• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
H2x1_NSwitch_SaintsRowTheThirdTheFullPackage_image1600w.jpg

Put the wildest chapter of the Saints Row saga in the palms of your hands for the first time on Nintendo Switch. You bring the fight to Steelport, a sordid city of sin. This is your City. These are your rules.

Saints Row®: The Third™ - The Full Package is the definitive release of one of gaming's most beloved entries, playable on a Nintendo system for the first time ever with new features for Nintendo Switch™.
  • Genre: Open-World Action/Shooter with Driving
  • Metacritic: 84 (Original 360 Version)
  • Release Date: 10th May 2019
  • Developer: Volition (Original) / DSFishLabs (Port)
  • Publisher: Koch Media
  • Platform: Nintendo Switch
  • Price: £34.99 / $39.99 / €39.99 (RRP, you can easily find it cheaper)
  • File Size: 7.1GB
  • Resolution and Framerate: Developer says 1080p Docked/720p handheld but whether that's the case in the final build is currently unknown as is the final framerate, will update after the Day One Patch and better analysis.
Switch Features
Portable Over The Top Co-op –
Fly solo, or play online with a homie and for the first time – two players can play side to side via online or local multiplayer. Give naked skydiving a try, landing in your partner's flaming pickup as you make a suicide run toward a heavily armed Syndicate brothel. Steelport is more fun with a friend.

The Full Package – Includes all three mission packs and more than 30 DLC items. All previously released content is included on the game card. Two DLC packs - the Bloodsucker Pack and the Unlockable Pack, have been omitted for game balance and improvement based on feedback.

Official Screenshots

Videos (Pre Day-One Patch)
Switch Watch

IGN Review - 6.8 (Acceptable in Handheld, Poor in Docked)

Direct-Feed Xbox 360 vs. Switch Comparison

Last edited:

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Saints Row The Third when it released, but I don't know how I feel about them charging that much for it now.

Oct 25, 2017
Hull, England
I had a blast with saints row the third, I still play though backwards compat on the Xbox One X, not sure about the price but If I had a switch it would be a game I would pick up due to how much fun the game is.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
It's been a while since Saints Row's cancellation on the 3DS, so it's about time to see the series on a Nintendo platform, and a much better one for this type of game.

Bionic-Boost

May 12, 2018
Preloaded and ready to do some Rasslin' moves on random pedestrians. Fingers crossed the FPS issue gets resolved.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely going to jump in and check it out - wish they brought 2 instead of 3! I hope it does well so maybe Rockstar could just port all their old games also. I've realized that my Switch in handheld is building a library of older titles that I'm legit amazed by playing portable. Can't wait to mess around in Steelport, hopefully I'll be able to put Shakedown Hawaii down to check it out.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta wait and see how that day 1 patch does. Can't deal with sluggish aiming in games like this

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oof this looks rough. Combined with the already crude visuals and a framerate that barely holds up under even the slightest of action it doesn't look too hot.

Hard pass on this one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Plum

Plum

May 31, 2018
Preloaded and ready to do some Rasslin' moves on random pedestrians. Fingers crossed the FPS issue gets resolved.

Yeah, same here. I ended up keeping my pre-order of the Deluxe Version but if the framerate is really bad I'll have to consider selling it.

Never played it and I still have GCU.....worth $35?

If you're fine with how the performance/resolution of the final build turns out then yeah, there's definitely more than enough here if you haven't played it before. It's also the only game of this type on the console (LA Noire and Lego City exist but they're really not the same) so it definitely fills a niche there.

I kinda wish it was SR4. It was fun being Super.

SR4 was great but SR3 is definitely the more replayable game imo. You just get so OP so fast in SR4 whereas SR3 has a much more balanced progression system (if you're not using the DLC stuff, that is) that encourages you to use more of the game's features. I don't think I even drove in my 100% playthrough of SR4 beyond the first mission. SR3 also has fewer scripted sequences and the like from what I remember

Oof this looks rough. Combined with the already crude visuals that framerate barely holds up under even the slightest of action.

Hard pass on this one.

Wait until we see the final performance before making a judgement like that. All footage so far is from the unpatched pre-release version, we've got no idea how the game will look like after release with the Day One Patch.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I took the jump at £30. One of the best titles I've played last gen, not to mention the fact it builds on the goofier aspects of GTA that Rockstar have long since neglected.

