• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/NagamatsuRyo/status/1652991363515047936

You can check his song credits (that include multiple Galaxy 2, Mario Kart 8 and more) at:
nintendo.fandom.com

Ryo Nagamatsu

Ryo Nagamatsu (born October 25, 1982) () is a video game composer previously employed at Nintendo. He originally joined the company in April 2006 and worked on a variety of games, mostly in the Mario, Mario Kart and 2D The Legend of Zelda franchises, usually been involved with soundtracks with...

Pretty big loss for Nintendo, hopefully he'll still work with them as a freelancer.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. He was a fantastic arranger. His work on A Link Between Worlds and Link's Awakening was superb. Just perfectly tasteful interpretations of the source materials.

Last edited:

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Splat music is so unique and distinct, sad for Nintendo. Sounds like he's going to move around though which is cool.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man that sucks. His C-Side and Salmon Run songs in Splatoon 3 are fantastic

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah shit, him and Mahito Yokota were the rising stars in the Wii era and really brought Nintendo's tunes to new heights, this is a big bummer.

Re-Tails

Aug 16, 2020
Wonder if he'll still work with Nintendo as a contractor then, wouldn't be too surprised if that's the case.

EntelechyFuff

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Nov 19, 2019
Dude definitely recognized his unique value in the industry. Looking forward to hearing his style across other games.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If it's an amicable split maybe he'll still work with Nintendo as a freelancer.

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
The face shrine music in Link's Awakening Switch made the game for me. I hope he stills does some work with Nintendo!

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
Good for him! Seems like everything he has touched sounds excellent. Wishing him all the best.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
from the wording of his tweet, it sounds like he's going freelance.

Funkallero

Oct 28, 2017
Tokyo
His real passion is photography???

(lol can you imagine?)

He's holding a cinema (digital) camera (Canon C200). This isn't a photo camera.

2654.jpg

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Damn. He was by far my favorite of the "new" guard, and I think he really nailed the Zelda feeling. I wish him the best!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The work he did with Nintendo was immaculate. Sounds like he mainly left to broaden his horizons, I hope he manages to work with them more at some point in the future.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
He could easily still keep working primarily with Nintendo. Remember, Nobuo Uematsu doesn't work for Square Enix anymore either and hasn't for years, but still works largely with them on a contract basis.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
oh no. there goes future Splatoon's OSTs.

hopefully his next career goes even better.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Up there with Yokota as the best of Nintendo's modern composers -- ALBW, MK8, Splatoon 2/3, the Link's Awakening remake, and Nintendo Land are perfection. Here's hoping this isn't the end of his relationship with Nintendo, but in the meantime, I wish him the best on his future endeavors.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
Splatoon 3 has an amazing ost. Whoever gets this guy will be very lucky.

Blue_Toad507

May 25, 2021
Sad to hear. A Link Between Worlds had an incredible soundtrack that has stuck with me a decade later. And his Mute City arrangement is straight fire.

Best of luck to his future endeavours.

OrigamiPirate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
San Francisco
I hope his comments indicate that this is simply the end of him working EXCLUSIVELY for Nintendo. Would love to get future Splatoon OSTs featuring his work, while also seeing him get to stretch his wings

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Oof. Can't blame such a talented guy for wanting to broaden his horizons, but he's been one of Nintendo's best since the day he arrived.