Status
Not open for further replies.

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
It's just an opinion. Why do we have to put so much stock into one person's opinion? Where is he talking about Xbox and Phil Spencer?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, if a guy at IGN said it, it's true then.

tutomos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks) - Continued history of platform warring across numerous posts
Finally, a long time Xbox fan can admit he is wrong!

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing this gen felt like it couldnt be done last gen gameplay wise, just the scope of the open world games.

If this is mostly graphics, and loading screens again, I'd take last gen holding games back, but having 4k/60FPS on PS5/XSX.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone into PC gaming should know minimum requirements are an actual thing.

I'm not the typical PC gamer and I know this.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
3Ce4hxYrc5A3dB3sY-CDXWP1Qa4=.gif

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So why would we consider Phil Spencer's words to be "nonsense" but this guy to be the gospel?
Phil's job is to hype up XBox. He will always talk and talk whether or not it is true.
Ryan's job is partly to report on XBox. If he falsely reports on developer opinions he would get fired. Not to mention he's IGN's XBox guy so I don't see why he would make up fake stories that hurt XBox.

oni_gank

Banned
May 13, 2019
That's right. I commend devs who are trying their best to make games available everywhere, but I just don't like the notion made by some people that "making a next-gen exclusive game is somehow anti-consumer" STFU.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
From a technical perspective: he's right.

From a business perspective: ask me again when the console pricing is finally revealed.

m0dus

Truant Pixel
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
May I throw my hat into the ring, having had the chance to mess around with a few things already?

It depends on the game. Not just what the game is attempting to achieve graphically, but the very fundamental aspects of how it is designed and how things like levels, characters, narrative and traversal are structured. Some things will scale easily, some things won't. To paint the entire medium with such a broad stroke is fallacious.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand how so many people fell for whatever nonsense was being bandied about earlier on.

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
The other day people including Ryan joked about how a Sony marketing guy said ps5 has the best launch lineup In playstation history and chalked it up to pr. I hope people take everything Phil says with a grain of salt as well and that he is trying to put his product in the best possible light. He may be a good guy but doesn't mean everything he says is genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.