• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CutieYuri

Oct 7, 2022
We are pleased to let you know that on December 8th we will be upgrading all copies of Saints Row IV to Saints Row IV: Re-Elected. This includes Saints Row IV: Game of The Century Edition. This means that players who own Saints Row IV in any capacity will be automatically upgraded to Saints Row IV: Re-Elected and therefore will have access to the included DLC packs:

Mission DLC:

· Enter the Dominatrix

· How the Saints save Christmas

Outfit and Weapon DLC:

· Anime Pack

· Bling Bling Pack

· Brady Games Pack

· Child's Play Pack (PC only and sold for charity)

· College Daze Pack

· Commander-in-Chief Pack

· Dubstep Remix Pack

· Element of Destruction Pack

· Game On Pack

· Gamestop Weapon Contest Pack

· GAT V Pack

· Grass Roots Pack

· Hey Ash Whatcha Playin? Pack

· Pirate's Booty Pack

· Presidential Pack

· Reverse Cosplay Pack

· Stone Age Pack

· Thank You Pack

· The Rectifier

· The Super Saints Pack

· Volition Comics Pack

· Wild West Pack

· Zinyak Attack Pack

· Executive Privilege Pack

All other versions and separate DLC will be removed from sale as of December 8th and will no longer be useable. All of your saves and achievements will be moved over so you can still play as you always have. Mods should not be affected.

This change will go live for Windows players on December 8 and later for Linux players.

Along side this update we are thrilled to let you know that crossplay on PC will become available with players on Epic Games and GOG, so you can create mayhem with a friend on another launcher! So go forth Saints, and paint Steelport Purple.

View: https://youtu.be/5_rU9-Z_mzg

tl:dr

- Starting December 8th for Windows PC players, all SR4 vanilla and Game of the Century Edition versions getting free update to Re-Elected version which includes all DLC. GotC and Re-Elected versions are functionally the same with minor differences, so this really mostly only affects vanilla/non-DLC owners. Linux version will get update later.
- Crossplay between Epic, GoG, and Steam store will be possible.
- Any current saved games and achievements should be transferred over, mods should remain usable after the update.
- Windows Store version of SR4: Re-Elected is not mentioned, so status of crossplay is either unknown or will not be added to that version in this update.

Last edited:

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Everything after SR2 was trash. Come at me. SR3 jumped the shark terribly and everything since has been forced unfunny dog shit.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still enjoy this. Still an upgrade over the first two, but a downgrade compared to 3.

Oct 26, 2017
Got it for like $3 on the Switch eShop a few months back and have yet to boot it up. Glad I got it as well as Red Faction Guerilla ReMARStered that was also like $3 on the Switch eShop (same with Metro 2033 Redux). Deep Silver did a cool thing with those rock bottom discounts. Would like to see more of that! :P

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Everything after SR2 was trash. Come at me. SR3 jumped the shark terribly and everything since has been forced unfunny dog shit.
3 was still fun because it was aware it jumped the shark and escalated things to high heaven. Everything after has been incredibly forced trash and it's sad to see it's corpse paraded around with Saints Row: Watch Dogs

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Well, nice but it should be a day one update.
People who really wanted the game at this point already double dipped...
I'm ok because I have the base game and I miss a bunch of dlcs, so free stuff for me, but some people got screwed here.

OP
OP
CutieYuri

CutieYuri

Oct 7, 2022
Reminder this game will be given away next week for free on Epic Games Store!

FIC8Cwf.png

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
When I saw the headline I was hoping it accompanied a PS5/XSX port announcement. Would love an excuse to Platinum this game again.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think SR3 is okay (SR2 is way better) but it's definitely the beginning of the end, and all the wrong lessons were learned by its success.
I am totally on the oppisite end. I like SR1 and 2 but the series didn't hit it's stride to 3 where it was incredible. 4 is an extension of 3 but still a blast and has a fantastic premise.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I played this for the first time to completion (had started it a little once before) earlier this year and actually really enjoyed it. I think I might have liked it more because I had all the DLC (the chain explosion ability was both great fun to see waves of explosions exponentially spread through crowds and excellent for literally blasting through the content.) It's less complete in some ways, but it really does feel like a love letter to the series. And that was quite cool.

