• An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 14 hours, 36 minutes, 56 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

SaGa Scarlet Grace Ambitions |OT| So Good It Sells Itself

Iggy

Oct 27, 2017
I’m pretty upset that I’ve slept on the SaGa series so long but if most of them are in the same realm as Scarlet Grace I plan to invest in all of them.
While the other SaGa (Mostly RS2 and Minstrel Song) are very interesting, they are also quite different from this one.
The only game of the series that is somewhat close to it is Unlimited. The design philosophy of Kawazu has evolved a lot in 20 years.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very close to finishing RS3, and reading this thread while I was grinding Asura convinced me to buy Scarlet Grace. Excited to jump in.

Is it too late to get an invite to the RPG discord?

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How to solve the Mt Plinio questline?

Am I supposed to alternate geysers and stones. Not sure what I'm doing lol.

There is like no guide for this game which makes very hard to do the quests.

Last edited:

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
How to solve the Mt Plinio questline?

Am I supposed to alternate geysers and stones. Not sure what I'm doing lol.

There is like no guide for this game which makes very hard to do the quests.
You want to make the volcano erupt, and that means avoiding any activities that will sooth it like interacting with the geysers or freeing the sea creature. You want to hit the stones and fight the monsters in the bays.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
You want to make the volcano erupt, and that means avoiding any activities that will sooth it like interacting with the geysers or freeing the sea creature. You want to hit the stones and fight the monsters in the bays.
Thanks I did that and
It destroyed the town bridge near it. Is there anything important there I missed?[/spoiler>]

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks I did that and
It destroyed the town bridge near it. Is there anything important there I missed?[/spoiler>]
You need to make it erupt enough so that when you walk toward the volcano, an egg pops out. You probably need to do it one more time. Also, the town isn't destroyed, don't worry about that.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
So for anyone who has finished the game as Balmaint is it normal for the earth serpent quest to start if you go outside the areas the game sends you to?

Gyoru

Oct 27, 2017
So for anyone who has finished the game as Balmaint is it normal for the earth serpent quest to start if you go outside the areas the game sends you to?
The scenario you get locked into from chapter 2 onwards depends on the first zone you enter at the start of the chapter. You happened to walk into a zone that triggered the earth serpent instead of one that triggers the scarlet shards, which is what I had as my Ch 2 scenario.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
i seem to have hit a roadblock in urpina 3/scarlet shards:
I've destroyed four: The first one with the Baby, the one in the Normi region, the one in the beach region, and the one in the Queendom, I can't get into Hiberia, and the only other lead I have is out on the west coast with the Saint Seiya Reject and I'm unclear as to how to progress that mission.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
The scenario you get locked into from chapter 2 onwards depends on the first zone you enter at the start of the chapter. You happened to walk into a zone that triggered the earth serpent instead of one that triggers the scarlet shards, which is what I had as my Ch 2 scenario.
Okay, thanks. That actually makes alot more sense outside of me only being half way through his chapter 1 scenario when it happened.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
My awesome girlfriend saw my frothing demand for this game and gifted it to me as an advance christmas present :D

Started a quick game yesterday, got Leonard (he feels like my kind of dumbass) and did the two easiest battle to get the three water drops, I can already see the potential of the battle system. Sparking a tech feels nice already haha.

OP
OP
Gu4n

Gu4n

Oct 26, 2017
NL
I've been datamining the game ever since the Japanese release and now I've imported most of the English strings, it reached the point where it might actually be useful to others, especially with the lack of proper guides in English yet. Recommended sheets are SkillTable (information on skills, their conditionals and what stats affect their damage), WeaponUpgradeTable (where you can see what weapons + stats can be acquired by upgrading what other weapons), roleData (where you can see which roles are unlocked by what skills) and maybe SparkRates, although I haven't worked out how exactly the probabilities work. I'm trying to make as many comprehensible tables based on the data as possible, but it'll probably serve well enough as it is right now. Here's the link: SaGa SCARLET GRACE: AMBITIONS - Datamine.

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017
I'm trying to make as many comprehensible tables based on the data as possible, but it'll probably serve well enough as it is right now. Here's the link: SaGa SCARLET GRACE: AMBITIONS - Datamine.
Wow! This is great. Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this.

How can I acquire new roles with characters?
Typically, roles require you to learn certain weapon/spell techinques. Many roles require you to learn techniques from different weapon or spell classes, for example, Split Cranium (Spear) + Rapid Volley (Bow) = The Driven (Acuity UP L).

Gu4n was kind enough to gather and link this information right above you!

Last edited:

dawgparty

Nov 27, 2017
Wow! This is great. Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this.

Typically, roles require you to learn certain weapon/spell techinques. Many roles require you to learn techniques from different weapon or spell classes, for example, Split Cranium (Spear) + Rapid Volley (Bow) = The Driven (Acuity UP L).

Gu4n was kind enough to gather and link this information right above you!
I didn't explore this nearly enough, thank you! Still a bit confused on which techs come from which items but that will probably just take time. Also, how can I get more longbows and weapons in general? I only am able to equip one to a party right now.

Kitokys

Nov 29, 2017
I didn't explore this nearly enough, thank you! Still a bit confused on which techs come from which items but that will probably just take time. Also, how can I get more longbows and weapons in general? I only am able to equip one to a party right now.
You will occasionally get additional equipment while doing quests, and there's also vendors that will sell a small selection of weapons in exchange for materials. Early game, though, it's pretty rare in my experience. I'm ~18 hours in to a play-through and I still only have two Short Swords.

It helps to recruit characters you come across, because you also get access to their equipment.

There's a shop with a decent selection in Stabiae within Provincia Thracini, the area with water geysers and the volcano.