• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
If we go by the Adore leak, it only fits the Ryzen 3 3300. Same base clock and boost. R5 3600 clocked higher. Ofc things can change, as most things do. But so far the leak have been pretty much on point.
vwlolMN.png

That leak was from last year, and while the technology is correct (chiplets, 12C, etc) the lineup shown here is wrong.

Quite a few people (including myself) already have the lineup list. As with most tech launchs, like consoles for example, all the details are sent to the press ahead of time. So we already know whats coming.

EDIT: The point i'm trying to make is to wind expectations right back, as theyre going way too far out of control in this thread.

Nov 8, 2017
That leak was from last year, and while the technology is correct (chiplets, 12C, etc) the lineup shown here is wrong.

Quite a few people (including myself) already have the lineup list. As with most tech launchs, like consoles for example, all the details are sent to the press ahead of time. So we already know whats coming.

Care to have a stab at a public leak from your end :P

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I am still ready to get an amd cpu. It's been a while since I had one (Athlon 64) but I'm ready.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Care to have a stab at a public leak from your end :P

Sure thing. I'll put it in spoiler tags so it doesnt ruin it for some people who want to go in blind.

R5 3600- 6C 12T
R5 3600X- 6C 12T
R7 3700- 8C 16T
R7 3700X- 8C 16T
R7 3800X- 12C 24T
-Launch in July
-A few months later you'll get the 3200G and 3400G APU's, which will round off the lower end.
-Those have already been announced (albeit their laptop varients), basic 4c/4t and 4c/8t respectively on 12nm
-Prices all around are quite reasonable, however theyre not the miracle works you've heard before
-3800X is priced lower then the OG 1800X, so you don't have to worry about spending $500
-16C 32T unit isnt coming at launch, or even being revealed.
-Ive heard numerous months for that, but the general consensus is Winter

EDIT: Also seems like Apisak has joined in, I'd follow him btw. Very informed person who does great work hunting down prototype processors.

Last edited:

Nachtmaer

Oct 27, 2017
Sure thing. I'll put it in spoiler tags so it doesnt ruin it for some people who want to go in blind.

3600- 6C 12T
3600X- 6C 12T
3700- 8C 16T
3700X- 8C 16T
3800X- 12C 24T
-Launch in July
-A few months later you'll get the 3200G and 3400G APU's, which will round off the lower end.
-Those have already been announced (albeit their laptop varients), basic 4c/4t and 4c/8t respectively on 12nm
-Prices all around are quite reasonable, however theyre not the miracle works you've heard before
-3800X is priced lower then the OG 1800X, so you don't have to worry about spending $500

EDIT: Also seems like Apisak has joined in, I'd follow him btw. Very informed person who does great work hunting down prototype processors.
Pretty much what I had in mind so I believe it.

I'm kidding, sort of.

Apr 9, 2018

EDIT: The point i'm trying to make is to wind expectations right back, as theyre going way too far out of control in this thread.

I knew Adored was wrong and that chart was way off or even just made up. It looks like:

- Most of the SKUs are wrong
- Nearly all the clocks will be wrong
- Prices are wrong.

So basically, it looks like that was a guess or fake leak, as common sense dictated for such a detailed chart for a release that was 8 months in the future at the time Adored posted it. The guy should be banned as a source, he's lead everyone down the garden path for 7-8 months just so he could get more views and Patreons for his content.

Gushu

Sep 29, 2018
I think its finally time to upgrade my Xeon e3-1231 which im running with an 2080 gtx. Bottleneck is real when playing over 60fps or newer games like Assassins Creed Odysee..

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Pretty much what I had in mind so I believe it.

I'm kidding, sort of.

Fair point, the conference is in about 14 hours anyway so i'll let Lisa do her thing. Just wanted to note that the lineup structure is pretty much the same as 1000 and 2000, and not to get too excited about big changes.

So basically, it looks like that was a guess or fake leak, as common sense dictated for such a detailed chart for a release that was 8 months in the future at the time Adored posted it. The guy should be banned as a source, he's lead everyone down the garden path for 7-8 months just so he could get more views and Patreons for his content.

I'd say thats going a bit too far. He was correct on many things such as the chiplet design, amount of cores, etc.
Yes, the lineup was wrong and he might have gone a bit crazy putting it out there; but he shouldnt be banned for it.
People just need to chill and look at things analytically.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
I bought and built my new system on Black Friday 2018.
2700x
Kraken x62 Aio
Asus Gtx 1080 Strix (from my old build)
Asus x470F gaming
Gskill RGB 16GB DDR4 3200mhz
Samsung 860 Evo 500gb
650W Corsair Gold PSU

What I really need: Another Samsung 860 SSD.
What I want:
Additional 16GB of Ram because its so cheap.
Those sweet new 5ghz CPUs if I can sell my 2700x for 200 bucks.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

R5 3600- 6C 12T
R5 3600X- 6C 12T
R7 3700- 8C 16T
R7 3700X- 8C 16T
R7 3800X- 12C 24T
-Launch in July

should we expect navi lineup in computex as well or will that be mostly in their E3 press conference?

Nov 8, 2017
The guy should be banned as a source, he's lead everyone down the garden path for 7-8 months just so he could get more views and Patreons for his content.

Either he himself exaggerates the information he has, or his sources exaggerate what they know to him and he's not great at vetting it. I do think there's at least some inside connection telling him something. The RTX 2000 series info he posted was wrong in several areas, but got certain things either right or half-right that I don't think were obvious at all prior. It felt like someone had like, some supply chain info, but it was old/outdated/incomplete and they just filled in the blanks themselves and then went ahead with the leak.

