• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Just joking around.

Still kinda weirded out at people thirsting after "Battle Damaged Winter"
Oh I know you were, lol
and eh, without battle damage edit, she looks like a total babe

EPtW24XX0AELsx_

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Also, anyone else displeased with Ren? I think Ren has a cool design and weapons and I like his personality but honestly, the guy is so forgettable as a character. Of Team JNR, he's clearly the least developed and background and I forget he's in the show at times. Jaune is the leader and Nora has her personality to make her stand out, but aside from Renora, Ren doesn't really have anything going for him. Volume 7 tried to do some things with him, but they just came across as clunky and not paced well/inconsistent or came out of nowhere. I really want to like Ren and have him as my fav but he's just soo....bland it's hard to like/remember him.

ObbyDent

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Why is the RWBY fandom so fucking awful? In one corner we have weird incel manchildren who want Yang to die, in another corner we have weebs thirsting over underage characters and obsessing over their cup sizes, and in yet another corner is a large angry group of people who don't understand good writing and just attack the crew for their creative choices. It's completely baffling.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the RWBY fandom so fucking awful? In one corner we have weird incel manchildren who want Yang to die, in another corner we have weebs thirsting over underage characters and obsessing over their cup sizes, and in yet another corner is a large angry group of people who don't understand good writing and just attack the crew for their creative choices. It's completely baffling.

It's not the RWBY fandom - all fandoms are trash. You notice it once at first, but then it pops up over and over in other fandoms.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
You forgot the obsessive shippers and I've never heard of the second group

But it's not just RWBY, all fandoms can be crap as said before

Oct 25, 2017
Literally the reason I posted that rant was the top post that day in the RWBY subreddit had a discussion about Ruby's cup size

Yeah, I don't think that would have been there for long.

I made an account recently, and saw someone made a post asking about "panty shots" and everyone just went "bruh" and the post was removed by moderation I think.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh neat, is it the same handle as here?

It was ChungybutFunky

I'm kinda stepping away from the reddit since it was a bit "much"

I made that one post about people blaming RWBY for everything are being ridiculous and hit a point of frustration when people were stanning for "abuse of power" Cordovin saying she was completely in the right because "she is the law".

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
It was ChungybutFunky

I'm kinda stepping away from the reddit since it was a bit "much"

I made that one post about people blaming RWBY for everything are being ridiculous and hit a point of frustration when people were stanning for "abuse of power" Cordovin saying she was completely in the right because "she is the law".
Oh right and also that post about Ren's Semblance
I'm ShadowSJG btw

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
While you do get the occasional thirsty art I think the mods do a decent job of stopping it before it goes to far. 90% of that sub is shipping art anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Something that really bothers me is some of the takes I've seen about Yang this season.

- People acting like the writers forgot her character development because she kicked a survellience drone away from herself in the first episode
- People saying she is an entitled person because she needed to have a scene saying "thank you" to Ironwood, when her entire arc in V4 was struggling to accept using the arm and acting like Ironwood and Pietro had to hear her say thank you is ludicrous
- People who complain about her telling Robyn have a pretty big overlap with people mad about Blake and Yang killing Adam... when the whole reason they told Robyn is because they are both clearly unhappy with the fact they killed Adam (but instead people like to act as if they made out over Adam's dead corpse)

The misconstrusion of her actions this volume to paint her as a terrible person is genuinely baffling.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
Something that really bothers me is some of the takes I've seen about Yang this season.

- People acting like the writers forgot her character development because she kicked a survellience drone away from herself in the first episode
- People saying she is an entitled person because she needed to have a scene saying "thank you" to Ironwood, when her entire arc in V4 was struggling to accept using the arm and acting like Ironwood and Pietro had to hear her say thank you is ludicrous
- People who complain about her telling Robyn have a pretty big overlap with people mad about Blake and Yang killing Adam... when the whole reason they told Robyn is because they are both clearly unhappy with the fact they killed Adam (but instead people like to act as if they made out over Adam's dead corpse)

The misconstrusion of her actions this volume to paint her as a terrible person is genuinely baffling.
yeah i've seen that

reeks heavily of sexism

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
yeah i've seen that

reeks heavily of sexism
You can easily see that when those same people make a video that puts "Ironwood confronting team RWBY" at top 3 of best moments of volume 7

