• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I'll accept grimm Adam on the condition that he's on screen for 5 minutes and embarrassingly jobs to Blake. Not Blake and Yang, just Blake.

So basically Vol 5 again?

Also another crack ship from me:

c374d9fbe4955d2fe05b74db0503c1c8ea14c6d6_hq.jpg

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
a weird sentiment i've seen being bandied about a little is that Blake Yang and Weiss should be portrayed as being weaker than team JNR(minus Jaune of course), the reasoning being that they weren't actively going on missions or training like team RNJR(though Yang was training with Tai for at least a month to get back in shape and it's not like Blake wasn't doing anything, weiss was also practicing her summoning while cooped up at home.)

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
a weird sentiment i've seen being bandied about a little is that Blake Yang and Weiss should be portrayed as being weaker than team JNR(minus Jaune of course), the reasoning being that they weren't actively going on missions or training like team RNJR(though Yang was training with Tai for at least a month to get back in shape and it's not like Blake wasn't doing anything, weiss was also practicing her summoning while cooped up at home.)
Well, they do let Nora be a powerhouse from time to time even though I think they forgot about her semblance for the last two volumes. Regardless, sounds like power level type bullshit. From a storytelling perspective, there really isn't much to gain by showing Ren and Nora dominate the fights more than Blake, Yang, and Weiss. The fucking show is called RWBY, they are the main characters.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

What? Where is this coming from? I've never seen this on the RWBY subreddit, twitter, etc.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Just a couple of users on twitter I've seen while browsing for fan art of Yang specifically

The guys probably aren't worth listening too.

Anyway time for fave RWBY Songs.

1. Lionize
2. I Burn
3. From Shadows
4. Mirror Mirror
5. This Will Be The Day
6. Let's Just Live
7. One Thing.
8. Red Like Roses
9. I'm The One
10. I May Fall

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway time for fave RWBY Songs.

1. Lionize
2. I Burn
3. From Shadows
4. Mirror Mirror
5. This Will Be The Day
6. Let's Just Live
7. One Thing.
8. Red Like Roses
9. I'm The One
10. I May Fall
  1. Bmblb
  2. Bmblb
  3. Bmblb
  4. Bmblb
  5. Bmblb
  6. Bmblb
  7. Bmblb
  8. Bmblb
  9. Bmblb
  10. Bmblb
:P

There are too many good vocal songs to pick from. Relistening to some tracks and "Path to Isolation" is real good, Vol. 5 has some quality songs. Relistined to "Red Like Roses - Part II" and I wish Casey could do more duets like that with her mother.

Last edited:

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Ignite is number one no i won't be taking questions or criticisms

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
???

They've established multiple times that Yang is probably the strongest one of that entire 7 person group. So that take sounds hella dumb.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh we doing lists?

In no real order.

Bad Luck Charm
Red Like Roses II
Armed and Ready
Caffeine
I May Fall
This Life is Mine
Rising
Divide

Probably more I'm forgetting but these are some of my faves that I immediately think of.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
What is everyone's favorite OP overall? Not just the song but the actual opening video leading into the episode. It's pretty tough for me to decide between Rising and Trust Love, but I think I'm gonna have to go with Trust Love.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
What is everyone's favorite OP overall? Not just the song but the actual opening video leading into the episode. It's pretty tough for me to decide between Rising and Trust Love, but I think I'm gonna have to go with Trust Love.

Hmmm. With visuals too. If so then I'm torn between This Will be the Day,Time To Say Goodbye, and Let's Just Live.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Die
Red Like Roses 2
Like Morning Follows Night
It's My Turn
One Thing
Neon
Let's Just Live

Favorite OP is When It Falls. Rising and Trust Love are way up there though

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Though I gotta say the closing group shot in Rising is way better than the one in Trust Love. I think with Trust Love they were going for like a movie poster style thing, but the 3D models kinda make it look a bit awkward whereas the shot of Weiss helping Ruby to her feet backed by everyone striking cool poses looks way better.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Adam should've gone on to hang out with his spiritual soulmate....Cardin Winchester

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Adam should've gone on to hang out with his spiritual soulmate....Cardin Winchester

Nah. Adam's spiritual soulmate is Cinder as their both power hungry, abusive, spiteful, one-eyed revenge-driven maniacs. They even could make up the difference in their eye loss as both of them still have their right eyes.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
Also does anyone else miss Cinder's old weapons:

latest

Simple and classic yet effective and cool looking which was an interesting contrast to the rest of the cast. Her new weapons are basically swords and that's boring.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Her semblance lets her make things out of glass right?

