• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
This is going to be an mmo?

Seems like it. It sounds as if rather than actually making a complete game themselves, they're going to stick players into it to fill in the parts they aren't actually putting into their game...specifically certain NPCs. Basically it sounds like more of an (initially) empty S.T.A.L.K.E.R. themed MMO that gets populated by players with players creating the content. Makes me loose interest entirely.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
What? This game will be MMO like? That completely deflates my hype, if it's true of course.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018

Going back to this it seems this might be fake. Someone elsewhere pointed out that it has no sources and supposedly includes such absurd things as perma-death with having to pay for another character each time and players resetting the entire world with a quest. Unfortunately i can't figure out a way to use google translate for the entire article as it doesn't detect the link properly.

Oct 25, 2017
A full English translation is here:

DdbIivZV4AIyTxo.jpg:large

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
even though it's 3 years away my excitement for it is already measures more than the sequel to the mediocre metro games. role on 2021

You do realize the actual people who worked on the other STALKER games are not working on this one, right? Those people are all working on Metro now, the so-called "mediocre" games according to you.

In fact I am honestly surprised you guys are all hyping this game up, the actual people who contributed to the brilliance of STALKER are no longer there- STALKER is just an empty shell of an IP at this point, and considering how much of a moron Sergei is, this game will have a steep hill to climb.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope that quote is fake. There is some potential with having other STALKER's controlled by people, but that needs to be in addition to robust AI.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
3 years? Might as well not exist to me. Hell that means it'll be cross generation with PS5 generation.

Somehow I kinda had the vague idea this was already announced and might come like this fall.

I mean I am glad because although I never played much of the first I understand it's a pretty famous game and I like the idea. But 3 years is crazy.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
I asked the team a few questions. To my surprise, they responded!

1. Is there specific funding, or is the team hoping for a funding from major publisher?
A. Can't answer

2. Any veterans returning? How big is the team?
A. Big enough to make your dream come true

3. Can we expect teaser trailer or teaser art this year? (Soon or When it's Ready are acceptable answers).
A. When its ready ;)

Last edited:

Deep Friar

Mar 17, 2018

1. Is there specific funding, or is the team hoping for a funding from major publisher?
A. Can't answer

3. Can we expect teaser trailer or teaser art this year? (Soon or When it's Ready are acceptable answers).
A. When its ready ;)

Very surprising

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017

A. Can't answer

A. When its ready ;)
OMFG :D

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I really hope that quote is fake. There is some potential with having other STALKER's controlled by people, but that needs to be in addition to robust AI.

I don't necessarily think you're wrong, but STALKER isn't exactly known for its robust AI. The "Eurojank" was half the fun of the game, especially when insane shit would happen that would make you question your own sanity and that of the game developers.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't necessarily think you're wrong, but STALKER isn't exactly known for its robust AI.
STALKER's AI leaned on smoke and mirrors in Shadow of Chernobyl, but the entire reason the games work is because of their AI design. Relatively persistent NPCs traversing an open world and engaging in combat (and social interactions) with other NPCs and the player.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
STALKER's AI leaned on smoke and mirrors in Shadow of Chernobyl, but the entire reason the games work is because of their AI design. Relatively persistent NPCs traversing an open world and engaging in combat (and social interactions) with other NPCs and the player.

Exactly. It was far from perfect, but the NPC interactions added a huge element of unpredictability and made the game world so much more engrossing. I've been waiting for a game to pick up the STALKER mantle and run with it for close to a decade now!

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Seems like it. It sounds as if rather than actually making a complete game themselves, they're going to stick players into it to fill in the parts they aren't actually putting into their game...specifically certain NPCs. Basically it sounds like more of an (initially) empty S.T.A.L.K.E.R. themed MMO that gets populated by players with players creating the content. Makes me loose interest entirely.
Wait, what? Shit, no then. That's Fallout 76 style disappointment except worse.