It's also no wonder that those same people go about "Ironwood did nothing wrong" even though it's being pointed out that he is letting his paranoia cloud his judgment and letting people to die is not the solution

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
You can easily see that when those same people make a video that puts "Ironwood confronting team RWBY" at top 3 of best moments of volume 7

It's also no wonder that those same people go about "Ironwood did nothing wrong" even though it's being pointed out that he is letting his paranoia cloud his judgment and letting people to die is not the solution

Is this the same person who thinks a good start to the next volume is Salem murdering half the cast and complains they can't kill team RWBY. Because they are probably one of the worst RWBY youtubers on the platform

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
my reaction to most of the prominent RWBY youtubers:

ksMr9wk.gif

i think the only one i've come across that i actually kinda like is MurderOfBirds

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure I know who you guys are talking about and I hate them.

I'd love to hear these "Ironwood was right" assholes try and justify the attempted murder of a 14 year old boy who wasn't threatening him in the slightest.

Oct 25, 2017
I know her VA left on bad terms, but is Glynda Goodwitch ever going to make a reappearance? They dropped Qrow's old VA for a new one no problem, so what gives?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know her VA left on bad terms, but is Glynda Goodwitch ever going to make a reappearance? They dropped Qrow's old VA for a new one no problem, so what gives?
Qrow would be a much harder character to get rid of. Glynda was a relatively minor character who was closely attached to a local the series just happened to be moving away from.

I think the fact they pretty much used Winter in her place in Chibi says it all.

Oct 25, 2017
Still, I'd think if they were to bring her back at all, this point in the story might not be a bad time given her implied romantic history with Ironwood. I'm picturing team RWBY enlisting her help in a last ditch effort to get through to him.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure I know who you guys are talking about and I hate them.

I'd love to hear these "Ironwood was right" assholes try and justify the attempted murder of a 14 year old boy who wasn't threatening him in the slightest.

It's the same reason people liked Adam for cutting off Yang's arm and stabbing Blake.

"I don't like them, so they should die and I like the character who tried to kill them"

Seriously, Blake has done nothing wrong since V4, but people hate her so much and just want her dead for some reason, or think Yang should have beaten her when she rejoins the team. The guy we are speaking about wanted that to happen.

Might as well drop the "vagueness". Vexed is up there as one of the worst youtubers along HeroHei and Adel Aka.

He thinks Ironwood shooting Oscar was "the second best moment of V7" and not for a good reason. I like the moment because it shows Ironwood's decent into paranoia and his frustration boiling over. Vexed likes it because "I don't like Oscar. Ironwood good for shooting him"

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I kinda find it hillarious that out of all the RWBY Reveiws, the one who is most praising Vol 7 and thinks it's the best volume is MuffinManDan of all pepole (yes he came back)

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda find it hillarious that out of all the RWBY Reveiws, the one who is most praising Vol 7 and thinks it's the best volume is MuffinManDan of all pepole (yes he came back)

I don't think any of the youtubers who made a big deal about dropping the show actually dropped it. Floofartist continues to make an ass out of himself and now is screaming at people who call him out for not actually dropping the show that it's a "non-sequitur"

He doesn't understand what a non-sequitur means.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
It's the same reason people liked Adam for cutting off Yang's arm and stabbing Blake.

"I don't like them, so they should die and I like the character who tried to kill them"

Seriously, Blake has done nothing wrong since V4, but people hate her so much and just want her dead for some reason, or think Yang should have beaten her when she rejoins the team. The guy we are speaking about wanted that to happen.

Might as well drop the "vagueness". Vexed is up there as one of the worst youtubers along HeroHei and Adel Aka.

