• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I think Adam is an interesting character in a poorly thought out and paced subplot. Really wouldn't call him good (Or anything from the faunus/whitefang/menagerie subplot)
Seconded. I think him being so central to a racism subplot wasn't the best. As others have said, it's like Magneto having Sabretooth's personality
Also Eddy doesn't deserve all the vitrol

Oct 25, 2017
Again, I think a mistake is viewing Adam as "central" to the racism plotline. He is just a part of it. Blake is the center of that plotline, but based on it's reception I don't know if it's going to be continued or swept under the rug.

I was expecting Volume 8 to touch more on the SDC because of Adam's scarring, but with Jacques gone and Salem here... I dunno.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i have issue with people saying that Adam was suddenly not threatening after he got outplayed at Haven, he charged at Blake in a blind rage similar to what Yang did to him at Beacon and got punished for it by one of the best dodgers in the show, and he was forced to run because he was put into an unwinnable position

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
i have issue with people saying that Adam was suddenly not threatening after he got outplayed at Haven, he charged at Blake in a blind rage similar to what Yang did to him at Beacon and got punished for it by one of the best dodgers in the show, and he was forced to run because he was put into an unwinnable position

Eh, I mean Blake was his partner so he should've known her moves. Also he spent half the episode on the ground and then only gets up in the next episode before Naruto running away. It looked ridiculous, and even his minions knew how undignified it was. I don't have an issue with Blake humiliating Adam but the execution was poor as he was hyped up as a huge threat and then gets laughably taken down without a serious fight.

Again, I think a mistake is viewing Adam as "central" to the racism plotline. He is just a part of it. Blake is the center of that plotline, but based on it's reception I don't know if it's going to be continued or swept under the rug.

I was expecting Volume 8 to touch more on the SDC because of Adam's scarring, but with Jacques gone and Salem here... I dunno.

I think this has been said before but MK said that they underestimated the difficulty of the subplot and it's taking a backseat. Why do you think it was barely addressed in Vol 7 and treated more as a background thing and exposition?

I think by 'central' people mean he was basically one of the Big Bad's of the plot, the oppression Faunus suffered shaped his backstory, and he represented just how bad it can get in V6.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

By central, I mean like he's the main villain ala Magneto
and doubtful they will continue it. I was kinda hoping they would touch it with Marrow, but nah.
Speaking of Jacques, that was way too anti-climatic IMO.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I mean Blake was his partner so he should've known her moves. Also he spent half the episode on the ground and then only gets up in the next episode before Naruto running away. It looked ridiculous, and even his minions knew how undignified it was. I don't have an issue with Blake humiliating Adam but the execution was poor as he was hyped up as a huge threat and then gets laughably taken down without a serious fight.

I think this has been said before but MK said that they underestimated the difficulty of the subplot and it's taking a backseat. Why do you think it was barely addressed in Vol 7 and treated more as a background thing and exposition?

I think by 'central' people mean he was basically one of the Big Bad's of the plot, the oppression Faunus suffered shaped his backstory, and he represented just how bad it can get in V6.
again he made the same mistake that Yang did and charged his opponent in a blind rage. also the time scale in those episodes is really wonky since a lot of the events happening happen all at once. i mean how did it take yang Raven and Cinder's entire fight to drop all the way down there?

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
again he made the same mistake that Yang did and charged his opponent in a blind rage. also the time scale in those episodes is really wonky since a lot of the events happening happen all at once. i mean how did it take yang Raven and Cinder's entire fight to drop all the way down there?

Here's the thing. Yang's scene was played for drama and she charged an opponent she knew nothing about. Adam's scene was comical and he charged someone who he once mentored and used an elementary trick he should've seen coming a mile away. The context is different which is why the former was shocking and the latter was just....goofy.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the thing. Yang's scene was played for drama and she charged an opponent she knew nothing about. Adam's scene was comical and he charged someone who he once mentored and used an elementary trick he should've seen coming a mile away. The context is different which is why the former was shocking and the latter was just....goofy.
i disagree, though my impression of Adam might be colored by the fact that my first real exposure to the show was the Blake/Yang vs Adam fight

to me it seems that Adam was expecting Blake to be just as intimidated by him as she was at Beacon and his actions reflected both an overconfidence at how much power he still held over Blake and anger at her for ruining his plans.

