• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. It's like getting a degree for law and working as a truck driver, or getting a degree for teaching but working a desk job. You could have been a lawyer or a teacher, but you aren't.
Technically, a "lawyer" is someone with a JD degree. An "attorney" is someone who is license to practice law.
Edit: I had read this before when researching the difference, but looking now it seems that providing legal advice is part of being a lawyer? You're not allowed to do that without a license, so I'm not sure what's true anymore. Maybe I should become a geologist like Vern

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He's such an insufferable douchebag. I hope this means the law is catching up to him too for all his shady shit.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
The second half of the Trump Administration looks to be a doozy. Pelosi slapping that hand down and Mueller and other investigations coming down the pipe.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Why would him quitting stop him from being questioned?
It doesn't he's just stupid. He figures if he's no longer in the Trump orbit, he'd avoid the scrutiny, his ridiculous corruption would be ignored and they'd end the investigations into him. Obviously he's wrong.

But what do I know.. I'm just a simple geologist.

Last edited:

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

White House pushed Zinke to quit for weeks and told him he would be fired if he did not. He was viewed as big issue w/Democrats taking House. But he wanted to have his Christmas party Thursday night, where he invited activists, lobbyists, donors and more. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...1f9104-0077-11e9-ad40-cdfd0e0dd65a_story.html

duenpztxqaa4oqr9yfcc.jpg

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

Here's the Zinke Christmas party at Interior from this week, which he really wanted to have before he left. White House told him he'd either quit or be fired before Democrats take House. The animals appear to have ornaments. He resigned post-party. https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...1f9104-0077-11e9-ad40-cdfd0e0dd65a_story.html

dueqbfzu8aae4zkkaiqa.jpg

Last edited:

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
In an alternate timeline this guy could have likely beaten Tester to become senator. Funny how that worked out.

Heller wouldn't be too bad of a pick. He's someone who at least appreciates the outdoors and understand conservation in the terms of hunting and fishing.

Zinke said the same shit. These guys are all the same.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If a degree in geology doesn't make you a geologist, what does?

Passing a geologist exam (National Association that provides material for the exams) to start a process to becoming a professional geologist (lots of steps in between the initial exam and being considered a PG) and working as a geologist does. Yes, I am skipping a lot of steps, but having a degree in geology does not count as others have stated.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to find a clean member of this administration is becoming a game of Wheres Waldo.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

AP: Interior Secretary Zinke resigning, cites 'vicious' attacks
WASHINGTON (AP) — Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, facing federal investigations into his travel, political activity and potential conflicts of interest, will be leaving the administration at year's end, Trump said Saturday. In his resignation letter, obtained by The Associated Press, Zinke said "vicious and politically motivated attacks" against him had "created an unfortunate distraction" in fulfilling the agency's mission.
------------
Zinke is leaving weeks before Democrats take control of the House, a shift in power that promises to sharpen the probes into his conduct. His departure comes amid a staff shake-up as Trump heads into his third year in office facing increased legal exposure due to intensifying investigations into his campaign, business, foundation and administration.
Zinke's resignation letter, obtained from a Zinke aide on Saturday, cites what he calls "meritless and false claims" and says that "to some, truth no longer matters."
The letter, dated Saturday, said Zinke's last day would be Jan. 2. It was not clear whether Zinke had already submitted the letter when Trump tweeted.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
True Story:

I know someone who got a private, drunk, and random tour of underneath the Lincoln Memorial by this man.

He also flick his son's forehead with his finger.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Secretary Ryan Zinke @SecretaryZinke

I love working for the President and am incredibly proud of all the good work we've accomplished together. However, after 30 years of public service, I cannot justify spending thousands of dollars defending myself and my family against false allegations. Full statement attached.

dueqxr_xgaewrtv1lfyo.jpg

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
You're talking about former Nevada senator Dean Heller, right? The same Dean Heller who opposed ACA repeal right up until he decided to actually vote for it? Who hated Trump until he fell in love with him? Who has voted in lockstep with most other Senate Republicans in repealing environmental regulations?

No Republican in the running for Interior secretary is going to be any kind of champion of conservation. Zinke did the same song and dance during his confirmation process about how he grew up with a strong passion for the outdoors, understood the importance of federal lands and national monuments and keeping them safe from exploitation...and then proceeded to shrink national monuments and open federal lands and waters for drilling.