He thinks Ironwood shooting Oscar was "the second best moment of V7" and not for a good reason. I like the moment because it shows Ironwood's decent into paranoia and his frustration boiling over. Vexed likes it because "I don't like Oscar. Ironwood good for shooting him"

Wow, those were his reasons? Yeah, that's not a good look. I wouldn't say he's HeroHei and Adel bad as he doesn't seem to have the right-wing misogyny, racism, conspiracy theories, Vic stanning, and other garbage that those clowns look. Also the thing is on his livestreams he seems way more chill and respectful than in his actual videos, which is kinda confusing.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
So I wanted to ask everyone what their favorite song from each album is?

here's my list

Volume 1: I Burn

Volume 2: Caffeine

Volume 3: Neon

Volume 4: Home

Volume 5: Ignite

Volume 6: Nevermore

Volume 7 before we've heard the full ones yet: War

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

here's my list

Volume 1: This will be the Day
Volume 2: Intro
Volume 4: Armed and Ready
Volume 6: Lionized

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

here's my list

Hmmm tough choices

Volume 1: I Burn, Mirror Mirror, From Shadows, Red Like Roses, This Will Be the Day

Volume 2: Time To Say Goodbye

Volume 3: Neon/I May Fall/I'm The One

Volume 4: Let's Just Live

Volume 5: The Truimph

Volume 6: Lionize/One Thing

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, those were his reasons? Yeah, that's not a good look. I wouldn't say he's HeroHei and Adel bad as he doesn't seem to have the right-wing misogyny, racism, conspiracy theories, Vic stanning, and other garbage that those clowns look. Also the thing is on his livestreams he seems way more chill and respectful than in his actual videos, which is kinda confusing.

I blame volume 5 for the state of the current youtube landscape. So many people made their "youtube career" shitting on V5, that when V6 was a genuine improvement... they couldn't keep coasting on going "show is bad" and basically now make up reasons to shit on it or have to heavily misinterpret what is happening on screen to complain about it. Vexed is real bad with this because he is shown time and time again that he actively doesn't listen or pay attention to whats happening in the show. If he doesn't like something he lashes out at people like a child, and delivers hollow praise when he does like something. I genuinely think RWBY would actually be a terrible show if the writers actually listened to most of what Vexed says about it.

And in the moments he has a good point such as Ruby's lack of agency in V5... when it's addressed he complains the writers are pandering.

The guy is literally complaining for the sake of complaining because thats what his audience wants. You can see proof of this where a video if he is "positive about something" gets less views than when he claims something is terrible.

He's just some guy ranting and talking out of his ass, and is barely above Adel Aka in terms of quality of content.

Hei's fucking weird because he was so staunchly against criticism when V5 clearly needed it. But once they cut ties with Vic he basically became a grifter and literally just makes videos profiting on outrage because it makes him money.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people who hate team RWBY even watch the show?

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people who hate team RWBY even watch the show?

The concept of hate watching is always stupid to me.

But in the case of Team RWBY, I notice people who "hate them" hate them because they aren't what they want them to be.

Blake is probably the best showcase of this issue.

I think one of RWBY's early writing issues was it left things too vague. That meant people made their own headcanons to fill in those blanks. With Volume 1-3, a popular headcanon was that Blake was an orphan because she looked kinda desheveled in that still art of her as a child and that's what she meant by "she was raised by the white fang" in Volume 1.

People also assumed that because she was a member of the white fang, the reason she ran away was because she was ashamed she was a killer and a terrorist. (Even though literally in the Black trailer she says "what about the people on the train" when Adam says plant the bombs)

So when it's revealed in V4 Blake actually comes from a loving family, her family is well respected and basically the president of Menagerie... people couldn't handle it. Blake was called entitled, terrible, a hypocrite, a princess, pretending to understand racism, etc...

When the show makes it clear Blake never lived in those comforts her family had, she travelled with them, and she insulted them and went with Adam when they had issues with how the White Fang was changing. She hates herself for trusting Adam, she hates herself and blames herself for what happened to Beacon and Yang. She is a character who is drowning in self loathing and believes she doesn't deserve friends or people who care about her. That's why she is trying so hard to push Sun away in that Volume because she thinks she doesn't deserve anything good.

And the point of her arc in that volume is she shouldn't hate and torture herself.

But to the people who wanted Blake to be the "orphan terrorist assassin" they refused to listen to this and condemned her character, and think she deserves nothing good, and want her to be punished for being a brat.

This is why it's so hard to talk about this show online. Because people get latched onto an idea, and refuse to let go of it.

That's why the conversation around Adam is so polluted. Because people can't let go of their headcanon that Adam was just a "misunderstood revolutionary".

