• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Do you think they'll do the broadcast or Bluray version of the anime?
E4gQseBX0AEM3uy.png
Don't know. I'm guessing the Blu-Ray version is the one with the animation fixes, so hopefully that one.

Last edited:

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For whatever reason, I just remembered the Sailor Moon Abridged series and decided to check it out.

...I don't think it's aged well, personally.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
For whatever reason, I just remembered the Sailor Moon Abridged series and decided to check it out.

...I don't think it's aged well, personally.
Which Sailor Moon Abridged series are you referring to? Because the main/most popular one got taken down years ago. It's also very much a historical artifact at this point as it was made by a group of college freshman for 2007's YouTube. Stuff was way different back then. I doubt Corinne Sudberg would recommend going back and digging up her old series for those very reasons

Speaking of being taken down from YouTube, looks like Toei finally killed the Sailor Moon Says channel, meaning that 90% of old English Sailor Moon clips are now gone

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Which Sailor Moon Abridged series are you referring to? Because the main/most popular one got taken down years ago. It's also very much a historical artifact at this point as it was made by a group of college freshman for 2007's YouTube. Stuff was way different back then. I doubt Corinne Sudberg would recommend going back and digging up her old series for those very reasons

Speaking of being taken down from YouTube, looks like Toei finally killed the Sailor Moon Says channel, meaning that 90% of old English Sailor Moon clips are now gone

Yeah, it's the main one. I just found it re-uploaded on Archive.org. I didn't want to make a thread about it, so I thought I'd post my reaction to it here, where it can just fade away easier.

I've also done things i'm not proud of, so I know the feeling. So as such, I won't post about it anymore and just leave it as a relic.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's the main one. I just found it re-uploaded on Archive.org. I didn't want to make a thread about it, so I thought I'd post my reaction to it here, where it can just fade away easier.

I've also done things i'm not proud of, so I know the feeling. So as such, I won't post about it anymore and just leave it as a relic.
You can definitely talk about it. It's a very interesting relic of the past and, even though it would never get made today, it's still worthy of commentary & discussion.

I think the most damning part of SMAS is that it was by far one of the highest quality abridged series of its time. It came out only shortly after Yu-Gi-Oh abridged started and before TFS officially formed or more popular abridgers like purpleeyes or antfish popped up. But without SMAS, Corrine Sudberg wouldn't be a voice actress today, so I doubt she regrets the series even though it doesn't hold up.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021

NOOOOOOO!!!!! Those clips were great. It also reminded me of how cute Stephanie Beard's voice for "Rini" was.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021

It appears someone was able to get in contact with the DiC dub's music team and retrieve high-quality musical cues. Some good stuff in here.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
It's been ages since I watched the original '90s anime, but I do remember it fondly. I've been reading up on the differences between it and the manga/Crystal, which has been interesting. Following a Cyber Monday sale of LE set 2 of Crystal on Amazon, I ended up ordering that and the less cheap LE set 3, along with the more expensive LE set 1 from a third-party (because Amazon themselves didn't have any more of that one, and missing one and the extras that came with it would've bothered me). I had only seen maybe one or two episodes of Crystal and didn't find much else of interest to pick up for the holidays that I hadn't already, so I figured why not.

I could still consider collecting the '90s anime as well for posterity down the line, but that will require making far more individual purchases than I would like thanks to each season being split into two parts.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
What're the chances the final arc doesn't get adapted? Weren't the movies flops? Maybe Netflix viewership saved them, I don't know.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Supposedly the first film debuted at ninth out of ten at the Japanese box office, wouldn't know about the second. Either way, if Bleach of all things can get what's left of its story adapted, seems certain that Crystal can as well.