It's definitely not out of character or impossible for Adam to have gone down the way he did because like Blake said his power comes from how he controls others and when he's not in control he's not powerful.

that's just my two cents anyway

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
i disagree, though my impression of Adam might be colored by the fact that my first real exposure to the show was the Blake/Yang vs Adam fight

to me it seems that Adam was expecting Blake to be just as intimidated by him as she was at Beacon and his actions reflected both an overconfidence at how much power he still held over Blake and anger at her for ruining his plans.

It's definitely not out of character or impossible for Adam to have gone down the way he did because like Blake said his power comes from how he controls others and when he's not in control he's not powerful.

The searchlight following him while he tumbled was pretty funny

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

Yeah I get what you mean about Adam's power coming from control. But the show also showed he's a formidable fighter in his own right. Just because he lacks one source of power doesn't mean he suddenly should become a grunt taken down by basic tricks. I mean other villains in media like Venom with regards to Spider-Man for example rely on mind games like Adam to get an edge over the hero. But when Spider-Man overcame Venom's games, that didn't mean Venom suddenly went down like a common thug. He got easier to fight but not in the way that was a complete 180 of what was shown before.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I get what you mean about Adam's power coming from control. But the show also showed he's a formidable fighter in his own right. Just because he lacks one source of power doesn't mean he suddenly should become a grunt taken down by basic tricks. I mean other villains in media like Venom with regards to Spider-Man for example rely on mind games like Adam to get an edge over the hero. But when Spider-Man overcame Venom's games, that didn't mean Venom suddenly went down like a common thug. He got easier to fight but not in the way that was a complete 180 of what was shown before.
i mean he was knocked down temporarily by blake, and if we're being honest about the time scale for real not for very long. He retreated because there was no way he was going to be able to fight the faunus militia and haven police force all by himself. I mean Blake even says herself that she's not confident that she and Sun could take him down even fighting together.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Ozpin's monologue at the end of episode 13 was some grade A shit. It's definitely my favorite Oz speech in the show, and it really seems like it's talking about himself just as much as it's talking about the various characters featured in the background during it.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
man I made the mistake of watching Vol 7 I knew I should have quit at vol 6
this Vol confirmed how cowardly they are due to them doing the Ren Nora thing
and from a show that shows death and blood like this. afraid of them other countries censorship it seems
entire vol that was a waste of time

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
so we should be expecting info on volume 8 at rtx?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Rooster Teeth Animation channel uploaded World of Remnant 1 on their channel. Same one as the main channel but now with Chibi Salem thumbnail.

"Teach me Miss Salem!"

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
What do folks think of Ironwood's shift to villainy? Was it too abrupt or done well?

Also, anyone else think Renora was all over the place this volume? Like they kiss, nothing comes of it really

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
What do folks think of Ironwood's shift to villainy? Was it too abrupt or done well?

Also, anyone else think Renora was all over the place this volume? Like they kiss, nothing comes of it really
Nah they been setting up old Jimmy for a heel turn since Volume 2

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fairy tale shorts sounds interesting but eh on the other two. I'm not one for talk shows and I could never get into these "watch people play DnD" shows.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the manga also cut out Blake and Yang's talk in burning the candle?

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
They changed some scenes and expanded on the Ruby getting captured by the White Fang. Roman basically leaves Ruby tied and bound to a chair and gagged with a bunch of men "to have fun"
tenor.gif

Who thought this would be a good idea?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Three new RWBY projects before Volume 8 launches this year

A Behind the scense show, a RWBY inspired D&D show (starring the cast and crew), and new 2D animated shorts based on fairy tales in Remnant

None of these are RWBY Chibi unfortunately

EQh6HKYWAAIF0mO

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
hot take i don't really like rwby chibi and if it means the crew doesn't have more work im all for it never coming back

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Main team should be focused on the main show no doubt lest we have to deal with production issues like vol 4 and 5

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I perfectly understand and respect the decision to not do more Chibi. If it stops the main team from having to crunch I'm all for it.

At the same time I still wish we could have seen Chibi Oscar and Salem.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know that was also a project of the main team, I don't blame them for not bringing it back if that's the case. The wellbeing of the team comes first
That's what I mean. If chibi takes away from the production of the main show and causes the main team to crunch they should hold off on doing it.

DragonKeeper

Nov 14, 2017
Female character who's design wasn't sexualized? Oh GOD! Can't have that! First Cinder trades in her dress for the stage name Bondage Pirate. Neo turns into a partially unwrapped ice cream bar, and while Salem went down her "Big Female Villain Debut" check list she realized she needed to mark off "Boob Window".

Last edited: