• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the mood for some sad vibes and wanted to know what games you know that offers them. I'll start with some for the time being and might add later

Roo

Oct 25, 2017
Child of Light has an exquisite OST imo
Some of the songs have a really sad vibe/atmosphere.

GRIS has some really good songs as well.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
Braid always makes me a bit sad.

KOTOR2

The camp music from Dragon Age Origins. So many bitter sweet conversations with your companions such as Sten explaining how it was that he was in a cage or Morrigan's reaction to receiving a gift with no strings attached, only friendship.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Mmmmmm That ZTD song is absolutely brutal, especially in a few notable scenes
like Sigma and Diana sacrificing themselves to get their kid to safety
Yeah, Blue Bird Lamentation and Morphogenetic Sorrow are both used amazingly well across the series. We still don't know who's doing AI's soundtrack, but I really hope it's Shinji Hosoe again.

My additions to the thread:

Last edited:

Lezyt

Oct 27, 2017
Have a fair bit of nostalgia for this Secret of Mana theme...

Also this pair of tracks from the Suikoden games are some of my favourite tracks ever, sad or not. Especially the second.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
to the moon is a bitter sweet game in general

And this song's not even that sad, it just reminds me of my time as a kid playing Prince of Persia and knowing that the story is over.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
The House of Fata Morgana (visual novel) is well-known for its beautiful and tragic story, and for its magnificent soundtrack. I invite you all to discover two songs from its OST (violins are involved). The first one is just plain sad (and aptly named at that), and the second one very powerful and used for some of the most tragic and important scenes of the game:

TigerBrownie

One Winged Slayer
May 9, 2018
The game was pretty bad, but I still remember as a kid hearing this theme while talking to all the frightened namekians in their broken homes. It still sticks with me as one of the saddest themes.

TranseKuja

Mar 28, 2019

this song right here, this song right here fucks me up

this one is easy but it always gets me tearing up

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Yes! To The Moon's Everything's Alright is a great choice. I'd also add Rakuen's soundtrack. If you haven't played Rakuen and enjoyed To The Moon I highly recommend it. Rakuen is developed by the singer of Everything's Alright.

Oh, grand I didn't know about this, will definitely give it a look!

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
a lot of what i wanted to post have already been posted, so here's some other :

these are more bittersweet, but can't help to feel sad when i hear them

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
The Last Time Travel from Professor Layton and the Unwound Future gives me chills

Ghost Trick - Informing about the Parting is also great. The scene where it plays almost moved me to tears the first time I played the game

Last one - Freezie Breezie from DK Tropical Freeze