• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
FabRre2XgAANahb

Good, cause shit looks hot

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
I am both impressed at the pre-orders and relieved that Embracer Groups target seems realistic.

Yes this is a stab at Square-Enix.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear their expectations are in check.

Unlike some people. *cough* Square Enix *cough*

Fake edit: screw you Wrexis

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Game drought and it's a known franchise that people love. It's going to do super well.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
That's good, I'm happy for Voltion! I hope the game is good, they're a great studio that need a win.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Great news!

I've pre-ordered on Xbox, in for day one. Works out perfectly since I have the 26th off work; three day weekend. I've missed Saint's Row.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see. I honestly think it looks good and the market seems ready for a new AAA retail release.

We need more unapologetically video gamey games in that space.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Lol, the woke go broke people are gonna be mad and huffing some serious copium!

I'm still baffled by this whole "new Saint's Row is woke" thing. I always thought SR2 and beyond were pretty progressive. Crass, maybe, but always had a diverse cast, sex positive, against the status quo, flexible character creation and fashion.

It's like people complaining about the new Predator movie when female protagonists and "final girls" are time-honored traditions of the horror genre. Do these neckbeards even watch/play the media they claim is being stolen from them?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
This is a good sign of Embracer having reasonable expectations for all the shit they're buying up, so that's a good sign I think. Glad to hear their exceeding, I'm excited.

Caped Baldy

Dec 11, 2017
I'm still baffled by this whole "new Saint's Row is woke" thing. I always thought SR2 and beyond were pretty progressive. Crass, maybe, but always had a diverse cast, sex positive, against the status quo, flexible character creation and fashion.

It's like people complaining about the new Predator movie when female protagonists and "final girls" are time-honored traditions of the horror genre. Do these neckbeards even watch/play the media they claim is being stolen from them?

The main girl in the gang wears a shirt, instead of a bikini top, you see. So, as you can see...woke.

Also, the founding members of the gang (besides the boss) are now an Asian man, a black man, and a latina. So, super-woke actually. So very, very woke.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I'm gonna say that a certain demographic over the age of 30 thinks any girl wearing modern fashion is "woke."

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

They seen a black female being used for marketing and with ballistic that's pretty much it.

Nov 14, 2017

Hell, SR2 had a black male as the default character and the extended cast were an Asian man and a white hippie woman.

Part of me thinks those people didn't actually interact with the series until SR3, when the default boss is a white male. Would line up with SR3 being the breakout title for the series as well.

Panic_Boats

Mar 6, 2021
The main girl in the gang wears a shirt, instead of a bikini top, you see. So, as you can see...woke.

Also, the founding members of the gang (besides the boss) are now an Asian man, a black man, and a latina. So, super-woke actually. So very, very woke.
Which is funny because even in the first Saints Row game only one important Saint was white, and he was an undercover cop.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, anecdotally I checked my ps5 pre-order page the other day and I have like twenty something friends who pre-ordered.... seems like a lot.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Hell, SR2 had a black male as the default character and the extended cast were an Asian man and a white hippie woman.

Part of me thinks those people didn't actually interact with the series until SR3, when the default boss is a white male. Would line up with SR3 being the breakout title for the series as well.
Huh, this is an interesting observation.

You may be right.

I know for me SR3 is when I bounced from the series. And it was just the over the top, wackiness of it all.

This reboot seems to be a good mix, so we'll see.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
I wish this game had crossplay so bad so I can play with my friend on Xbox (I'm on PS5). I've even strongly considered just getting a series x so we can play. Please bring crossplay to this šŸ˜­

Siinova

Oct 29, 2017
This game is priced well physical in Canada so it's a no brainer for me. Haven't seen a game for $59.99 here in so long.