Apr 9, 2018
Fair point, the conference is in about 14 hours anyway so i'll let Lisa do her thing. Just wanted to note that the lineup structure is pretty much the same as 1000 and 2000, and not to get too excited about big changes.

I'd say thats going a bit too far. He was correct on many things such as the chiplet design, amount of cores, etc.
Yes, the lineup was wrong and he might have gone a bit crazy putting it out there; but he shouldnt be banned for it.
People just need to chill and look at things analytically.

It's not as the things he was 'correct' about could have been easily deduced. He is wrong about the cores (I'm taking your info) because his SKUs are all hit or miss.

He was totally wrong about 7nm APUs coming this year. He looks totally off about Navi in the same video as that Ryzen chart, according to newer Navi leaks Etc etc, the list goes on regarding what looks like being false info from him.

He should be banned as he created unrealistic hype and expectation all so he could get more exposure and get people to pay him through Patreon. If the guy doesnt lose a tonne of Patreons after the unveil it will be criminal.

Nachtmaer

Oct 27, 2017
Just to clarify, my post wasn't meant to be snarky towards you. It was a self deprecating jab to "this is exactly what I had in mind, therefor it must be correct".

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Hmm given that Samsung b die is going the way of the dinosaur, should I buy 2 more 8GB sticks of 3200 14C RAM, or is 16GB enough
I've bought basically everything except for my cpu and Mobo at this point. Waiting for the new boards.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
should we expect navi lineup in computex as well or will that be mostly in their E3 press conference?

It'll be here, the E3 thing is going to be game benchmarks and some partnership talks.

Just to clarify, my post wasn't meant to be snarky towards you. It was a self deprecating jab to "this is exactly what I had in mind, therefor it must be correct".
I know, its cool :)
Although; even though the structure hasn't changed at all. The Chips certainly have.
Expect the 9900k to become irrelevant overnight with the new R7's ;)
There's still excitement to be had, just not "$99 6 Cores"

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Hmm given that Samsung b die is going the way of the dinosaur, should I buy 2 more 8GB sticks of 3200 14C RAM, or is 16GB enough
I've bought basically everything except for my cpu and Mobo at this point. Waiting for the new boards.

Memory has been improved with the new CPU's, although even with the 2000's it wasnt as bad as the beginning.
If you truly want the best though, Hynix will be bringing out a new die with superior performance to Samsung B in the near future.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Like I wrote, things change. I agree with you, I was just going by the speculation we have so far.

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be upgrading my 4770K to one of the top end models at the end of the year. Sick and tired of Intel and their BS.

Hoping for some faster turn times in CIV6 :P.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to be able to support AMD outside of whatever royalties/payments they get from my console purchases. So I really hope they come out with something cost competitive soon enough that's a good upgrade path for my 4790k rig. That will mean replacing RAM as well, but oh well.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Going 2500K to 2600X beginning of this year was a really nice upgrade. I went 2600X since I got it for $150 and I was figuring I could wait until Zen 3 as long as it's AM4 but these chips are looking tempting....

I thought about upgrading to one myself, but I wanted to wait for cpus released closer to Cyberpunk. Upgrading to Zen 2/3 depends on Cyberpunks release date.

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Onix555 do you have any info/specs about Navi?

I'm afraid I don't have anything to share with you on that front. Apologies.

No real detail (pricing, clockspeed, etc) on Ryzen 3000 series at the upcoming keynote according to Gamers Nexus. AMD keeping that for E3 event.

Absolutely shocked tbh, not entirely sure what to say apart from expressing my disappointment.
It would be appropriate for me to apologise for getting peoples hopes up that it would be there.

I still have 100% faith in the lineup list I have explained, but it seems like I was off mark with it being shown off at Computex, shame :(

For those that don't know, Gamers Nexus is an expert whos been doing this for years. I would trust them above all else, even over my close associates. As such I have no doubts that what he says is true.

Unfortunately, I also still have to stay up till 3AM to watch this conference, even if its only about the x570 platform. Feelsbadman

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Gonna be a lame Computex if they just announce the chipset details and save everything else for E3. At the very least I hope they tease some kind of specific spec. Just seeing ANY Zen2 chip at 4.8Ghz(or anything at/above 4.5ghz really) on "air" would be a nice little tease, even if it's just an XFR single-core boost on an unspecified SKU. Or another "generic" benchmark where they beat a 9900k with a 8c/16t part. Just give me something other than chipset details, lmao.

Hoping they go deep on Navi details or else I'll feel bad for everyone who stays up late to watch that keynote :(

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

No real detail (pricing, clockspeed, etc) on Ryzen 3000 series at the upcoming keynote according to Gamers Nexus. AMD keeping that for E3 event.

What? So they are going to announce chips, with core counts only and NOT give the fucking clock speeds or prices?

How the fuck does that make sense at all.. Basically delaying it to June 10? Fuck that bullshit man. This half announcement, delay to a second actual announcement shit is dumb.

TCi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like some information, but not all will be at Computex to me. So it is a pure platform launch keynote then. If so hype better cool off quick.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
I really hope they dont hold out on CPU info at Computex. I can see saving GPU info for E3, even though that would be weak too, but CPU info should be at Computex. These pre-teaser teasers are annoying. I guess we'll have to wait and see tonight...

Apr 9, 2018
It's Computex for fuck sake, what are AMD doing revealing specs at e3 only? Really stupid the way Ryzen 3000 has been handled tbh. If they're confident then just reveal SKUs and specs at least, people can start looking forward to purchasing on July 7.