• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Discord posted them today:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

Must be promotional screenshots or bullshots, I can't believe it looks this good.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Looks amazing. Love how well they captured the original art direction and remade it with such fidelity

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
When did this game get a subtitle?

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Really glad this game only has a few months exclusivity lol Would prefer to play this on PS5 rather than Series S

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Nothing unbelievable about those shots tbh.
That's not to say it doesn't look good but it's about on par with what has been shown so far.
Hopefully we get to see something in motion at TGA later today (night)

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Really glad this game only has a few months exclusivity lol Would prefer to play this on PS5 rather than Series S
Oh I didn't know it was a timed exclusive, cool.
Yeah, I can already hear my Series S cry in the background. Who knows, maybe it'll be really well optimised. I do feel like many devs are trying their best with the S, it's pretty great to see.

Love the atmosphere in the screenshots.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
The shots in the open areas look incredible, wow!
I hope we can get this fidelity on consoles too

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Ridiculous that we get this on Game Pass day one. Visually it looks insane.

KCroxtonJr

Oct 28, 2017
Don't seem to be bullshots at all, you can see plenty of aliasing in each shot

Looks great, hopefully we get a nice gameplay demo

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely stunning. Yeah, probably super sampled to hell. They're so CGI like.

But amazing.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Next gen finally getting some love! I know there have been some great-looking PS5 games, but on PC the only thing that's really come close so far is Flight Sim and Cyberpunk, and even that is just a fairly pretty cross-gen title.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I didn't know it was a timed exclusive, cool.
Yeah, I can already hear my Series S cry in the background. Who knows, maybe it'll be really well optimised. I do feel like many devs are trying their best with the S, it's pretty great to see.

Love the atmosphere in the screenshots.

Yeah for sure! Don't know how it'll run on S but this does look like a game you wanna play with the best graphical settings because damn lol It's a looker

Well, yeah, but the fact that this is some Game Pass...

Yeah, but I'm personally okay with buying a game of it's an option. Bought the Series S for exclusives only.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
When did this game get a subtitle?

That's what I was wondering.

Must be promotional screenshots or bullshots, I can't believe it looks this good.

Just looks like PC screenshots to me. 🤷‍♂️

Sure, if you only think that it's a console exclusive. The shots look great, but they don't look like shots that were taken at 8K with everything maxed and at 4fps either.

Last edited:

Astroroom

Aug 19, 2020
Has it been discussed how connected this game is to the original/its expansions? Wondering if I can hop in here, I'm usually someone who wouldn't hop in at a sequel though (For example, I can't imagine playing Psychonauts 2 without my experience with the first game, though I know a lot of people say it's totally fine).

Zep

Jul 12, 2021
It's been a while since I played it, but graphic quality is not that far from Metro Exodus (and it was a last gen game), so I don't think these are bullshots at all.
A lot of last gen textures (at least on console) let down what was overall a good looking game in metro exodus with RT. That's where Stalker looks to be on another level.

Garbrenn

Oct 30, 2017
I LOVED the first three games, and I'm getting Shadows of Chernobyl from a few of those screenshots. Which is a good thing! Very excited to see this in motion.

OP
OP
disgraciau

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
Has it been discussed how connected this game is to the original/its expansions? Wondering if I can hop in here, I'm usually someone who wouldn't hop in at a sequel though (For example, I can't imagine playing Psychonauts 2 without my experience with the first game, though I know a lot of people say it's totally fine).

Takes place some years after the events of Call of Pripyat, that's all I know. But Call of Pripyat was a sequel of Shadow of Chernobyl and only had some references to some secondary characters, and the main one was only showing near the end.

ImPacaTheCat

Mar 3, 2020
A lot of last gen textures (at least on console) let down what was overall a good looking game in metro exodus with RT. That's where Stalker looks to be on another level.

I really don't know on console. I played the enhanced edition on PC, textures were ok for me, and I find both games pretty similar in terms of graphic quality (Stalker looking better than Exodus though)

91LRZq5348L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Looks too good to be true. I need to see an extended gameplay demo before I start getting hyped... The OG STALKER games are some of my all time favourites!

Nov 8, 2017
What does bullshot mean ?
Not familiar with the term.

Bullshit + Screenshot = Bullshot.

Usually refers to the practice of promotional screens being non-representative of how it actually looks - usually by having a lot of supersampling or similar things. Ubisoft used to do it a lot in magazine and website promo stuff, like they'd be showing off games that looked impossibly clean and free of aliasing. A famous other example is from a snowboarding game where they added like photoshopped lens flare effects and such to make the screens look better.

Classybro

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't take the PS5 port coming in a few months a guarantee . Especially if you have a series S you lose nothing in giving it a try. The game being next Gen only in a true next gen issue only bodes well for the series S version.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Looks good, but imo not bullshot levels of good. Especially that field picture has a lot aliasing etc. going on.

What does bullshot mean ?
Not familiar with the term.

Usually refers to screenshot that displays unrealistic graphical fidelity. They can use things like insane supersampling for resolution, effects increased to accuracy / detail levels that aren't realistic for realtime gameplay even at 30FPS, cinematic quality assets that wont be used in real time gameplay other than maybe in tightly directed cutscenes etc.

Basically showing over the top idealized vision of games graphics that is very unlikely to be accurate presentation of actual final game