• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is Volume 7 over? Thinking I should binge watch it if it is. Does it have any shorts I should watch before starting? Is there anyway to watch on a TV besides paying Rooster teeth? It on youtube, netflix, or something else?

Schnee

Oct 25, 2017
Is Volume 7 over? Thinking I should binge watch it if it is. Does it have any shorts I should watch before starting? Is there anyway to watch on a TV besides paying Rooster teeth? It on youtube, netflix, or something else?

Volume 7 is done and the finale will be free on Rooster Teeth this Saturday.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the first episode!
Penny! Always knew she'd be back. inb4 they killer her again
Those redesigns in the opening. Not sure if I'm a fan of Weiss and Jaunes
It stopped being that way since Volume 5 which had 3 day exclusivity before moving to 1 week beginning with Volume 6
Come to think about it I don't think I've watched the show on a week to week basis since Volume 3

Last edited:

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
My headcannon for Qrows new voice is that he stopped eating glass in between Volumes

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This really put into hindsight we spent 13 weeks watching it, and you finished it in maybe 2-3 hours
I took some breaks too lol. I really hated Volumes 4/5 and as a result I think I decided to just wait and binge the rest of the series. Thankfully it seems like the show has improved in quality since then (especially the animation!). What was the general consensus for Volume 7 here? Seemed on par with 6 to me which was a big improvement over 4 and 5. Though I think my favorite volumes will always be the first 3 even if the animation was pretty stiff in Volume 3

Oct 25, 2017
I took some breaks too lol. I really hated Volumes 4/5 and as a result I think I decided to just wait and binge the rest of the series. Thankfully it seems like the show has improved in quality since then (especially the animation!). What was the general consensus for Volume 7 here? Seemed on par with 6 to me which was a big improvement over 4 and 5. Though I think my favorite volumes will always be the first 3 even if the animation was pretty stiff in Volume 3

I think the overall consensus was most people enjoyed it, but felt it does feel pretty setup heavy for Volume 8 (which was confirmed to be longer than V7)

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think the overall consensus was most people enjoyed it, but felt it does feel pretty setup heavy for Volume 8 (which was confirmed to be longer than V7)
I look forward to it!
Looking like Salem is about to fuck some shit up herself instead of sending her henchmen. Also, I'm really hoping Roman is somehow still alive so that Neo can ditch Cinder

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I look forward to it!
Looking like Salem is about to fuck some shit up herself instead of sending her henchmen. Also, I'm really hoping Roman is somehow still alive so that Neo can ditch Cinder
Even if they wanted to bring him back I'm not sure RT is eager to work with his VA again.

Oct 25, 2017
What happened with his VA?

He was the former head of the animation department. Around mid 2019 he was accused of enforcing crunch culture, damaging other projects (ex: a 2D show called Nomad of Nowhere) to fund his own personal project, making promises to animators in regards to solid job positions before ghosting them, and basically getting free labor by not paying animators properly.

He denied these claims, but he is no longer at RT. His only role going forward seems to be a creative head for Gen Lock.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe thing's changed since Gen:lock is getting a season 2 but there were a lot of rumors that he left Rooster Teeth on bad terms.
He was the former head of the animation department. Around mid 2019 he was accused of enforcing crunch culture, damaging other projects (ex: a 2D show called Nomad of Nowhere) to fund his own personal project, making promises to animators in regards to solid job positions before ghosting them, and basically getting free labor by not paying animators properly.

He denied these claims, but he is no longer at RT. His only role going forward seems to be a creative head for Gen Lock.
rip my dreams

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Ironwood out here straight up shooting 14 year olds

also I missed Ozpin it's good to hear his voice again

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I think Adam's a good character, but fuck him.

have a gif of Yang kicking his ass

tumblr_plcmbnlr7V1wxclgao1_400.gifv

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I think Adam is an interesting character in a poorly thought out and paced subplot. Really wouldn't call him good (Or anything from the faunus/whitefang/menagerie subplot)

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I think Adam's a good character if you look at him from the lens of his plot around Blake and how he affected the character development of both Blake and Yang. The faunus racism plot threads weren't the best thing in the world, but I'm not really qualified to say whether it was bad or not. To me Adam's backstory serves to show how he became the way he is, but his character within the context of the show has always been centered around Blake.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Well, she got his ass kicked by a dying, elderly woman and immediately ran away when Ruby appeared. Yeah, this isn't a good look for the mastermind behind the Fall of Beacon.
Cinder doesn't wanna kill Ruby because she wants revenge, she wants to kill Ruby because she's scared of her...imo

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I think Adam is an interesting character in a poorly thought out and paced subplot. Really wouldn't call him good (Or anything from the faunus/whitefang/menagerie subplot)

Truer words have never been spoken. Even in Blake's subplot it's not that good either especially with regards to V5 which made it impossible to take him seriously as a threat again.

well yeah i was just saying why i think that Cinder is obsessed with Ruby

You ever noticed how Ruby and Cinder BARELY interact despite them being arch-enemies? They need more scenes together.

Cinder failed again while Neo accomplished her objective. Cinder's arrogance has turned her into a Saturday Morning villain.

Cinder is basically Dick Dastardly at this point. Even Chibi Cinder wasn't this cartoonish. Also can't wait for Neo to backstab her but it will result in another Cinder failure and show she hasn't learned her lesson for the millionth time. Think Neo will go to the heroes?

Eddy Rivas explained the thought process between Clover vs Tyrian and Qrow

I appreciate he does this, but I feel bad he has been constantly getting dogged by a group of Clover X Qrow shippers.

Good on him, but yeah he doesn't deserve all that flack. Shippers need to chill.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Truer words have never been spoken. Even in Blake's subplot it's not that good either especially with regards to V5 which made it impossible to take him seriously as a threat again.

You ever noticed how Ruby and Cinder BARELY interact despite them being arch-enemies? They need more scenes together.

Cinder is basically Dick Dastardly at this point. Even Chibi Cinder wasn't this cartoonish. Also can't wait for Neo to backstab her but it will result in another Cinder failure and show she hasn't learned her lesson for the millionth time. Think Neo will go to the heroes?

Good on him, but yeah he doesn't deserve all that flack. Shippers need to chill.
really? just because he got one upped by blake once? i mean yeah he was no longer a threat on a macro level, but that didn't make him any less dangerous to blake on a personal level.