Interested why Windows Store isn't included in this crossplay goodness. Kinda strange, honestly. We know that a lot of games allow cross-saves as easily as changing the filename. And MS isn't philosophically against crossplay either. Hm. Weird? Maybe? Who knows.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
That's a nice upgrade. Guess I won't bother with the EGS version, then, I already have the base game on Steam.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's real cool of them. I'm guessing the cross play will be through Epic's online handler thing. Might reinstall to check this out.

Windows Store version probably isn't getting updated due to a combination of having basically nobody that actually purchased it, and not wanting to deal with certification.

LongDongJunon

Nov 13, 2017
I am totally on the oppisite end. I like SR1 and 2 but the series didn't hit it's stride to 3 where it was incredible. 4 is an extension of 3 but still a blast and has a fantastic premise.

This is exactly where I'm at and I think that's why I'm at odds with many of the series's fans. I share the sentiment that SR didn't find its own identity until SR3 and I loved it along with 4. I totally get the reverence for 2 and even 1 to a degree, but the steelport games were my jam. Even gat outta hell. And I enjoyed SR 2022 for what it was

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Really liked this game but I also played it modded on PC. I dont think I completed this so might give it a run again.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Cool. Replayed most of it on Xbox this year. Still a real fun game.

I remember the PC version already being pretty solid at least compared to SRTT at launch, but that's still cool and all the DLC stuff coming with it is nice.

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
Was it saints one or two that they apparently managed to recover the source code for? Always been curious to hear more about that

This is also very cool!

Oct 27, 2017
Is the PC version of Re-Elected as shit as the console versions? Bugs that randomly (and regularly) deleting your wardrobe, popping noises in the audio, and more! I think I'd rather just stick with the original.

The game seriously needs a remaster like 3 got.

Kaworu

Oct 28, 2017
Hope this fixes the bug on my save that doesn't let me finish the final mission...

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
This was the best game in the series for me. I would be up for another play through. I can dig this.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
I really enjoyed playing through it back when it was released. I know some hated how over the top it was but I liked it.

May play the christmas dlc just cause it's that time of year

OP
OP
CutieYuri

CutieYuri

Oct 7, 2022
Update is up, game is also currently free on Epic Games Store!

Legacy version of SR4 will also be available via a beta branch for GoG and Steam versions.

store.steampowered.com

Saints Row IV: Re-Elected - Saints Row IV – PC Crossplay now enabled + Free Upgrade - Steam News

Saints Row IV: Re-Elected upgrades are rolling out, play with a friend with PC crossplay & FAQ.

As we mentioned last week, crossplay is now live for Saints Row IV: Re-Elected across Steam, Epic and GOG Windows users! Your game should automatically upgrade to the Re-Elected version from whichever version you owned previously if you are on Windows, meaning if you didn't already have all the DLC for the game – now you do!

We will update you all here when we have more news on the Linux version of this update.

Have fun in Steelport, Saints!

FAQ

Does this include Gat Out of Hell?
No, Saints Row Gat Out of Hell was a separate release, it was included in a double pack with SRIV: Re-Elected once but this is not the standard release.

I am in AUS – why can't I play with my friend in another country?

Saints Row IV: Re-Elected has different content due to ratings in AUS, so you can only play with others on the same version as you.

Is there a way I can stop the upgrade and keep my version of Saints Row IV as it is?
You can disable auto-update on GOG Galaxy if you have the game currently installed. (Cogwheel > Settings > Game features > Untick 'Auto-update games')
A Legacy Version of Saints Row IV will be also be available via a separate Beta Branch on GOG and Steam.
To access the old version of Saints Row IV, right click on the game in your library, go to properties > beta and use the dropdown menu to select the version you want.

for more help with this: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/276C-85A0-C531-AFA3
However the differences between old and new versions will be minimal, and save games will be compatible.

When will the Linux players get their upgrade?

We will update the community when we have a locked in date for this.

Can Linux players crossplay now or do they have to wait?

Official support will come for Linux later – we will let you know when this is going to be available.

Will Mods be affected?

Mods should not be affected, and should work as normal aside from any special cases where elements of the mod may clash with the code of the game.

Jan 23, 2022
Those people saying that this is the best Saints Row is correct. Special times were had, especially in customization and powers.