• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Saints Row 2 is the best SR imo, and also one of my favourite open world games of all time.

I just loved the story and the humour. I absolutely loved the side activities, like insurance fraud, mayhem or septic avenger. And also being able to completely play the game with a buddy online was probably what led to me to play and beat that game several times.

If not a remaster, at least have it become backwards compatible on the Xbox.

a5rd37G.gif

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
THQNordic has been porting everything else, I'd like to hope it's only a matter of time.

Edit: Never mind, forgot Deep Silver owns this one :/

Whistler

Oct 27, 2017
Saint's Row 2 is the best in the series. All the districts felt unique and separate, the minigames were fun, and thr story had levity balanced with serious moments. It makes my heart hurt to see how the last one dumped on it for daring to have a serious plot.

Nov 1, 2017
I'd love to see it backward compatible. I'm afraid that if they remastered it we might lose a lot of flexibility in the clothes system like we did going to SR3.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Saint's Row The Third's my favourite entry in the series, too, but I'd definitely be up for an SR2 remaster. Heck, some kind of Saints Row series package with all four games would be pretty cool, too. And if we're getting into true, 'this'll never happen in several million years' territory, a true remake of the first game, to make it more inline with the rest of the series, would be amazing.

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
I want a remaster so bad. It's my favorite game of all time.

But they need to fix the helicopter sections. They're so bad. SO BAD.

OmniBaneSolid

Oct 27, 2017
Saints row 2 is my favorite in the series. Coming of GTA 4, it felt so much better to play.

SR2 Boss is one of my favorite villain protagonist because the game never attempted to hide the fact that you are evil.
So when you play the game destroying everything that lives, there is no dissonance because that is what the character is.

Deleted member 20799

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have the game on PC from a bundle IIRC, but that was after playing SR3/4. I ended up skipping the game because the controls and performance weren't to my liking, and I didn't want to fight the game for a couple dozen hours.

A remake with updated controls & engine would be neat, though I'm guessing the projected ROI wouldn't be worthwhile to them.

Butz

Nov 21, 2017
Wait, didn't GOG fix the PC version when they released it on their store a couple years ago? I thought I remember reading about that after the PC port was broken for years.

AlmostMilk

Oct 27, 2017
Saints Row 2 is my favorite of the series. Story was ridiculous but great. Many great times playing with friends. Doubt a remaster would happen but it becoming backwards compatible would be nice.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Theyre fugly as games in that it's so fugly it still kind of looks dope. No need for a remaster.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be very up for a modern version of that character creation. Give it an actually decent PC version and I'll be set.

Nov 14, 2017
Unfortunately IdolNinja (Volition's community manager and the guy that made Gentlemen of the Row) has gone on record saying that because of the way they made SR2, a remaster is out of the cards because it would require building the engine from scratch. We're better off hoping for a new game that takes place on Stilwater.

Sucks too, because if THQ hadn't been grossly incompetent, we could've at least gotten a proper PC port instead of them pawning the job off to a third party for a quick buck. And the source code was lost in the THQ sale, so Volition will never be able to go back and fix the bugs.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be happy if SR1 and SR2 became backwards compatible. Specially SR1 since it was never ported and was only on 360.

SR2 was my favorite in the series though. I'll never forget the funeral scene. Gat at his best.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I'd much prefer a Saints Row: The Third remaster, as it was a much better game. Or a remaster of the first game.

I don't know what it was, but I didn't like Saints Row 2 all that much. The campaign missions got really tedious and it lacked polish. Maybe it's because I played it after 3, I don't know. I liked 1 a lot, and really liked 3 and 4.

The Ummah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite of the series, by far. Shoutout to Aisha/Sy Smith.

"Bounce like my checks did, back in the day!"

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The fact you can spray poo in the environment makes this the best Saints Row. Doubt it will ever happen but I'd play the hell out of a remaster of it.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I want Saints Row 2 to look like Saints Row 3. Some things like clothing options are better in 2.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Tried to play the free GOG copy from a while back but it was rough, the framerate felt weird and the controls weren't the best. Would welcome a remaster, never played the game before but ppl talk fondly of it even putting it above some GTA games.

Oct 28, 2017
This was a genuinely great game, one of the first, in fact maybe the first game I played with friends online with a mic on xbl, good times.

Rahxephon91

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a remaster, but another game in it's vain.

It's kind of odd in this era of open world games we haven't really gotten a modern GTA3 like open world game. Everything is sci fi, in the past or fantasy based.

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
Still want a real Saints Row game, Saints Row 5? But I can dig this. Best open world I've played - much fun.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Playing this game with co-op and cheats was amazing! No other game came close to it! It's way better than any GTA!

Speaking of which, system link needs to come back! So many games on 360 let you create ad-hoc rooms. Saints Row, Left 4 Dead, Dead Island, etc.

Virtua

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How about a self-aware remake where the saints discover they're in a remake and change the timeline to avoid agents of mayhem happening

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully, we'll see Saint's Row make its return in the future. Would be nice to revisit the game when it was simpler.

ronaldthump

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SR2 was the best, 1 had too many issues, 3 was great fun, 4 was WTF, 2 is the best.

I had fun with 2, 3, 4 - the president + aliens one was fucking hilairious and so good. especially later when you can
go all neo in the matrix
For me 4, was absolutely incredible. Just completely OTT. We need more games like this.