• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted a true sequel. I will never get that now.

But yeah, what the hell, I'd take a remaster of it and Saints Row 1 (with redone controls).

Last edited:
OP
OP
PROh1bited

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately IdolNinja (Volition's community manager and the guy that made Gentlemen of the Row) has gone on record saying that because of the way they made SR2, a remaster is out of the cards because it would require building the engine from scratch. We're better off hoping for a new game that takes place on Stilwater.

Sucks too, because if THQ hadn't been grossly incompetent, we could've at least gotten a proper PC port instead of them pawning the job off to a third party for a quick buck. And the source code was lost in the THQ sale, so Volition will never be able to go back and fix the bugs.

Damn. If that's the case, then I'd gladly accept a backwards compatibility update for the Xbox.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Recently tried SR2 on PC and even though it runs pretty bad still (even with Gentlemen of the Row mod) I think I'm good. I just want the next Saints Row, and while Agents of Mayhem had a neat nod to Saints Row, it wasn't the game I was anticipating. Please let SR5 have a ton of destructible stuff like Red Faction Guerrilla.

Phonomezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have all of them but I only ever finished 4 for some reason. I didn't really get into SR2 that much, but I have fond memories of SR1. Miss the old gang story.

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Would love that! Such a fun game. I got it free when i bought SR3 and loved it. I think my main file is bugged tho; my Boss always smells now. It gets tiresome having to kill randos calling me smelly.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Yes, please!!
Still my favorite Saints Row game to this day. I had so many wonderful hours in co-op with a friend.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
It's playable but the PC version need a redo. I played it recently and it's still fun.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
I don't need a remaster but would like to see it made backwards compatible on Xbox One so the technical kinks can be ironed out.

Fantastic game. It's quality allowed it to break out of forever being looked upon as a GTA clone and forge its own identity. It managed to balance the absurd with the drama perfectly, and was just a blast to play. Best in the series, by some margin.

Pinballsummer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never played 2, but loved 3. I definitely believe the hype about 2 being better, but my intro was 3 and going back to 2 at this point seemed like a really bad idea. Figured it was too late by that point and most likely wouldn't get past the very outdated visuals. Would buy a remaster in a second.

PLEASE MAKE MORE OPEN WORLD CITY GAMES.

Getting soooo tired of the empty wilderness / desert / forest environments.

Flamin' Galah

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should do what 2K did with BioShock: The Collection. Remaster the first three games with only single player content.

Bond

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
I grew up on the series, with the first game being my introduction to the next generation. Volition developed one of the most underrated open-world settings, in Stilwater with the city being a major character in level design. Nothing was placed in the world for no reason; bowling statues can be knocked over with cars and online was fleshed out.

But SR2 redefined the franchise, giving it a strong personality with wacky and fun tonal balance. Everything about the game was perfected after the first game was a bog standard open world game. It added characters we cared about, made the side activities worth completing and giving the player tools for distraction without slowing pace. Despite having awful driving controls and mediocre graphics it trumps any GTA game releases since San Andreas. It sad what happened to the series eventually, as volition forgot what made the original games so engrossing.

So to answer the question OP, of course, it deserves a remaster. Maybe even a reboot set in Stilwater would be enough for me. I would also welcome a backward compatible patch on the Xbox One.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They should do what 2K did with BioShock: The Collection. Remaster the first three games with only single player content.
No coop? People love that stuff in Saints Row. Probably wouldn't be smart to remaster those games without it. And the hardcore crowd would be pissed if they brought back SR1 without multiplayer i think.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I always wanted them to combine the physics of Red Faction Guerrilla with the Saints Row-verse. I feel like the comedic value of knocking over buildings with septic tank trucks would be unmatched.