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't confirmed, or at least named, until last year. Huh. I think at this point they just need to soft drop semblances, which they sort of have done. Not in the sense of removing the powers, but not making it a clear mechanic of the world. This isn't My Hero Academia or such, we don't need to know every little detail about a character's abilities or potential. That stuff really only matters to people that want to do power level type discussions, and they'll do so anyway. Heck, we don't even know what Penny's semblance is but that doesn't really matter now. When they inevitably reveal it, it'll likely be used as a deus ex machina regardless. Case in point Jaune's semblance.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't confirmed, or at least named, until last year. Huh. I think at this point they just need to soft drop semblances, which they sort of have done. Not in the sense of removing the powers, but not making it a clear mechanic of the world. This isn't My Hero Academia or such, we don't need to know every little detail about a character's abilities or potential. That stuff really only matters to people that want to do power level type discussions, and they'll do so anyway. Heck, we don't even know what Penny's semblance is but that doesn't really matter now. When they inevitably reveal it, it'll likely be used as a deus ex machina regardless. Case in point Jaune's semblance.

Since Penny is using part of Pietro's soul instead of having her own, she probably will have his semblance.

Oct 25, 2017
Since Penny is using part of Pietro's soul instead of having her own, she probably will have his semblance.

Or it's possible she doesn't have one. Some characters like Roman never had a semblance

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
maybe Pietro's semblance is to imbue things with his aura

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
things I want to see in volume 8

Yang vs Neo round 2

more team RWBY interactions specifically Ruby/Blake, Yang/Weiss, Weiss/Blake, Yang/Ruby

Blake and Yang Kiss

Ruby asking Blake what her intentions with her sister are and Blake saying: "I would tell you Ruby, but I don't want to traumatize you."

Blake vs Cinder Dual Wield Sword battle(i dunno have Cinder run out of magic before fighting Blake or something)

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
personally I've pretty much always like all of the main kids

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't commented in a while because I felt I needed a break from the RWBY fandom, but one of the worst takes I've seen is "Yang doesn't care about Ruby" because she spent two volumes rebuilding her relationship with Blake.

Like... people forgot V5 was about her going to find her sister and then hugging her and saying "I love you" because the problem in V3 was she was so upset she ignored Ruby saying "I love you" when she tried comforting her.

The takes I've seen regarding Blake and Yang as characters have been the fucking worst, with people saying that Blake is "a badly written asshole" like they think she is supposed to be manipulative or "she doesn't care about slavery" because she killed Adam or with Yang people trying to complain she has "no character" and actually arguing the idea that her being a bimbo would be better than what she is now.

And all of this feels so fucking transparent because people are mad Bumblebee has pretty much been confirmed as canon.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Yang wasn't even a bimbo in her debut. She was a dork with a cheesy sense of humor, and a bit of a weird fashion sense. Her attitude throughout volumes 5 and 6 was actually pretty understandable. She already wasn't in the best of places(better than she was in volume 4) and shit just kept getting piled on her and her family so of course she was angry and angsty. Her being unsure of her relationship with Blake didn't help things in volume 6 either. One thing I noticed going back over volume 7 was that Yang's eyes didn't change color because she was angry at all in that volume eve though there were a few instances where they easily could've in fact the only time her eyes changed color was when she used her semblance against Elm. That is to say she has way better control of her temper in volume 7 than she did in volume 5 and 6. She also cracked jokes and goofed around more in volume 7 than she did since volume 3. So I'm not really sure why some people still act like she flies off the handle at others like she did in volume 5 and 6.

Oct 25, 2017
RTX has been delayed to Labor Day.

Since that is usually when first details about the upcoming volume appear, I don't know if they'll announce stuff before the convention.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
I haven't commented in a while because I felt I needed a break from the RWBY fandom, but one of the worst takes I've seen is "Yang doesn't care about Ruby" because she spent two volumes rebuilding her relationship with Blake.

Like... people forgot V5 was about her going to find her sister and then hugging her and saying "I love you" because the problem in V3 was she was so upset she ignored Ruby saying "I love you" when she tried comforting her.

The takes I've seen regarding Blake and Yang as characters have been the fucking worst, with people saying that Blake is "a badly written asshole" like they think she is supposed to be manipulative or "she doesn't care about slavery" because she killed Adam or with Yang people trying to complain she has "no character" and actually arguing the idea that her being a bimbo would be better than what she is now.

And all of this feels so fucking transparent because people are mad Bumblebee has pretty much been confirmed as canon.

I think you take the opinion of idiots WAY too seriously. I mean what they isn't really going to do anything in the long run or change about about the show, so why are you giving weight to what they say?