This isn't a problem exclusive to RWBY. It's in almost all media discussion. Example: I think Amon is a good villain, but people hate him and call him "wasted potential" because he was just some dude pretending to be a godly figure and not Aang, someone important,etc.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I blame volume 5 for the state of the current youtube landscape. So many people made their "youtube career" shitting on V5, that when V6 was a genuine improvement... they couldn't keep coasting on going "show is bad" and basically now make up reasons to shit on it or have to heavily misinterpret what is happening on screen to complain about it. Vexed is real bad with this because he is shown time and time again that he actively doesn't listen or pay attention to whats happening in the show. If he doesn't like something he lashes out at people like a child, and delivers hollow praise when he does like something. I genuinely think RWBY would actually be a terrible show if the writers actually listened to most of what Vexed says about it.

And in the moments he has a good point such as Ruby's lack of agency in V5... when it's addressed he complains the writers are pandering.

The guy is literally complaining for the sake of complaining because thats what his audience wants. You can see proof of this where a video if he is "positive about something" gets less views than when he claims something is terrible.

He's just some guy ranting and talking out of his ass, and is barely above Adel Aka in terms of quality of content.

Hei's fucking weird because he was so staunchly against criticism when V5 clearly needed it. But once they cut ties with Vic he basically became a grifter and literally just makes videos profiting on outrage because it makes him money.
Hero Hei is a hack and a loser who literally makes shit out of nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if he made a video about this thread. I think he made of video of wanting to torture and rape Cinder right? So no surprise he's a vic stan/creep

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
The concept of hate watching is always stupid to me.

But in the case of Team RWBY, I notice people who "hate them" hate them because they aren't what they want them to be.

Blake is probably the best showcase of this issue.

I think one of RWBY's early writing issues was it left things too vague. That meant people made their own headcanons to fill in those blanks. With Volume 1-3, a popular headcanon was that Blake was an orphan because she looked kinda desheveled in that still art of her as a child and that's what she meant by "she was raised by the white fang" in Volume 1.

People also assumed that because she was a member of the white fang, the reason she ran away was because she was ashamed she was a killer and a terrorist. (Even though literally in the Black trailer she says "what about the people on the train" when Adam says plant the bombs)

So when it's revealed in V4 Blake actually comes from a loving family, her family is well respected and basically the president of Menagerie... people couldn't handle it. Blake was called entitled, terrible, a hypocrite, a princess, pretending to understand racism, etc...

When the show makes it clear Blake never lived in those comforts her family had, she travelled with them, and she insulted them and went with Adam when they had issues with how the White Fang was changing. She hates herself for trusting Adam, she hates herself and blames herself for what happened to Beacon and Yang. She is a character who is drowning in self loathing and believes she doesn't deserve friends or people who care about her. That's why she is trying so hard to push Sun away in that Volume because she thinks she doesn't deserve anything good.

And the point of her arc in that volume is she shouldn't hate and torture herself.

But to the people who wanted Blake to be the "orphan terrorist assassin" they refused to listen to this and condemned her character, and think she deserves nothing good, and want her to be punished for being a brat.

This is why it's so hard to talk about this show online. Because people get latched onto an idea, and refuse to let go of it.

That's why the conversation around Adam is so polluted. Because people can't let go of their headcanon that Adam was just a "misunderstood revolutionary".

This isn't a problem exclusive to RWBY. It's in almost all media discussion. Example: I think Amon is a good villain, but people hate him and call him "wasted potential" because he was just some dude pretending to be a godly figure and not Aang, someone important,etc.
The sheer amount of willful ignorance it takes to think someone who has been in an anti-racism protest/vigilante group their entire life doesn't really understand racism is frankly staggering.

I've also seen at least one person claim that they didn't think that Adam was abusive, but then turn around and claim that Blake was abusive to Yang when she left.

Oct 25, 2017
Hero Hei is a hack and a loser who literally makes shit out of nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if he made a video about this thread. I think he made of video of wanting to torture and rape Cinder right? So no surprise he's a vic stan/creep

Wouldn't be surprised either. He's a parasite.

Someone told me on reddit something genuinely hilarious. He seriously reported on Rocco from Mega64 leaving Roosterteeth. Rocco has never worked for RT and made a joke regarding people leaving the company, and Hei took it seriously and made a video about it. There is also the messed up shit like trying to blame the RWBY fanbase over a fake suicide, and then when it was revealed it was fake he tried to distance himself from the blame of propagating that lie.

He went from blind fan to grifter extraordinaire.