No chance of a midnight release for this right?

OP
OP
Plum

Plum

May 31, 2018
I took the jump at £30. One of the best titles I've played last gen, not to mention the fact it builds on the goofier aspects of GTA that Rockstar have long since neglected.

No chance of a midnight release for this right?

If you're referring to GAME then no I highly doubt it. If it's the eShop then I'm not sure when it'll come out. Best bet is to just wait up and see.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
If you're referring to GAME then no I highly doubt it. If it's the eShop then I'm not sure when it'll come out. Best bet is to just wait up and see.
Nah, digital. I know for standard eShop games it's like midday, but didn't know if retail releases were a little different.

Can't wait to customise my character and jump back in. Been like 6 years since I've played Third, I really enjoyed it. Completely shameless fun.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a BAD Port :/
Bad resolution, bad framerate, pop in, not much color... Wish we would get GTA 4 and/or 5 on Switch.

OP
OP
Plum

Plum

May 31, 2018
Seems like a BAD Port :/
Bad resolution, bad framerate, pop in, not much color... Wish we would get GTA 4 and/or 5 on Switch.

It's too early to judge that yet seeing as we don't have the Day One Patch or proper resolution analysis; wait until tomorrow at least as the embargo regarding footage will be up (anyone sharing videos now either got their copy early or pirated it). It's really difficult to tell resolution from compressed YT videos unless it's something really low and the fps is liable to change.

Also lol @ saying there's not much colour then saying you want GTA4 instead.

Oct 27, 2017
It's too early to judge that yet seeing as we don't have the Day One Patch or proper resolution analysis; wait until tomorrow at least as the embargo regarding footage will be up (anyone sharing videos now either got their copy early or pirated it). It's really difficult to tell resolution from compressed YT videos unless it's something really low and the fps is liable to change.

Also lol @ saying there's not much colour then saying you want GTA4 instead.

I don't want GTA 4 for the color, I want it because it's a much better game.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Different game but I just had a look at the PS4 version of saints row IV and can't say that's too impressive either.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I compared it to the Xbox 360 version here (Switch version is pre-Day 1 patch). I'll do some undocked gameplay once the patch is made available.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna get this game but then THQ decided to show their true side and fuck this shit, I am not supporting an alt-right company that has no problem pandering to pedos.

OP
OP
Plum

Plum

May 31, 2018
I compared it to the Xbox 360 version here (Switch version is pre-Day 1 patch). I'll do some undocked gameplay once the patch is made available.

Thanks, updated the OP with it (added that it's pre day one patch just as a disclaimer).

Any indication of what the resolution is? I can't really tell but it definitely looks a little less aliased than the 360 version.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks, updated the OP with it (added that it's pre day one patch just as a disclaimer).

Any indication of what the resolution is? I can't really tell but it definitely looks a little less aliased than the 360 version.
Well, docked version most likely has higher resolution than 360 and the footage is from docked (I think).

NWR review says the game runs fine undocked, but has framerate issues docked.

I ended up buying the game for the discount. Hopefully day one patch improves things. What bums me the most is no gyro.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's one of my favourite open-world games of all time: hilarious, fun, with a lovely soundtrack too. Until GTAV it was the best "crime simulator" around, thanks to GTA IV going in a weird direction. But 40$ is steep, especially with the performance issues. Hopefully the framerate becomes good, in handheld especially, as I can already play the game on home consoles.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what time the day one patch is due? Want to make a video but don't want to be spreading misinformation (ie using old footage / frame rate data).

imo at the moment it's very rough. Input lag, a frame rate that must be in the mid teens in heavy sequences, I suspect a non-native resolution or at least some kind of half res alpha.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
Is anyone able to launch the game? Or will it unlock later in the day, I was wanting to play around a little bit before work but the eShop says the game isn't out yet.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Anyone know what time the day one patch is due? Want to make a video but don't want to be spreading misinformation (ie using old footage / frame rate data).
The game is already available on the European eShop, but the day one patch isn't available yet. This will hopefully happen once the game is unlocked/available in the US, so within the next couple of hours.

Last edited: