• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
WHAT?!?

Ok hasn't this happened before and nothing came of it? (Or am I mixing this up with something else?)

Edit: where is the 2021 date coming from?

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
what the fuck...

I was half-prepared for this to be some troll but... holy shit... wow

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
considering the absolute journey that was the first game, i am not really optimistic. But the fact that a piece of history will be coming back is like half life 3, ICO, Shenmue 3 and FF7 being announced. you just want to see it so bad regardless of how it turns out.

Personally though, this will likely be PC only so i will make due with Metro 3

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Shadow of Chernobyl was one of the most ambitious games ever made. And it was in development hell for many years too.

They can take their sweet time with this. It probably won't come out until like 2024 or later tho. Just make it good.

Nov 4, 2017
FUCK.

OFF.

giphy.gif

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't GSC making STALKER 2 way back when, and then it got canned in favour of some MMO-style shooter? Maybe I'm mixing up studios.

Either way, I don't really feel too optimistic about this. We'll see in 2021.
Yeah it got canned
And now it's back
Let's hope it doesn't happen again
My sword is with you Sergey!

jamsy

Oct 27, 2017
2021?

I mean, I guess that's good news for fans and all but why announce 3 years ahead of release?

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Nice. Hopefully as good as the first and the third, but without the bugs at launch.
One of the best games ever.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Wasn't GSC making STALKER 2 way back when, and then it got canned in favour of some MMO-style shooter? Maybe I'm mixing up studios.

Either way, I don't really feel too optimistic about this. We'll see in 2021.

This is probably the biggest possible sequel announcement for me. I am so keen for this that words fail me!

GSC devs bailed and formed 4A Games (Metro), Vostok Games (Survarium) and some stayed behind. I am really skeptical they can recapture the magic of the first games, but god damn I am happy for them to try!

They really need to make sure they keep the focus on what made the original so great (AI, unpredictability, atmosphere). Honestly, I'd feel better about this if it remains PC exclusive so they're not tempted to streamline things too much.

I wonder if any of the design work from the previous STALKER 2 will be used?

Slackerchan

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Wait, so who is this new GSC Gameworld team? Didn't they shut down mid-STALKER 2 version 1 development with the majority of them going to form Vostok which made Survarium? How many STALKER seniors are on staff?

I HAVE QUESTIONS