's been to snapping the whole time

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Also, odd that Whitley didn't do shit at all this volume. Like, he didn't get any kind of development. Anyone else feel like the dropped the ball with the Renora stuff as well.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I hope in the future we see Winter with her hair down more.. because wow.

Also, I wonder if she'll have a scar across her nose now after her fight with Cinder. That cut looked kinda deep.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pleasantly surprised that things didn't nosedive after the last episode. This is the best season finale the show has had in what feels like forever. I wish everything constucting it was to the level of these last two episodes. Good action, minimal dialogue, fun reveals and an impending challenge setup (hopefully).

Also, I hope in the future we see Winter with her hair down more.. because wow.

For real.

Also
Winter Penny Hype! I was in the "only a robot" camp, but I thought the potential transfer scene would be much cheesier. Thank God it wasn't. A tad overtly brief and convenient, but it was fine I suppose.

The beginning fight scenes both against Cinder and Neo were pretty slick.

Neo kicked Team B's ass, which is A-Okay with me. I missed seeing those umbrella counters. Though I really wish she wasn't allied with Cinderblah.
Ren tears and Ruby with the instant Silver Eyes activate was funny. Cinder was shook!

I wish they would leave Oscarpin in Atlas forever stranded, but that's not going to happen.

Last edited:

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My only gripe if having to wait till Volume 8, ugh I hate cliffhanger seasons.

Otherwise I'm gonna echo that this has probably been the best volume of the show yet.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I'm pleasantly surprised that things didn't nosedive after the last episode. This is the best season finale the show has had in what feels like forever. I wish everything constucting it was to the level of these last two. Good action, minimal dialogue, fun reveals and an impending challenge setup (hopefully).

For real.

Also
Winter Penny Hype! I was in the "only a robot" camp, but I thought the potential transfer scene would be much cheesier. Thank God it wasn't. A tad overtly brief and convenient, but it was fine I suppose.

The beginning fight scenes both against Cinder and Neo were pretty slick.

Neo kicked Team B's ass, which is A-Okay with me. I missed seeing some of those umbrella counters. Though I really wish she wasn't allied with Cinderblah.

I wish they would leave Oscarpin in Atlas forever stranded, but that's not going to happen.

Bruh......

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Also Ultimadrago I'm sorry about my behavior last few times you posted. While I didn't agree with what you were saying I shouldn't have accused you of trolling.

Apology accepted and appreciated. To answer your inquiry before, I started and continue watching because of simultaneous viewings my longtime friend SDBurton (who happens to be a RWBY diehard). If it wasn't for them, I probably wouldn't continue with it. I find it an easy series to criticize, but I've always appreciated certain aspects about as you do with anything over time (Weiss, light-hearted banter, fun combat sequences, Weiss again).

I can see how I come off heavily critical towards RWBY. It may be a mix of expectations for the amount of time I've been watching and what I feel the show does best versus what it strives for. My common reactions honestly come from active annoyance with general aspects. As far as my comments on the writing gripes, it's more of a personal distaste for the level of dialogue and perceived lack of creativity in various arcs. It's something I could expand on more per episode (and have for a multitude of shows/anime between this site and the old one). However, I'm at a point with RWBY where I'm a bit over it to exhaust myself on that, keeping remarks very brief instead. Hah.

I can still certainly see where bigger fans get their enjoyment and I don't post to undermine that. We can have our views on it exist together.
===

On a side note: Where's RWBY Chibi? Now that's the main course!

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apology accepted and appreciated. To answer your inquiry before, I started and continue watching because of simultaneous viewings my longtime friend SDBurton (who happens to be a RWBY diehard). If it wasn't for them, I probably wouldn't continue with it. I find it an easy series to criticize, but I've always appreciated certain aspects about as you do with anything over time (Weiss, light-hearted banter, fun combat sequences, Weiss again).

I can see how I come off heavily critical towards RWBY. It may be a mix of expectations for the amount of time I've been watching and what I feel the show does best versus what it strives for. My common reactions honestly come from active annoyance with general aspects. As far as my comments on the writing gripes, it's more of a personal distaste for the level of dialogue and perceived lack of creativity in various arcs. It's something I could expand on more per episode (and have for a multitude of shows/anime between this site and the old one). However, I'm at a point with RWBY where I'm a bit over it to exhaust myself on that, keeping remarks very brief instead. Hah.

I can still certainly see where bigger fans get their enjoyment and I don't post to undermine that. We can have our views on it exist together.
===

On a side note: Where's RWBY Chibi? Now that's the main course!
That makes sense and like I said while I don't agree I do see where you're coming from now.

And yeah I want Chibi back.