• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would've prefered 4 but i'm interested how good the port is.

Deleted member 3183

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Odd it's not Saints Row 4, but I'm always down for more Saints Row. A criminally under appreciated series.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is wild. Wonderful surprise. That was a fantastic game and the last one in the franchise to treat it as the alternative to GTA that I think it should have stayed. 4 was sort of a (somewhat fun) mess, but three checked all the boxes GTA didn't without getting off subject. It had a good spot as the highly customizable, unrestrained alternative.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This really should have been a double pack with 4, but ah well. I hope this is a good port.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Curious about the performance. Switch hasn't really been the best when rendering big open worlds due to its CPU...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The best Saints Row game. Was a great call releasing his one instead of going straight to 4.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
You folks who want 4 over 3 is it only because more recent?

Because I think 3 is easily the better game.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I'll definitely pick this up if the price is reasonable and it actually runs okay.

I vastly prefer Saints Row 3 to 4.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
If the port is good, I'll pick it up day one. Don't really care about price tbh.

The Third is no 2 but it's pretty good.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
It could be fun to have a Saints Row game on the go, but I did not like the majority of story missions in 3. Most of them were just forcing you to do the otherwise optional side activities.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm too skeptical but I cant see this being anything other than a terrible port.
I feel it.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Man publishers really do love re-heating almost decade-old titles for the Switch audience, don't they?
Yeah - Remasters and Ports of older titles never happen on other systems.

Pretty sure this is the first SR game on a Nintendo console and/or handheld - the system doesnt have True Crime, GTA, WatchDogs or whatever yet - so this seem like a fine and worthwhile addition to the system libary.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Yeah - Remasters and Ports of older titles never happen on other systems.

Pretty sure this is the first SR game on a Nintendo console and/or handheld - the system doesnt have True Crime, GTA, WatchDogs or whatever yet - so this seem like a fine and worthwhile addition to the system libary.

The difference is those platforms are also getting new games in these series. The Switch is just getting the old titles. It's super frustrating as a Switch owner. I have the cash and I'll pay for new games, but third parties see fit to just re-release their old content instead.

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I never played a saint row game...i am interested in this one but don't know what to expect. What game is the closest to compare with this?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The difference is those platforms are also getting new games in these series. The Switch is just getting the old titles. It's super frustrating as a Switch owner. I have the cash and I'll pay for new games, but third parties see fit to just re-release their old content instead.
What new SR game are you talking about ? GTA V has been selling for ages on these consoles and came out on PS360.

If you want more newer titles on the Switch - thats a fair point...but its not a either or situation with ports or remasters. If this product didnt exists you would get SR V this may on Switch instead.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I never played a saint row game...i am interested in this one but don't know what to expect. What game is the closest to compare with this?

GTA. It's more of a slapstick version of it though, with a "anything goes" sense of humour. Probably hillarious of that's your thing, but the gameplay is very mediocre really. Missions, gunplay, driving, city design, characters, etc - nothing is especially bad, but it's never more then average either.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

PS4 and Xbox got SR4 ports, and as there's no SR5 yet we don't know if Switch will get it. But We do know Doom Eternal and, it's looking likely, Wolfenstein: Youngbloood are both coming to Switch. It's not an absolute situation like you make it seem.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly Deep Silver/THQ Nordic probably chose the better game to bring over.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Remember GTA during the Vice City days when it was more about the borderline cartoony over-the-top sensibilities and the power fantasy of being a belligerent sociopath rising your way through the ranks of the crime world and turning the world into your own playground?

Take that and multiply the "zany" by about eleven times and you get Saints Row - after the second game at least. It's a fun series but a lot of the fans feel it lost its way after the second once it moved away from being a San Andreas type satirical crime sandbox that was fairly grounded, to the third one onward that emphasized glitzy, wacky and over the top presentation. They still maintain an oddly fun continuity despite that, and the fourth one was arguably the most appropriate way to close out the series.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
What new SR game are you talking about ? GTA V has been selling for ages on these consoles and came out on PS360.

If you want more newer titles on the Switch - thats a fair point...but its not a either or situation with ports or remasters. If this product didnt exists you would get SR V this may on Switch instead.

Saints Row is a poor example, because it hasn't seen a new release since 2013, but a better example is instead of Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ubisoft has instead decided to dredge up a game from 2012 for Switch owners instead.

It just seems with almost every Nintendo Direct we see some weird super-late port from publishers instead of the newest release, often for full price to boot.

It was fine as a launch window filler but these days, almost three months in, it's pretty lame.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loved this game, got all achievements even for the DLCs. It's what I wanted from a GTA back in the day, not GTA IV's overly serious approach but SR3's batshit crazy shenanigans. And the game is legit good in terms of gameplay and offers a lovely soundtrack, too. If the price isn't insane, I'll pick this up in virtue of its portability.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Saints Row is a poor example, because it hasn't seen a new release since 2013, but a better example is instead of Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ubisoft has instead decided to dredge up a game from 2012 for Switch owners instead.

It just seems with almost every Nintendo Direct we see some weird super-late port from publishers instead of the newest release, often for full price to boot.

It was fine as a launch window filler but these days, almost three months in, it's pretty lame.
Not instead - AC Odyssey was never on the table for Switch. AC3 Remastered is a multiplattform game and re-releasing on every system.

Current-Gen AAA titles not hitting your Switch has next to nothing to do with remasters/ports you are worried about.

Oct 25, 2017
Depending on the price and how good a port this is, I can see myself double dipping. I really want GTA V, but SR3 was a lot of fun.

Nov 23, 2017

Every thread about any release on switch: "here is why it doesn't count or why I'm gonna move the goal posts about it"
its really tired by now honestly. It doesn't add to the thread. It is just whining and posting about droughts after you had to minimize the release in the first place.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

Try to guess why Ubisoft or Deep Silver or Capcom didn't make Odyssey, Metro Exodus or DMC V ports for NSW.

I'll help you: NSW can't run these games.
If ports are viable every publisher will be down to make games available on all platforms, 2 years later and people can't accept this. The NSW is a very good console but it's unresonable to expect every AAA games on the platform. Be glad that DOOM, Wolfenstein, MK11 and DOOM Eternal are coming to NSW.