• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Toku Nation is saying that they've heard that Hasbro now has the license.

Okay let me try to understand this.

Bandai, who has a degree of ownership on the Super Sentai franchise and thus the Power Rangers franchise, will not renew it's contract with Saban, who owns to some degree the Power Rangers franchise, to keep making Power Ranger Branded toys, while absolutely not affecting anything else of the franchise such as TV, Comics and Movies.

In short, Bandai will not renew their contract with Saban to keep producing toys for a franchise that they actually partially own.

That's what's happening, right?
I think you've got it right. This is a mess lol.

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
Yea, TokuNation has heard it's going to Hasbro. Unconfirmed at the moment, but I trust them. I think this will be great for the toy line. Bandai America stopped caring a while ago and it's clear that things needed to be changed.

It's interesting though with all the other changes. Like the new logo. And the fact that the show has been renewed on Nickelodeon for 3 more years when lately we have gotten 2 year chunks of seasons. So a lot is changing and I'm very curious.

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, TokuNation has heard it's going to Hasbro. Unconfirmed at the moment, but I trust them. I think this will be great for the toy line. Bandai America stopped caring a while ago and it's clear that things needed to be changed.

It's interesting though with all the other changes. Like the new logo. And the fact that the show has been renewed on Nickelodeon for 3 more years when lately we have gotten 2 year chunks of seasons. So a lot is changing and I'm very curious.
Yeah someone hypothesized that has Hasbro takes over in may 2019, new season in August 2019, ends in Spring 2020, then super season in August - spring 2021. Meets the renewal years so it's pretty plausible.

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing they're just moving to another manufacturer. I can't imagine they wouldn't be interested in money anymore. Hasbro, maybe.

Oct 30, 2017
Eh. You guys applauding Hasbro getting the license must not be paying attention to the recent decline in quality across all of their brands in recent years. I seriously doubt that this will result in good or better toys than wat Bandai made.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Eh. You guys applauding Hasbro getting the license must not be paying attention to the recent decline in quality across all of their brands in recent years. I seriously doubt that this will result in good or better toys than wat Bandai made.
Power Rangers 2 only gets made if Optimus Prime beats the Megazord in a fist fight

...Eh the movie Megazord wasn't so hot anyways.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I was collecting the Legacy line of Power Rangers. I loved having them at that scale with that poseability, but the quality control was really, really bad and hasn't improved. I don't want the line to end, but I'm pretty sure Hasbro won't be interested in picking up where Bandai left off.

Oct 25, 2017
THR is confirming that Hasbro has picked up the license

Hopefully Hasbro will do a few special Boom comic figures
First-appearance.jpg
latest

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like they'll actually target the older collectors along with kids. Much like Transformers.
Like, they'll sell the $10 plastic to kids, and then the highly detailed metal diecast for $80 to adults.

Oct 25, 2017
Man imagine prime era Marvel Universe line but Power Rangers.
Im not even that big of a fan but that would be amazing.

OP
OP
jwk94

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
The first set of products from Hasbro will be available in spring 2019. Both Hasbro and Saban Brands are dedicated to continue growing this iconic brand. In recognition of this investment, during a period of time after Hasbro becomes the master toy licensee, the arrangement between the parties provides Saban Brands and Hasbro with the opportunity to initiate Hasbro's purchase of the Power Rangers property.
Can you imagine Hasbro owning Power Rangers?!

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I was collecting the Legacy line of Power Rangers. I loved having them at that scale with that poseability, but the quality control was really, really bad and hasn't improved. I don't want the line to end, but I'm pretty sure Hasbro won't be interested in picking up where Bandai left off.
I'd be more into them if they didn't have sculpted muscles. At least it gave us Powerful Rangers.

Hopefully Hasbro will do a few special Boom comic figures
Lord Drakkon 1000% confirmed

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
What does this mean for the Comic!?!
The comic could get some sweet merch sometime in the future.

They are already cross-promoted in the mobile game and the big event arc is based around the comic's original twists on characters. Writing the PR comic and getting to create all types of stuff has to be one of the coolest jobs right now.